Some Bold Predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Bold Predictions

Csonkanator said:
yeah i live in SC and all i see is stuff on the Panthers, they think they are "gods" down here...but that sounds good to me, that would make for a good SB...
Yeah I go watch them once a year during the Phins bye weeks or a primetime game depending. I could never pull for Car over Miami but I pull for them over everyone else.

G-Force said:
Yeah I go watch them once a year during the Phins bye weeks or a primetime game depending. I could never pull for Car over Miami but I pull for them over everyone else.

yeah they're not a bad team...i don't demonize them like i do for everyone else....but if C.Pep is healthy, then they can't beat us....hopefully:cooldude:

Csonkanator said:
yeah they're not a bad team...i don't demonize them like i do for everyone else....but if C.Pep is healthy, then they can't beat us....hopefully:cooldude:
They never have. Delhomme makes stupid decisions in key situations like he did against us last year but he isn't as bad for that as Feidler was. With Davis gone their is alot of talk about Lindelle White who I think would be perfect with Deshaun but I like our chances.

A Bears/Dolphins SB! I couldn't believe it either until I was finished with the scheduled games.... But that's just my opinion....Enjoy...

LOL @ You not being able to believe it. Roflmao!!! You wrote it.
But I strongly agree with your prediction.

My Bold prediction

The Steelers miss the playoffs

The Bengals lose Carson for enough time to cost them the divison

and

The Cleveland Browns walk away with the divison title

My semi-bold Dolphins prediction.......

Booker and Chambers both go over 1000 yards recieving, and Ronnie goes over a 1000 rushing

Curiously there are a few posts in the thread that have the Pats 9-7 at best. While having lost some players whose "cornerstone" presence the overhyped media would have most believe will be their downfall, they still have quite a bit of talent on the team; and some pretty decent money to work with on draft day and during camp.

As it appears their schedule is not too far differing than the Dolphins....what makes you think they are only 9-7 at best?

I personally predict the AFCE will be a true battle of wits and wills this year between Miami and NE, and I am really looking forward to the matchups. And being a Pats fan I of course expect and want them to come out on top......but I am certainly not foolish enough to believe it's a given.

But I would like a solid response to my question above. Why are the Pats a 9-7 at best this year?

Ayuh said:
Curiously there are a few posts in the thread that have the Pats 9-7 at best. While having lost some players whose "cornerstone" presence the overhyped media would have most believe will be their downfall, they still have quite a bit of talent on the team; and some pretty decent money to work with on draft day and during camp.

As it appears their schedule is not too far differing than the Dolphins....what makes you think they are only 9-7 at best?

I personally predict the AFCE will be a true battle of wits and wills this year between Miami and NE, and I am really looking forward to the matchups. And being a Pats fan I of course expect and want them to come out on top......but I am certainly not foolish enough to believe it's a given.

But I would like a solid response to my question above. Why are the Pats a 9-7 at best this year?
I would have to say because we always beat the Pats at least once a year no matter how bad we was. Take the 4-12 season for example. The Pats have been beneficiaries of controversial calls during their little reign and as you seen last year they are getting less calls and made up rules which led to more loses. I would have to say 9-7 because the NFL can't afford to baby the punks no more because football fans are tired of it and are starting to think the NFL takes us as ignorant people that can't catch on to what they did.

G-Force said:
I would have to say because we always beat the Pats at least once a year no matter how bad we was. Take the 4-12 season for example. The Pats have been beneficiaries of controversial calls during their little reign and as you seen last year they are getting less calls and made up rules which led to more loses. I would have to say 9-7 because the NFL can't afford to baby the punks no more because football fans are tired of it and are starting to think the NFL takes us as ignorant people that can't catch on to what they did.

Well, I was hoping for a response with a little more depth to it.

I will agree with you to the extent that calls in games go both ways for every team in the league and can occur at crucial moments. But I would probably attribute the losses to varying factors such as lack of ground game production, a depleted defensive backfield, and a change of character somewhat with having lost Weiss and Crennel from the prior year.

And yes, as of late the Fins and Pats have been splitting their matchups. Matter of fact I have noticed that the Dolphins seem to create some bad things for Brady...always seems to perform poorly against them.

But you have to admit your answer sucked big time. Made for good Homerism, but poor football insight.

Ayuh said:
Well, I was hoping for a response with a little more depth to it.

I will agree with you to the extent that calls in games go both ways for every team in the league and can occur at crucial moments. But I would probably attribute the losses to varying factors such as lack of ground game production, a depleted defensive backfield, and a change of character somewhat with having lost Weiss and Crennel from the prior year.

And yes, as of late the Fins and Pats have been splitting their matchups. Matter of fact I have noticed that the Dolphins seem to create some bad things for Brady...always seems to perform poorly against them.

But you have to admit your answer sucked big time. Made for good Homerism, but poor football insight.
I disagree because I have never seen anyone get more controversial calls and new rules than them. As far as their team they have lost key players and your right we always give brokeback Brady fits. Dillion is getting old and their secondary is young and the new changes in rules for db's IMO will effect them. Homerism has nothing to do with it. How many other teams have you seen be allowed to bring a snowplow on the feild in a playoff game and clear a spot for their kicker? How about how many tuck rules was called before the AFC championship game? Homerism maybe a little but I hate seeing the game I love being tainted like it has been during their run.

G-Force said:
I disagree because I have never seen anyone get more controversial calls and new rules than them.
You haven't watched enough Colts games, or spoke to any Seahawk fans lately. And the NFL has not made any rules that I am aware of that specifically applies to the NE Pats.

g-force said:
As far as their team they have lost key players and your right we always give brokeback Brady fits. Dillion is getting old and their secondary is young and the new changes in rules for db's IMO will effect them.
The loss of Givens, AV, and Willie will surely be felt. Dillon is older than some, but better than most. He will be back injury free to start and fully conditioned. The new rules governing the games will no more effect the Pats than they will any other teams in the league.

g-force said:
Homerism has nothing to do with it. How many other teams have you seen be allowed to bring a snowplow on the feild in a playoff game and clear a spot for their kicker?
Every kicking strip in any game with snow on the ground is cleared before any place kick in the NFL.

g-force said:
How about how many tuck rules was called before the AFC championship game? Homerism maybe a little but I hate seeing the game I love being tainted like it has been during their run.
One tuck-rule call does not a three time champion make.

Not trying to turn this thread into smack. And certainly not giving Miami their due.

Just hoping for some ligitimate reasoning as to why the pats would be 9-7.

Pats would be 9-7 because

They lost key players, They took a step back with the loss of Weiss and Romeo C., and now lose Mangini, Their Secondary is young and pretty bad....but was decent due to the rush of guys like Willie Mcginest who is now gone, Corey Dillon will be healthy to start the year....but will he stay healthy? and he is getting older. Givens is gone and they will need someone to step up and replace him.

I say they end 10-6

Ayuh said:
You haven't watched enough Colts games, or spoke to any Seahawk fans lately. And the NFL has not made any rules that I am aware of that specifically applies to the NE Pats.

The loss of Givens, AV, and Willie will surely be felt. Dillon is older than some, but better than most. He will be back injury free to start and fully conditioned. The new rules governing the games will no more effect the Pats than they will any other teams in the league.

Every kicking strip in any game with snow on the ground is cleared before any place kick in the NFL.

One tuck-rule call does not a three time champion make.

Not trying to turn this thread into smack. And certainly not giving Miami their due.

Just hoping for some ligitimate reasoning as to why the pats would be 9-7.
Last offseason they lost their two coordinators and Weiss made Brady and it showed last year that his play declined without a genuiss like Weiss. Brady sucked in college ask any Michigan fan. Loss of weapons on offense and Defense and doing nothing to replace them would be guess at why they will continue their decline in play. Last year it started with the losses of Crennell and Weiss and this year it may continue because of the loss of not only productive big name players but also leaders such as Mcginest.

Csonkanator said:
I got a little bored this morning with an NFL schedule in front of me and decided to play around with it and make some wild predictions.....I tried to not be biased with the Fins, but I see us going real far this year (with C.Pep)...But i tired to be liberal with ALL the games...I have individual games down, albeit scores, so if you want who wins or loses, just ask....I have the Fins losing to just Pittsburgh (winnable game), New England (In Foxboro), Chicago, and the shocker, Jacksonville...(OMG)...sorry i just wanted somewhere to keep this for the end of the season....

My final predictions for the end of the season...

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

1. Browns at Chiefs > Chiefs
2. Broncos at Colts > Broncos

Divisional Round

1. Broncos at Bengals > Broncos
2. Cheifs at Dolphins > Dolphins

AFC Championship

1. Broncos at Dolphins > Dolphins

NFC Wild Card Round

1. Seahawks at Bears > Bears
2. Giants at Cardinals > Cardinals

Divisional Round

1.Cardinals at Redskins > Redskins
2. Buccaneers at Bear > Bears

NFC Championship

1.Bears at Redskins > Bears

SUPER BOWL!

1. Bears at Dolphins, in Miami > Dolphins 23-14 First Home SB Win!

A Bears/Dolphins SB! I couldn't believe it either until I was finished with the scheduled games.... But that's just my opinion....Enjoy...

And the race for standout Notre Dame QB Brady Quin goes to:

THE S.U.C.K.S!.....thanks for playing Mangini, see you at the unemployment line in a couple years...Second coaching stint is always a charm...

I just don't think the Bears are that good....they have a nice defense but no offense. I am going to say we go 11-5. I think the Patriots could be in for a tough year. :tongue:

Csonkanator said:
I got a little bored this morning with an NFL schedule in front of me and decided to play around with it and make some wild predictions.....I tried to not be biased with the Fins, but I see us going real far this year (with C.Pep)...But i tired to be liberal with ALL the games...I have individual games down, albeit scores, so if you want who wins or loses, just ask....I have the Fins losing to just Pittsburgh (winnable game), New England (In Foxboro), Chicago, and the shocker, Jacksonville...(OMG)...sorry i just wanted somewhere to keep this for the end of the season....

My final predictions for the end of the season...

AFC

EAST
Dolphins 12-4
Patriots 10-6
Bills 4-12
Jets 2-14

North
Bengals 13-3
Browns 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Ravens 5-11

South
Colts 10-6
Jaguars 7-9
Texans 6-10
Titans 4-12

West
Chiefs 11-5
Broncos 11-5
Raiders 5-11
Chargers 4-12

NFC

East
Redskins 13-3
Giants 11-5
Cowboys 10-6
Eagles 9-7

North
Bears 12-4
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11
Packers4-12

South
Buccaneers 12-4
Panthers 10-6
Falcons 7-9
Saints 3-13

West
Cardinals 11-5
Seahawks 11-5
Rams 8-8
Niners 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card Round

1. Browns at Chiefs > Chiefs
2. Broncos at Colts > Broncos

Divisional Round

1. Broncos at Bengals > Broncos
2. Cheifs at Dolphins > Dolphins

AFC Championship

1. Broncos at Dolphins > Dolphins

NFC Wild Card Round

1. Seahawks at Bears > Bears
2. Giants at Cardinals > Cardinals

Divisional Round

1.Cardinals at Redskins > Redskins
2. Buccaneers at Bear > Bears

NFC Championship

1.Bears at Redskins > Bears

SUPER BOWL!

1. Bears at Dolphins, in Miami > Dolphins 23-14 First Home SB Win!

And the race for standout Notre Dame QB Brady Quin goes to:

THE S.U.C.K.S!.....thanks for playing Mangini, see you at the unemployment line in a couple years...Second coaching stint is always a charm...

Now I dont have to watch any games this season, man you just freed up my sundays :lol:

Back
Top Bottom