So Much For The SEC Vs. Big 10 Debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Much For The SEC Vs. Big 10 Debate

GeeWhiz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So far this bowl season it appears that the media has once again overestimated the strength of the SEC conference in comparison to the Big 10.

So far the Big 10 is 2-0 vs the SEC and soon to be 3-0 in all likelihood, as Ohio State overpowers Florida in almost every category.

All in all, both conferences have been far from impressive overall.
#1 Big Ten - Ohio State VS. #1 SEC Florida - ???
#3 Big Ten - Wisconsin VS. #3 SEC Arkansas - Wisconsin
#4 Big Ten - Penn State VS. #4 SEC Tennessee - Penn State (Penn State unranked)

Just goes to show all that the "Speed of the SEC" is about as proven as the Lockness Monster. And Monday's game with Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman, and Smith will showcase the speed of the Big Ten over powering the "speed" of the SEC.

So far this bowl season it appears that the media has once again overestimated the strength of the SEC conference in comparison to the Big 10.

So far the Big 10 is 2-0 vs the SEC and soon to be 3-0 in all likelihood, as Ohio State overpowers Florida in almost every category.

Just goes to show all that the "Speed of the SEC" is about as proven as the Lockness Monster. And Monday's game with Ginn, Gonzo, Pittman, and Smith will showcase the speed of the Big Ten over powering the "speed" of the SEC.

Was it Arkansas or Auburn that was SEC #3?
What are the overall bowl records?
SEC has been pretty impressive, to me.
How can that debate be over with the national championship left?!?!?:sidelol:

Arkansas was #2 overall in the SEC. And I think LSU could beat Michigan, then again I think they could beat OSU too. As for the 2 bowls so far, I was glad to see PSU play Tennessee, and no Auburn, as I thought PSU matched up much better against the Vols. I think the Tigers would have beat PSU, just like they did a few years ago in the Outback bowl. The Vols might have even beat PSU, had that not fumbled inside the 20, and if Morrelli hadn't played his best game all year. The actual game was closer than what I think the 20-10 score shows anyways.

And Arkansas vs Wisconsin was only like a 3 point game. I don't know what the line in Vegas was, but it sure seems like a good match-up to me, and not an overestimation by the media, since everyone I saw said it'd be a close game.

I still say top to bottom SEC is better. I'd like to see what would happen if Illinois played Kentucky, or Minnesota played South Carolina. How about Georgia vs Purdue? Illinois vs. Alabama? I think I'd take the SEC in all those matchups, except I might take Illinois.

Looks like someone missed the Sugar Bowl. Talk about speed.

LSU was overall SEC #2. They defeated Arkansas and Arkansas had 3 losses entering the bowl game (2 in conference and 1 to USC).
I wouldn't say the loser of the Champ. Game is necessarily #2.

Welcome back DBoston or OSUDauby :rolleyes2

Looks like someone missed the Sugar Bowl. Talk about speed.

No, I watched the Sugar Bowl...my Grandmother appears to have blazing speed when she races any of the Fighting Irish.

No, I watched the Sugar Bowl...my Grandmother appears to have blazing speed when she races any of the Fighting Irish.

hahaha. I would be willing to bet every Irish team member under 250lbs could beat you in a race, probably even some who weigh more than that.

hahaha. I would be willing to bet every Irish team member under 250lbs could beat you in a race, probably even some who weigh more than that.

I would LOVE to take that bet with you. I was a college D1 Track and Cross country athlete. All American, Junior Olympian, 4x All State in H.S., etc...

I would LOVE to take that bet with you. I was a college D1 Track and Cross country athlete. All American, Junior Olympian, 4x All State in H.S., etc...

Ok, simply prove your name, school, graduation year. It would be easy to verify all of that info if you were all that you say you are.

Oh yeah, I was All American division 1-A alcoholic...Top in beer pong...master in flip cup...undefeated in quarters...Now that's skill

So if OSU beats Fla, say 30-17 who is #2?

Back
Top Bottom