So all of you really think Bill Polian is a upgrade over Ireland? check this out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So all of you really think Bill Polian is a upgrade over Ireland? check this out

Hmm so great move trading Marshall out of here but hey wait a minute this is the same guy that traded for him. You cant have it both ways. You can talk all the dropped TDs but when both our starters have one td receiving a piece and lets not act like Hartline doesnt drop passesd, in fact the last two years his drop percentage is no better. Marshall is not the reason the bears are ranked so low and without him Im sure they would be worse just as we would be better this season with this offense with Marshall. You say not well how many catches does our third receiver have, in fact we basically have no third receiver. Marshall, Hartline and Bess is a better receiving corp than Bess, Hartline and pure crap. We traded two second round picks for a player always in trouble and made him like the best paid player in the league to a few years later tradinf him for less lol yea great move. So far we have traded Marshall for Michael Egnew and a thrid round pick, what a steal

Yeah he took a shot on him like everyone wanted thats why getting a big name free agent isnt a great Idea he was def worth the risk trying to give Henne some weapons but it didnt work out so he at least got 2 3rds back for him so he wasnt a waste we got 2 1,000 yrds seasons from him and a probowl he wasnt a complete loss at all not even close....In regards to to Egnew give him time hes a rook no other rookie TE is doing **** although he should at least be activated but you cant hate on him just cause he hasnt played I think he suprises alot of people next year...Harbaugh is another coach who rarely plays his rookies just sayin!!

Yeah of course with Marshall this year it would have given Tanny someone to throw to but he doesnt fit into what Mia is trying to do with the west coast offense so we ship him out and get back 2 3rd rd picks and continue to stock pile picks in a rebuilding year to get Tannehill his weapons in a 2013 draft loaded with wr talent or keep us 40 mil under the cap to make a move in FA which I dont think we should do!! Thats called being a smart GM and At the end of the day our record would have been the same with or with out him period dude is not clutch and gets in his own head with a tiny bit of adversity!

Marshall wasn't a fa he traded 2 second round picks for him and traded him for two thirds in his prime. Henne sucked and killed Marshalls production the proof is Marshalls PRE and post Henne years.

Again trade the idiot known as Marshall but have enough common sense to address replacing him. we have the worst group of receivers in the NFL 3-5 and its not even close

Our terrible wr core is ranked 23rd (with a rookie qb might I add and no running game) as opposed to 28th with the Bears and were ranked 26th when he was here?? Dont get me wrong we def need help and need to get a #1 but weve improved without Marshall and got two 3rds back for him?? Please explain how that can be with our garbage wrs??....I can Marshall is and will always be on a losing team cause you cant win by just throwing to one guy the whole time period!! Again getting rid of Marshall was a great move!

Our terrible wr core is ranked 23rd (with a rookie qb might I add and no running game) as opposed to 28th with the Bears and were ranked 26th when he was here?? Dont get me wrong we def need help and need to get a #1 but weve improved without Marshall and got two 3rds back for him?? Please explain how that can be with our garbage wrs??....I can Marshall is and will always be on a losing team cause you cant win by just throwing to one guy the whole time period!! Again getting rid of Marshall was a great move!

We improved because we finally have a qb that can spread the field. do u actually know how many catches our third receiver has, its like 4. So yea behind our starters are pure garbage.
Never trading two seconds for marhsall would have been a great move but trading from him paying him and then trading him for less is not a great move well unless u like getting things and getting less value for them.

Marshall wasn't a fa he traded 2 second round picks for him and traded him for two thirds in his prime. Henne sucked and killed Marshalls production the proof is Marshalls PRE and post Henne years.

Marshall dropped 4 Tds in the first 4 games of 2011 so who fault is that?? Prob 3 of 4 of those games would have had a far diff outcome if he can make those catches they were game changers! Would have def beat Clev and SD he dropped 2 at Hou and we lost by 10 so prob a win there as well. Only good game was NE in that stretch and he couldnt find the end zone!

We improved because we finally have a qb that can spread the field. do u actually know how many catches our third receiver has, its like 4. So yea behind our starters are pure garbage.
Never trading two seconds for marhsall would have been a great move but trading from him paying him and then trading him for less is not a great move well unless u like getting things and getting less value for them.

Yeah in hindsight we should have never of got him but it was worth the risk of two 2nds at the time to get Henne some weapons Marshall just didnt work out and it will never work out anywhere he goes cause you have to force feed him the ball cause hes a baby and you cant win like that....But at least we got two 3rds in ret which is better than having a complete loss. Its Risk reward and of course I dont like getting things for less value but with the circumstance it was a great move that everyone on here loved BTW!! But why keep him if he doesnt fit your system and he would just be a way bigger problem and hes not even clutch anyway hes the qb killer with all his drops then he goes into a tantrum! Or instead trade him because the highest offer was two 3rds for the cry baby so get the most back while you can it was a great move being that nobody was willing to give more for the pro bowl wr hmmmm wonder why?!?! GREAT MOVE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah in hindsight we should have never of got him but it was worth the risk of two 2nds at the time to get Henne some weapons Marshall just didnt work out and it will never work out anywhere he goes cause you have to force feed him the ball cause hes a baby and you cant win like that....But at least we got two 3rds in ret which is better than having a complete loss.

Hmm Egnew and a 3rd so far complete loss

Its still to early to call egnew a waste.

may be early but not being able to be on active roster week after week with our levels of TE doesnt bode well but oh well
Ireland has plenty of other picks to blow next year.

Yea he is active because of injury , I mean we carry three tightends most week and he cant even beat out a scrub to be active. If he wasnt a third round pick they would have cut him already

Eitherway way hes activated so like I said will see even though deep down everyone wants him to be a horrible pick so they can cont to hate on Ireland....Like I said before hes gonna suprise people next year IMO!

Yeah Ireland is 100% way better than everyone makes him out to be and im not saying hes the best GM in the league but I truely think hes on his way give him time the roster is already shaping up and hes set us up with 6 draft picks and 40 mil in cap space oh and got us a franchis QB (thats a big one!) hes finally doing his thing last 2 years.....I actually started a thread a few days ago about this topic and the haters where out in full force ****s funny 95% of this forum gets so emotionally attached that everything he does is bad... Also, your right he has been a hell of alot better with Parcells out of the picture, I would have loved to see what he would have done the 3 out of 5 years hes been here he had to take into acct Parcells opinion and those drafts could have been different for sure!....The whole Ireland thing is just something for people to bitch about.

And for the record please anyone who responds to this in a negative way which I know they will just dont bring up Brandon Marshall that was a great move to get rid of his crying ass our offense is ranked 23rd this year and when Marsha was here it was ranked 26th so wait we improved with out him!!! Huge loss there and weve improved with a rookie at the helm lol!

Yeah he caught some TDs but and he also lead the league in dropped TDs and costed us alot of games....Oh and BTW Bears passing offense is ranked 28th this year his stats are nice but its not helping that team there 8-6 and not that far off from us and that D was playing lights out this year with TOs or theyd be terrible this year. Marshall would never be good here because you need to spread it around to win that why any were he goes they dont win!!! GREAT MOVE SHIPPING HIM OUT OF HERE!!
The thread you started a few days ago was pretty crappy and full of assumptions and misguided facts. I remember you gave Ireland credit for Cam Wake and then later said how Ireland didn't have control til 2010. Well that was interesting due to the fact that we got Wake in 09, so that wasn't even Ireland's doing. Yet you still credit him 100%. I also liked how you said we had "aside from wins-losses, we have a solid roster." That was funny too considering that it's the first time in the history of our team that we've had 4 losing seasons in a row.

Eitherway way hes activated so like I said will see even though deep down everyone wants him to be a horrible pick so they can cont to hate on Ireland....Like I said before hes gonna suprise people next year IMO!

Deep down I doubt many fans want him to be a horrible pick but a third round pick at a position of need that cant even get active most of the year does not bode well on the pick.
He suprised us all this year with how bad he has been. I wanted Orson Charles over this clown

Back
Top Bottom