So I went to patriots practice today...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So I went to patriots practice today......

ThePats said:
Cheap? They were legal. I remember Reggie Wayne leapt up to catch a pass that sailed over his head and Eugene Wilson decked him. Supposedly thats cheap but its roughing up the reciever. Maybe some recievers are just sissies and cant take hits. Either way Harrison has taken advantage of his "cheap hits" and now some recievers are afraid to catch the ball near him.

Im not talking about the Colts game, grow a brain and come back

Alex44 said:
I dont care if the reciever has the ball, Ive taken my share of those shots playing football and they dont bother me. Its the hits on a 'defenseless' WR who isnt going to catch the ball and you level him, or helmet to helmet hits where you launch your head at the guy. THOSE are cheap hits

Remember leading with the head/helmet is illegal. Those are cheap shots and also they are illegal shots. I honestly can't remember the last time Harrison was called for one though. As far as hitting a receiver who isn't going to catch the ball I think its easier to tell he isn't going to catch the ball from the stands than it is on the field in a lot of cases. I do think although that is the intimidation factor that most SS want to put into a slot receivers head and it is quite effective. Anyway I respect your opinion Alex and like I said I always felt Ronnie Lott was a cheap shot artist too.

ThePats said:
You obviously do not live in New England if you think the media here says the Pats will win, they are incredibly negative of the Pats, especially the Boston Globe and Boston Herald, the two biggest Newspapers in Massachusetts. He doesnt have to be the best in the league when hes in his 30's and after tearing 3 ACL Ligaments, his entire career he is one of the top 10 safeties of all time. But ofcourse you're completely biased and ignorantly deny it.

I dont know if you've ever read these peoples articles or seen them on TV but perhaps Ron Borges, Michael Felger, John Tomase. All the top Patriots sports writers and all of them HATE the Patriots.

I live in Providence and all the media around here say nothing but positive things about the Pats no matter what the situation is.

Brown42000 said:
I live in Providence and all the media around here say nothing but positive things about the Pats no matter what the situation is.
The media has also stated that Elvis is still alive.

MR NFLFAN said:
He is a hitter though. When Harrison lays the hammer on you....you'll see stars! :D

hes a real dirty player.cheap hits

Ya sure Dillon looked slow and lousy? He looked great, all his runs were +6 yards and he'll be pounding out first downs a lot. You were right about Maroney but they both played excellent.

Back
Top Bottom