So we traded Brandon Marshall for the 60th best rated player in the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So we traded Brandon Marshall for the 60th best rated player in the draft?

dolphans1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Not counting next year, but this year, does Marshall's trade command the Bears 60th-80th overall pick in the 3rd round?

I'm not sure where the Bears fall overall in the 3rd, but who would you take with that pick, and what are his chances of contributing to the Dolphins this season?

d-1

We traded him to:

1.Clear Cap Space

2.Avoid a suspended player stuck on the team without getting anything out of him.

We get the 3rd round pick plus the savings in cap money that signed Solai. So Solai and 3rd round pick this year and next year is better then Marshall.

We traded him to:

1.Clear Cap Space

2.Avoid a suspended player stuck on the team without getting anything out of him.

I'm sorry but even if Marshall is suspended 6 games that's no reason to give him away for peanuts.

They couldn't even muster a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year?

We traded him for two picks......... you then use the picks to your liking. A pick doesnt always equal a player. It's just a chip of certain value, right ?

Sure, what you do with the picks, and how well it pays off is all that matters..... this trade consists of getting picks for a player. Using the picks is a seperate transaction.

Theres a lot of ways to twist it. For example..... we traded two 2nds for Marshall, got two 1,000 yard seasons out of him, and than sold him for two 3rd rounders just before the transmission crapped out. Talk about a steal there. Also consider how the value of picks has gone up since then, with the new CBA. I could keep going.

1. We could potentially find a starter quality WR with that 3rd round pick.

2. Good chance Marshall sits out part of 2012 as well.

3. Philbin/New QB get to avoid the troubles of a diva WR.

4. Saved $5 million towards the cap this year and $10 million the next two and were able to resign Soliai.

Just a few reason why Marshall was traded.

I'm sorry but even if Marshall is suspended 6 games that's no reason to give him away for peanuts.

Didn't say I agreed with it, just said the reasons why Miami made the trade.

He's not worth that.

We're lucky to have anyone who was willing to deal for him. Cutler probably rammed this deal thru.

People think that draft picks are useless and other teams just hand draft picks away. Draft picks are incredibly valuable. Much more valuable than some head case receiver. They're not that valuable to us because we don't know what we're doing in the draft anyway. We play it safe in the first round and then go diarrhea in our pants the rest of the way asking, "What's that smell?" But if you're smart and know how to evaluate college talent, you can actually build a Super Bowl contending team in the draft.

It's true. I've actually seen it done a few times before.

Didn't say I agreed with it, just said the reasons why Miami made the trade.

I wasn't meaning to sound like I was pointing the finger. Didn't mean to sound that way.

I understand the reasonings for trading him and the cap space is huge, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that we couldn't muster up anything more, even if it was only a bit more then we got. I know the team getting Beast Beach had to eat that big contract but C'MON IRELAND!

I wasn't meaning to sound like I was pointing the finger. Didn't mean to sound that way.

I understand the reasonings for trading him and the cap space is huge, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that we couldn't muster up anything more, even if it was only a bit more then we got. I know the team getting Beast Beach had to eat that big contract but C'MON IRELAND!

I think it's gonna turn out to be a brilliant move on Ireland's part. If Marshall has to sit out a significant portion of the season, then he's another year older and he hasn't played in a full season. He'd have to adjust to the speed of the game once again. It won't take him half a season to do so but they'll be a few games early where he struggles.

Brandon Marshall was apparently the 119th best rated player in his draft.

if you use the point system and depending on where the Bears end up picking next year, the value is equal a mid-second round pick. not to mention the $6 million in cap space allowing them to resign Soliai and the general headache relief

Back
Top Bottom