Something to consider | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to consider

You think we keep (4) TE's on roster? We didn't even really use 1 last year outside of almost a 6th OL.

If we take another TE...Especially early, one of those 3 TEs will be odd man out, late the drafted TE will probably be (unless he impresses) to hopefully pick him up later if not signed.

There is no more pressing need than to find five good o-linemen and a few competent back-ups. But, every year, Grier just signs a guy or two and calls it a day. They need to finally quit stalling and just put all of their resources into building a good line. They can worry about other positions AFTER the line is done.

They're going into next season with holes on defense that will be filled with cheap JAGs because they don't have the cap space or draft picks to fill every hole with top talent. And, they also have a new DC, so the smart thing to do is to make sure that the offense can score a lot of points, since they probably won't be able to count on the defense being very good, at least not for a while. So, since Miami already has plenty of offensive weapons, the best way to help them be more effective is to FIX THE DAMN O-LINE!

I expect one O-Linemen early, maybe two in the whole draft, depending whose there when they draft.

Yes, 3.5 out of 5 O-line positions need addressed + we need 7 defensive starters but let's tripled down on TE, a position we won't higlight!

Yeah, let's triple down on TE.

We need another Corner, and Safety, doubt very much that will be taken care of in the draft, but in FA.

We will probably get one or two bargain basement solid LBs after june, to help hold the fort until our two star LB get back. DT is the only crucial position that Miami might have to take one early if Wilkins does not end up coming back.

I’d love JPJ, Graham Barton maybe could also be had if the FO thinks he’s a better fit, but if Bryan Thomas WR from LSU is available and we drafted him and an offensive lineman in the 2nd round? That wouldn’t make me mad that’s for sure…

Though Thomas would be fine, I have even said Miami needs to get a big receiver to put next to Hill and Waddle, we really have to fix the line once and for all, and JPJ would help that with a tackle in the 2nd, or yes Graham Barton and a Center or Tackle in the 2nd would help us I think. Just want to see that line fixed already.

Though Thomas would be fine, I have even said Miami needs to get a big receiver to put next to Hill and Waddle, we really have to fix the line once and for all, and JPJ would help that with a tackle in the 2nd, or yes Graham Barton and a Center or Tackle in the 2nd would help us I think. Just want to see that line fixed already.
Thomas is big and fast. Hell yeah to all of that…

The basis of this discussion is, will Grier draft a player based on need or will he draft the best player available? It would be hard to pass up if Bowers fell to Miami at 21. If he did, take em or find someone who will pony up some draft picks to grab him. Smythe is signed through 2025 and could be cut next year with minimal dead money impact. It usually takes a year to develop tight ends. Thus, if he falls, he could be a future investment for the team. But, my bet is Cincy grabs him before us.

I really like Brian Thomas Jr, if he gets past us he's going to Buffalo, I can feel it. I'm not sure he plays up to his size though, at this point. I'd really like us to find a Michael Thomas type, a guy that can turn 50/50 balls into 80/20 balls.

We aren't done at TE is my sense. Nothing to support that with but I think we still bring in a TE in round two or if Bowers inexplicably falls in round 1.
I will be very surprised if they draft a TE early in the draft. They will probably bring in an UDFA but I think they will go with Smith, Smythe, and Hill next season.

I think they will likely wait until the 2025 draft to select a TE in the early rounds. They just have too many positions to fill to use a high draft pick on the TE position this year, IMO.

Of course if Bowers drops to 21, which I don’t see happening. I think he would be impossible to pass him up at 21.

I certainly can't tell the future but my guess is we are not drafting a TE now, just way too many holes to try and fill with only two picks in top 4 rounds. We could take a flier late I guess but we will have big needs in the trenches I hope they will address before another TE at this point.
TRUTH!

Getting Smith as our new TE IMO makes us a much better team, but what if Miami is not done with that position, what if in the draft along with
some well needed O-line help, and possibly a new DT (Depending on Wilkins), Miami attempts to get another TE to groom as our starter in a few years, and very possible weapon this year depending how quickly he proves himself.

Don't totally expect Miami to now be out of drafting a TE in the Draft, and even more, don't think Miami might not still go TE in the 2nd or if Bowers by some craziness falls draft him in the 1st.
We aren’t drafting a TE. They love Julian Hill and are developing him. We already have Smith & Smythe so there is no more room for a TE.

There is no more pressing need than to find five good o-linemen and a few competent back-ups. But, every year, Grier just signs a guy or two and calls it a day. They need to finally quit stalling and just put all of their resources into building a good line. They can worry about other positions AFTER the line is done.

They're going into next season with holes on defense that will be filled with cheap JAGs because they don't have the cap space or draft picks to fill every hole with top talent. And, they also have a new DC, so the smart thing to do is to make sure that the offense can score a lot of points, since they probably won't be able to count on the defense being very good, at least not for a while. So, since Miami already has plenty of offensive weapons, the best way to help them be more effective is to FIX THE DAMN O-LINE!
My fin brother...I believe you read my mind this entire post..Nothing is more important then adding elite

Hyperbole? In what manner?

Well, like saying even Grier doesn't know what he is going to do.
Yep, that should cover it.

It's hard to explain to a "hyperbolic" poster why their posts are "hyperbolic".
Do you see the problem I'm facing? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom