So we traded Brandon Marshall for the 60th best rated player in the draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So we traded Brandon Marshall for the 60th best rated player in the draft?

If Oregon's LaMichael James were to drop to the third round, and be there with the pick we got for Marshall, that's who I would go after. We don't have much speed on offense, and L. James would give us a guy who can take it to the end zone on a run or pass. He's not that tallest/biggest guy around but he can be used in many different ways, running/catching passes/returning punts/kicks. The Patriots always find ways to use little guys like Welker/Edelman/Woodhead.....we need a guy like this.

I wasn't meaning to sound like I was pointing the finger. Didn't mean to sound that way.

I understand the reasonings for trading him and the cap space is huge, but I can't wrap my head around the fact that we couldn't muster up anything more, even if it was only a bit more then we got. I know the team getting Beast Beach had to eat that big contract but C'MON IRELAND!

I didn't think of it that way, no worries.

I'm hoping we just don't blow our picks we got for him, I have a feeling we'll draft a receiver to try to draft him and he just won't pan out.

well, considering jeff ireland has been in charge of the draft for exactly one draft (2011), and we had no 2nd round pick (the marshall trade), he traded back into the 2nd from the 3rd and drafted daniel thomas. don't put any failed 2nd or 3rd rounders for this franchise from prior to 2011 on him.

for crying out loud. the stupidity is just beyond imagination.

Back
Top Bottom