Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Only way I’d consider a wr at 11 is if dvp was traded. If juice leaves I’m looking for a slot later

Sutton’s offense looks to me a lot like the one Kevin white came from at wva.

In the bowl game it looked to me a lot like wr for dummies. Dvp came from an offense that wr ask wise fit what Miami does.

That would be one flag for me

Only way I’d consider a wr at 11 is if dvp was traded. If juice leaves I’m looking for a slot later

Sutton’s offense looks to me a lot like the one Kevin white came from at wva.

In the bowl game it looked to me a lot like wr for dummies. Dvp came from an offense that wr ask wise fit what Miami does.

That would be one flag for me

Legit concern, and fit is very important for WR, but Sutton seems like a sharp guy, who picks things up at a quick rate. Either way, WR would not be one of my top-5 options at 11.

Legit concern, and fit is very important for WR, but Sutton seems like a sharp guy, who picks things up at a quick rate. Either way, WR would not be one of my top-5 options at 11.

Would you mind listing your top 3 that you think would be there at MIA's pick (11)? or did you already do that in VIP and I missed it?

Chubb to Indianapolis at 3 seems like a given to me

Qb and saquan Barkley to Cleveland at 1 and 4

I don’t like Guice as a top 12 value. I struggle to see it that high

Looks like some are sleeping on Davenport. If he's there at 11 he is overwhelmingly the favorite

I think our best bet is teams to fall in love with more qbs

It happens every year it seems. A few guys light it up at pro day and a team makes moves to get them.

I see you mentioned Orlando Brown, he too would be an absolute steal at 11. That dude is big and nasty.

There's a story of Orlando Brown senior knocking Ray Lewis out in the showers at Dolphin stadium after the Ravens lost 9-6 or something.

I believe the board agrees:
Minkah, Chubb, James, Smith GA LB are 4 of top 7.
Who are consensus next 3?
I have hard time leaving out Orlando Brown. The kid is elite LT.
Better prospect than Tunsil.

I believe the board agrees:
Minkah, Chubb, James, Smith GA LB are 4 of top 7.
Who are consensus next 3?
I have hard time leaving out Orlando Brown. The kid is elite LT.
Better prospect than Tunsil.
Davenport and Landry should also be top 10 locks. Add in the QBs and RBs there's your top 10

Looks like some are sleeping on Davenport. If he's there at 11 he is overwhelmingly the favorite
I haven't seen Davenport. Will check him out. The only DE end I like so far is Chubb.

I think Nelson goes in the top 10 and there is a chance Smith goes to Oakland or is out of the top 10.

Chubb to Indianapolis at 3 seems like a given to me

Qb and saquan Barkley to Cleveland at 1 and 4

I don’t like Guice as a top 12 value. I struggle to see it that high
Not sure Chubb is a given. Depends on HC. They run more of 3/4.. is Chubb a scheme fit idk. I think Orlando Brown protects Lucks blind side and shift Costanzo to RT.
Orlando Brown my early pick for Colts.

Maybe we get really lucky and the 49ers and Bears go Offense to give their young QBs some weapons

Do you all think the colts might take darnold with luck's injury? I wouldn't put it past them.

I'd love

Cle- lamar jackson
Nyg- josh Rosen
Ind- sam darnold
Cle- courtland sutton
Den- josh allen (cousins stays in wash)
Nyj- baker mayfield
Tb- bradley chubb
Chi- calvin ridley
Sfo- saquon barkley
Oak- minkah fitzpatrick

I would pick Roquan Smith over derwin James, oline, andrews, ferrell or landry.

Last edited:
My random draft thoughts:

I don't think the Miami Dolphins will pick 11th overall.

Fitzpatrick and Barkley are 1 and 2 on my board. Neither will be a Dolphin. I haven't formulated a list past No.2 yet.

Josh Allen will be in the conversation to go No.1 overall by the beginning of March. I haven't paid enough attention to Josh Rosen to tell you definitively that I wouldn't take Rosen over Allen. I just really, really, really like Allen, but I am partial to QB's who wear No.17. ;)

Right now Quenton Nelson is easily my target at No.11.

Ummmm Hayden Hurt anybody? This kid looks interesting. Not many TE's run bubble screen's, heck having a TE who can just run is a huge improvement. Does he last to 73? Adam Shaheen went in the 2nd round to Chicago last year so judging these TE's is going to be brutal.

I wish Oklahoma and Clemson could play a conciliation game so I could get a better look at more of their guys.

Very intrigued by Vita Vea. I think we are solid in 2018 with Suh, Phillips and Godchaux. However, I think DT is the second most important position on a football team and it's a position you can get 10+ years out of a player.

Back
Top Bottom