So who's attending WrestleMania in Sun Life? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who's attending WrestleMania in Sun Life?

2012: The year a 19-0 winning streak makes it to Sun Life Stadium ....

... just a shame its 'takers WM streak and not the fins :chuckle:

interesting but personally IMO there's more unresolved suspense in anticipating ways the zebras can come up with to tilt games in Robert Kraft's direction.

I'll be there! It was a childhood dream to attend one of these shows. Why not make it the biggest show they've got with my childhood favorite The Rock. (And on Monday I'm off to the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert OH YEAH!)

But really, how is this going to bring "millions" to the local economy? If anything, i expect this to suck money out from the people that go to it.

Pretty simple, this event is bringing in people from every state in the country and all over the world to Miami. There is a week-long series of events in the area leading up to it (press conference, fan conventions, WWE Hall of Fame), all the people attending have to stay in hotels, rent cars, eat at restaurants, and if they are traveling from other states or countries probably also buying souvenirs, visiting Miami attractions, etc. etc. When it's said and done, you've got somewhere around 80,000 all spending at the minimum probably a few hundred dollars each (if not far more) directly on local Miami business.

2012: The year a 19-0 winning streak makes it to Sun Life Stadium ....

... just a shame its 'takers WM streak and not the fins :chuckle:

That same thought crossed my mind as well, we all share the pain!

If it goes off great there will be more Wrestlemania's in the future, and so far everyone associated with WWE is having a blast in Miami and the show hasn't even started. This is very good for the City of Miami.

If I want to go to Sun Life to see some fake athletic event where the outcome is a foregone conclusion, I'll just go watch the Dolphins play.

I will be in the house one of the MILLIONS of Rock's fan YEAH BUDDY!!!!

It's amazing to me how any Dolphins fan can think something where the main event is a University of Miami star alum (the Rock) bringing 80,000 fans to our stadium (and millions of $ to the Miami local economy) is a bad thing, when the Dolphins are usually hard pressed to get 20,000 fans on any given Sunday, with more than half of those being for the opposing team usually. I think this is a great thing for us, especially given that we won't be hosting anymore Super Bowls for the time being.

Yeah. The Dolphins home crowd is only 18,000 each game with 10,000 of them being the opponent's fans. Completely 100% accurate.

Back
Top Bottom