So I went to patriots practice today...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So I went to patriots practice today......

Brown42000

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
and Laurence Maroney looks amazing so far and he took most of the back reps out of all the running backs and it looked like Corey Dillon had gotten bigger but is slow and didn't hit the hole that fast. Thier kickers looked ok nothing too spectacular,their secondary was constantly getting burned especially Randall Gay, Rodney Harrison didn't do much but what from what I saw his speed will cost the Patriots big time. Bruschi wasn't practicing because of a broken wrist.

I went to all of the first morning practice and about half of the afternoon session and then decided to leave, couldn't really get a good idea of how good the offense was because everybody was in shorts unlike the morning session.

Brown42000 said:
and Laurence Maroney looks amazing so far and he took most of the back reps out of all the running backs and it looked like Corey Dillon had gotten bigger but is slow and didn't hit the hole that fast. Thier kickers looked ok nothing too spectacular,their secondary was constantly getting burned especially Randall Gay, Rodney Harrison didn't do much but what from what I saw his speed will cost the Patriots big time. Bruschi wasn't practicing because of a broken wrist.

Gee Harrison came off the pup list yesterday only 9 1/2 months after major knee reconstruction so its his second practice....I think I'll wait a bit longer to judge his speed for the season. Randall Gay ...ditto 2nd day off of PUP recovering from ankle surgery. Pretty observant of you to able to pick out those two players and see that after 2 practices they aren't up to game speed yet.

Good job Sherlock! :sidelol:

I said the whole secondary didn't look impressive but Harrison and Gay stood out the most and Harrison will miss at least 5 games this season. I also said that Dillon still looks pretty slow and probably will lose his starting job this season.

Harrison always was slow...Maybe he can move to LB ??

?

What are you talking about with Corey Dillon? Reports from much media and fan reports say he has gotten back a lot of speed and has looked great, one of the best suprises in camp so far.

Randall Gay hasnt played in 10 months maybe thats why he got burned. Again the Dillon thing...what are you talking about? He wont lose the starting job. Hes impressed everyone. So has Maroney. Dillon will be #1 back, its a lock.

zeke0123 said:
Harrison always was slow...Maybe he can move to LB ??

He is a hitter though. When Harrison lays the hammer on you....you'll see stars! :D

MR NFLFAN said:
He is a hitter though. When Harrison lays the hammer on you....you'll see stars! :D
well if that blazing 4.7-4.8 speed of his is around 5.0 now... He will be hammering a lot of air.

MR NFLFAN said:

You mean when he takes cheap shots on you? Because thats all he does, dirty *** player

zeke0123 said:
well if that blazing 4.7-4.8 speed of his is around 5.0 now... He will be hammering a lot of air.

Well I think your jumping to a conclusion here. The guy has seen 2 days of practice after a serious knee injury 9-1/2 months ago. Give him some time to fully heal and regain his strength back then we can discuss his speed with some degree of certainty. Like I said I'm not ready at this point to say thats all he's got. Look at Mcgahee and how long it took him to rehab.

MR NFLFAN said:
Well I think your jumping to a conclusion here. The guy has seen 2 days of practice after a serious knee injury 9-1/2 months ago. Give him some time to fully heal and regain his strength back then we can discuss his speed with some degree of certainty. Like I said I'm not ready at this point to say thats all he's got. Look at Mcgahee and how long it took him to rehab.

The thing is when you come back from a knee injury it isnt your straight line speed that suffers so much, its your lateral mobility, couple that with the fact that the guy is what 75 years old? :lol: And he never had great speed to begin with......IMO his best days are behind him, and it has nothing to do with me being biased because he is a Patriot, its just how I feel when I look at the situation

Alex44 said:
You mean when he takes cheap shots on you? Because thats all he does, dirty *** player

Alex hows it going little buddy?

Harrison just plays intense football and I know you'd love to see him in a dolphins uniform. :wink:

Alex44 said:
The thing is when you come back from a knee injury it isnt your straight line speed that suffers so much, its your lateral mobility, couple that with the fact that the guy is what 75 years old? :lol: And he never had great speed to begin with......IMO his best days are behind him, and it has nothing to do with me being biased because he is a Patriot, its just how I feel when I look at the situation

Well only time will tell now won't it. He's what 4yrs older than Daunte so that would make Daunte like 71 yrs old :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom