Soliai looking forward to facing Mawae | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Soliai looking forward to facing Mawae

2009_10_sanchhd-1.jpg

Little Nicky anchored an OL that was melting through your swiss cheese D, we didn't lose b/c of the O.

Always an excuse....

from a "wet field" (supposedly nefariously plotted out by Don Shula) derailing the Richard Todd *snicker* express....

to "an OL that was melting through your swiss cheese D" but Ted Ginn Jr. running free through the "best special teams coach in the league's" kick return coverage derailing the Von Ryan express this season....

the most appealing feature of having a Pet Jet fan, is the peals of laughter they supply through their fantastic rationalizations.

Always an excuse....

from a "wet field" (supposedly nefariously plotted out by Don Shula) derailing the Richard Todd *snicker* express....

to "an OL that was melting through your swiss cheese D" but Ted Ginn Jr. running free through the "best special teams coach in the league's" kick return coverage derailing the Von Ryan express this season....

the most appealing feature of having a Pet Jet fan, is the peals of laughter they supply through their fantastic rationalizations.

Where is there an excuse?

It was cheating not having a tarp in the '82 Title game BUT we both played on the same field and that's not why we lost- a fumble that gastineau recovered that they gave back to you guys on your only offensive TD drive hurt us alot more than the lack of tarp.

It was cheating not having a tarp in the '82 Title game BUT we both played on the same field and that's not why we lost- a fumble that gastineau recovered that they gave back to you guys on your only offensive TD drive hurt us alot more than the lack of tarp.

:lol2: :rolleyes2: Wow!!

That doesn't explain how the Dolphins won all three games that year: the opener at Shea 45-28, the December rematch in Miami 20-19 and the title game.

The one time I was motivated to call Chris Russo on WFAN years ago is when he was going on and on about the tarp (it was slow that Saturday late morning.) Like you, I reminded him that both teams played on the same field and that the Dolphins had beaten the Jets twice that year in ideal conditions.

Michael

Mawae has a history of playing well and winning against the Dolphins- hopefully that continues this week.

Yeah, about 10 yrs ago. Honestly, until this week I didn't even realize he was still in the league.
He was cut several yr ago, because he wasn't the same player.
With his back problems and aging joints, he's going to have his work cut out for him trying to block a 355 lb mammoth

:lol2: :rolleyes2: Wow!!

Obviously you didn't see the game.

That doesn't explain how the Dolphins won all three games that year: the opener at Shea 45-28, the December rematch in Miami 20-19 and the title game.

The one time I was motivated to call Chris Russo on WFAN years ago is when he was going on and on about the tarp (it was slow that Saturday late morning.) Like you, I reminded him that both teams played on the same field and that the Dolphins had beaten the Jets twice that year in ideal conditions.

Michael

I have never used the tarp as the excuse and I brought up that point about beating us twice in the reg season in different arguments as well. I think Shula did it for a reason but the 2 teams played on the same field and we lost. Again, the blown call on the fumble hurt us alot more than the conditions.

Yeah, about 10 yrs ago. Honestly, until this week I didn't even realize he was still in the league.
He was cut several yr ago, because he wasn't the same player.
With his back problems and aging joints, he's going to have his work cut out for him trying to block a 355 lb mammoth

Actually he was cut for cap reasons and b/c he was a leader and the new staff wanted to clean house a bit. He's been playing well in Tem since he left, I'm sure he's not the same player but he's still a quality player.

Actually he was cut for cap reasons and b/c he was a leader and the new staff wanted to clean house a bit. He's been playing well in Tem since he left, I'm sure he's not the same player but he's still a quality player.

i don't think he has lost much, if anything at all. it's no coincidence Tennesse has been running wild ever since Mawae signed with them.

The Dolphins did a good job against Chris Johnson in the running game.. He was held to under 4 yards per carry.

he had no rushes beyond 12 or 13 yards.

If people here were told the Dolphins would hold the NFL's best rusher to under 4 YPC before the game, everyone would have been ecstatic.

Well the screen is like a run, so that is statistics at its finest. We still managed to do a good job . . . better than most teams this season.

Well the screen is like a run, so that is statistics at its finest. We still managed to do a good job . . . better than most teams this season.

The screen is not a run, it's a pass... That's why the dolphins blitzed in that situation, expecting a pass there. And there is a reason why CJ is the leading receiver on their team.. he has more receptions than anyone else on their roster.

The run defense was good.. Our LB's stink in pass coverage and diagnosing things in passing situations. we all know that already.

Back
Top Bottom