so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft...

Trent Richardson reminds me a lot of Jonathan Stewart. They're both phenomenal size/speed guys who lack somewhat in the vision department but can move piles and shatter people with their power. Richardson I think is overall the stronger and more laterally explosive back, but they're pretty similar. Richardson does not really compare to AP, who is superior in every way with the ball in his hands in my opinion. Richardson is, however, a much better blocker and shows better recognition in blitz pickup than AP, and will probably be a better pass receiver, too. Quarterbacks will love the guy.

To me, though, the most important thing is vision. It leads to more explosive plays and generally I think leads to a longer life span for the player. It's why I would rather have DeAngelo Williams than Stewart if I was Carolina and why I still think Mark Ingram will end up a better player in the long run than Richardson. But to each his own.

As for Tannehill, all the signs are pointed his way but I can't shake the feeling that it's all too obvious. Ireland is a guy who's obsessed with his arbitrary notions of value and strikes me as the kind of guy who would pass up Tannehill in the 1st to take Cousins in the 2nd and declare the position solved. All the interest and visits and the like would be him just riding the waves of connections and needs so he can pick Claiborne (in the unlikely event he falls) or Keuchly in the 1st. I can just see him leaning back in his chair, patting himself on the back for fooling the entire league. Meanwhile we're stuck with Kirk Cousins as our developmental guy until he finally busts out three years from now and then and only then is Ireland exiled to Fireland.

THAT seems much more in character to me than dead eyeing a quarterback who's considered (by some) a reach this far out and then actually pulling the trigger on draft day. I have a hard time swallowing it.

bingo...imo mark ingram had much better vision at bama than t rich has shown...but what is gonna help t rich in the pros get those 20 plus yard runs etc in addition to his rediculous power is that top end speed he has..which is better than ingrams but not ap level...i see why people think t rich is a superior talent and prospect to ingram who is caught in a system that splits carries 3 ways and runs to pass but ingrams vision was far superior to any prospect in the draft this or last year

I dont understand why ppl are questioning richardsons vision, his vision in my opinion is phenominal and his althletism is even better. He is the closest thing to an ap type talent and we should never pass up on a player like this if he falls to us, i can almost guarantee richardson does not pass tampa bay unless they choose to go with claiborne instead.

People are questioning his vision because they don't particularly like his vision. You're free to disagree with that evaluation but there's nothing mystifying about it.

What's "risen dramatically" is his hype. Do you really think that NFL GMs are influenced by reports from the media that Team X is trying to move up to get Player A or that Team Y is "very interested" in Player B? None of these reports come from the teams themselves or from anybody even remotely associated with any of the teams. They always come from "sources", probably any number of which are simply shills paid by player agents to inflate their client's publicity.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

If you think it's just "hype" that Tannehill will be gone in the first round then you obviously weren't watching as Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert were selected in the first round last year. This is a quarterback driven league. Every team that doesn't have a franchise qb will do what it takes to get one, whether Armchair GMs on internet forums think it's a reach or not. What you and MarshallFin1 think of Tannehill is irrelevant in relation to my post. I merely stated what I believe to be fact in response to MarshallFin saying that our interest in him was as a Later Round prospect. He's the third ranked qb in this draft after Luck and RGIII. He won't make it to Round 2 so if the Fins really want him they'll have to pull the trigger at #8. I'd love to have Luck too, but it didn't happen that way unfortunately.

One area where richardson beats AP. Richardson only fumbled once in his whole college career. I think both are equivalent.
Both Tough as they come. AP may be better at breakaway runs. Both break tackles. Richardson will be better receiver and blocker.

From reading in this forum, now i'm not sure if it's Tannyhill, Tannehilllls, Tanthishilll, Trannyhill or Tannehill.
:idk: :loco:

(J/K)

From reading in this forum, now i'm not sure if it's Tannyhill, Tannehilllls, Tanthishilll, Trannyhill or Tannehill.
:idk: :loco:

(J/K)

yeah. most dolphin fans here are a total joke.

For years most of them named Langford, Lankford. And for years up to this day most of them call Tony McDaniel, McDaniels

I always found it funny that it was always the Sparano nut huggers and the clueless ones about the team (the blind and ignorant pom pom cheerleader types) who made such errors all the time.

Well said.
Either Tannehill can be a franchise quarterback or not. If he is, then he is worth taking at 16, 8, 3, whatever. If he isnt, why should we draft him at all?

And you know if he is how? Obviously you pay whatever for a franchise QB and nothing for a bust, but nobody knows which guy will be which. So where you pick him depends on how strongly you feel about his chances. Sure, the market also goes into this: if QBs are overdrafted, you gotta pick them higher if you want them. That doesn't mean you can't try to pick your spot, though. You gotta be smart and not over-overdraft a guy if you can help it.

yeah. most dolphin fans here are a total joke.

For years most of them named Langford, Lankford. And for years up to this day most of them call Tony McDaniel, McDaniels

I always found it funny that it was always the Sparano nut huggers and the clueless ones about the team (the blind and ignorant pom pom cheerleader types) who made such errors all the time.

...and that's what you call being an arrogant sob, kids.

After watching some highlights of him playing for a&m. I really don't want this kid.

After watching some highlights of him playing for a&m. I really don't want this kid.

your not alone. When aaron rodgers declared for the draft you knew what you were gettin if u got him, a rare talent that needed to be groomed for years before taking over. With tannenhill i think he is no different than henne-moore-guarard, i just dont see that upgrade that we are looking for in him. I see it in weeden but weeden is very old to be taken in the 1st round. I'd go with richardson/claiborne and take a sure elite talent.

your not alone. When aaron rodgers declared for the draft you knew what you were gettin if u got him, a rare talent that needed to be groomed for years before taking over. With tannenhill i think he is no different than henne-moore-guarard, i just dont see that upgrade that we are looking for in him. I see it in weeden but weeden is very old to be taken in the 1st round. I'd go with richardson/claiborne and take a sure elite talent.

not entirely true on Rodgers. Yeah he was REALLY good in college, but he had a few weaknesses. The biggest one that he was very mechanical. I'm pretty sure some within the Packers organization have talked about changes they really had to drill into his head.

I just wanna go on record as saying I don't want anything to do with Tannehill at #8. We need a stud that can start right away at that pick, not a project who played WR and started 19 games. This guy has GABBERT written all over him IMHO.

The "winner" stuff on Ryan Tannehill is so stupid. How quickly he goes from being a guy that "just wins" in 2010 (6-1 record) to being a guy that "chokes" in 2011. D55 put it best, we're talking 38 points per game given up by the defense in those losses.

Oklahoma State is touted as a shining example of Tannehill choking but I only really found 2 or 3 bad throws in there that resulted in drives that ended prematurely in the second half. One he was just wide on a crossing route on 3rd down, so they couldn't keep going for the TD. Another was a bad interception. Texas A&M had called a certain play one too many times, giving the Cowboys defense enough of a look at it to change the way they defended it, Tannehill didn't anticipate the blitz and made a panicked decision. Picked off by a DB that cheated on his coverage responsibility because he'd seen the play three times already and knew Ryan would quickly check off the flat route. Third iffy throw was toward the end, catchable but not great ball placement and Jeff Fuller pops it up for an interception.

Other than that you've got an entire team letdown. Dropped balls. Fuller falls down on an anticipation route, resulting in an interception. Another guy catches the ball then fumbles it during his run after the catch. Penalties. Meanwhile Brandon Weeden gets going and starts coming on the defense like a freight train, which he did pretty often in 2010 and 2011.

I keep hearing that Tannehill is so "raw". I don't see it. That's not what I see when I watch him on tape. Jake Locker was "raw". In many ways, Robert Griffin is "raw". Ryan Tannehill looks pretty polished if you ask me. I just see a pretty good player playing pretty good football and every now and then forcing a ball he shouldn't.

CK:

I've watched tape of both Weeden and Tannehill. Weeden will be a much better NFL QB, mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom