so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft...

i disagree with no one thought ap would be that good...that dude was a monster at oklahoma the concerns for him was his upright running style and that garbage collar bone that people thought could have him miss his rookie season...no doubt in my mind at least that ap was a better prospect than t rich but t rich is probably the best size speed power back to come along since then...dudes a monster

i seriously suggest u check richardson highlights, he has all the traits ap had except ap was a bit faster but apart from that richardson could even be better.

I will be pretty pissed if we give up a lot to move up and draft Tannehill, because why didnt we do that for RG3?

i seriously suggest u check richardson highlights, he has all the traits ap had except ap was a bit faster but apart from that richardson could even be better.

i've watched t rich and bama long enough to be comfortable with my evaluation of him as a player...just as i was comfortable saying early in this eval process that upshaw lacks the length initial burst off the ball and pass rush tools to warrant a top 10 pick when everyone was on here talkin him up as a top 10 worthy pick...

Where you draft a guy is all about market valuation. Whether you draft a guy is all about whether he's the right player for you.

People get way too carried away with this notion of "I'd draft him at #16...but #8 is a reach..."

That's not a productive way to think about the Draft.

Where you draft a guy is all about market valuation. Whether you draft a guy is all about whether he's the right player for you.

People get way too carried away with this notion of "I'd draft him at #16...but #8 is a reach..."

My feeling is there is no such thing as a reach on a franchise QB. If Philbin, Ireland, and Sherman thinks this guy is a franchise QB for the next 10+ years then you draft him no matter what spot. If he's a bust they all should be fired.

Unfortunately, I don't think our GM agrees with you. If he plays it straight, we should be good--one way or the other. If he tries to get cute, all bets are off.

Well said.
Either Tannehill can be a franchise quarterback or not. If he is, then he is worth taking at 16, 8, 3, whatever. If he isnt, why should we draft him at all?

Well said.
Either Tannehill can be a franchise quarterback or not. If he is, then he is worth taking at 16, 8, 3, whatever. If he isnt, why should we draft him at all?

Amen. I love what the Redskins did... to them there were two studs at QB in the draft and said 'come hell or high water we're getting one. Enough of the BS.' I hope it works out for them.

Amen. I love what the Redskins did... to them there were two studs at QB in the draft and said 'come hell or high water we're getting one. Enough of the BS.' I hope it works out for them.

Except when they play us :)

Trent Richardson reminds me a lot of Jonathan Stewart. They're both phenomenal size/speed guys who lack somewhat in the vision department but can move piles and shatter people with their power. Richardson I think is overall the stronger and more laterally explosive back, but they're pretty similar. Richardson does not really compare to AP, who is superior in every way with the ball in his hands in my opinion. Richardson is, however, a much better blocker and shows better recognition in blitz pickup than AP, and will probably be a better pass receiver, too. Quarterbacks will love the guy.

To me, though, the most important thing is vision. It leads to more explosive plays and generally I think leads to a longer life span for the player. It's why I would rather have DeAngelo Williams than Stewart if I was Carolina and why I still think Mark Ingram will end up a better player in the long run than Richardson. But to each his own.

As for Tannehill, all the signs are pointed his way but I can't shake the feeling that it's all too obvious. Ireland is a guy who's obsessed with his arbitrary notions of value and strikes me as the kind of guy who would pass up Tannehill in the 1st to take Cousins in the 2nd and declare the position solved. All the interest and visits and the like would be him just riding the waves of connections and needs so he can pick Claiborne (in the unlikely event he falls) or Keuchly in the 1st. I can just see him leaning back in his chair, patting himself on the back for fooling the entire league. Meanwhile we're stuck with Kirk Cousins as our developmental guy until he finally busts out three years from now and then and only then is Ireland exiled to Fireland.

THAT seems much more in character to me than dead eyeing a quarterback who's considered (by some) a reach this far out and then actually pulling the trigger on draft day. I have a hard time swallowing it.

i disagree, why draft him at #8 when u can draft him in the 2nd round and get something much better in the 1st. If someone else takes him weeden is still there in the 2nd.

i disagree, why draft him at #8 when u can draft him in the 2nd round and get something much better in the 1st. If someone else takes him weeden is still there in the 2nd.

1. I didn't say anything about Brandon Weeden.

2. You're kind of missing the part about "market valuation". You pay what the market dictates. If you believe the market is dictating 2nd round on Brandon Weeden, and you've decided he's the RIGHT guy for your football team, then you take Weeden right above what the market is willing to give for him.

Trent Richardson reminds me a lot of Jonathan Stewart. They're both phenomenal size/speed guys who lack somewhat in the vision department but can move piles and shatter people with their power. Richardson I think is overall the stronger and more laterally explosive back, but they're pretty similar. Richardson does not really compare to AP, who is superior in every way with the ball in his hands in my opinion. Richardson is, however, a much better blocker and shows better recognition in blitz pickup than AP, and will probably be a better pass receiver, too. Quarterbacks will love the guy.

To me, though, the most important thing is vision. It leads to more explosive plays and generally I think leads to a longer life span for the player. It's why I would rather have DeAngelo Williams than Stewart if I was Carolina and why I still think Mark Ingram will end up a better player in the long run than Richardson. But to each his own.

As for Tannehill, all the signs are pointed his way but I can't shake the feeling that it's all too obvious. Ireland is a guy who's obsessed with his arbitrary notions of value and strikes me as the kind of guy who would pass up Tannehill in the 1st to take Cousins in the 2nd and declare the position solved. All the interest and visits and the like would be him just riding the waves of connections and needs so he can pick Claiborne (in the unlikely event he falls) or Keuchly in the 1st. I can just see him leaning back in his chair, patting himself on the back for fooling the entire league. Meanwhile we're stuck with Kirk Cousins as our developmental guy until he finally busts out three years from now and then and only then is Ireland exiled to Fireland.

THAT seems much more in character to me than dead eyeing a quarterback who's considered (by some) a reach this far out and then actually pulling the trigger on draft day. I have a hard time swallowing it.

I dont understand why ppl are questioning richardsons vision, his vision in my opinion is phenominal and his althletism is even better. He is the closest thing to an ap type talent and we should never pass up on a player like this if he falls to us, i can almost guarantee richardson does not pass tampa bay unless they choose to go with claiborne instead.

Sigh...I'm really bent on Moore :/ If he comes out the gate rocking and gets us to the playoffs...and we draft Tanny at 8, what would you do if you were Philbin?! You can't just give up on a QB you drafted 8 and you can't just throw out a QB that has the teams back?!

Back
Top Bottom