Something to consider | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to consider

TE is completely off the table for Miami now. We have a lot of needs to address but I wouldn’t be shocked if we went WR in rd2.

There is no more pressing need than to find five good o-linemen and a few competent back-ups. But, every year, Grier just signs a guy or two and calls it a day. They need to finally quit stalling and just put all of their resources into building a good line. They can worry about other positions AFTER the line is done.

They're going into next season with holes on defense that will be filled with cheap JAGs because they don't have the cap space or draft picks to fill every hole with top talent. And, they also have a new DC, so the smart thing to do is to make sure that the offense can score a lot of points, since they probably won't be able to count on the defense being very good, at least not for a while. So, since Miami already has plenty of offensive weapons, the best way to help them be more effective is to FIX THE DAMN O-LINE!
south park beat a dead horse GIF

Well, like saying even Grier doesn't know what he is going to do.
Yep, that should cover it.

It's hard to explain to a "hyperbolic" poster why their posts are "hyperbolic".
Do you see the problem I'm facing? - LOL
I do see your problem… it’s called DENIAL.😁

The basis of this discussion is, will Grier draft a player based on need or will he draft the best player available? It would be hard to pass up if Bowers fell to Miami at 21. If he did, take em or find someone who will pony up some draft picks to grab him. Smythe is signed through 2025 and could be cut next year with minimal dead money impact. It usually takes a year to develop tight ends. Thus, if he falls, he could be a future investment for the team. But, my bet is Cincy grabs him before us.
Kind of a good news bad news situation here. The bad news is we have needs everywhere almost. The good news is if he goes best player available with the first two picks not including a trade down scenario, the strength of this draft up top is Oline, and WR. Depending upon how the draft board falls it should line up pretty well with our needs and BPA. Fingers crossed.

TE is out of equation now and that’s coming from someone’s who been championing the cause for an upgrade as vigorously as anyone.

The focus has shifted to the other needs now that we’ve added a quality athlete at the position.

Smith/Smythe/Hill is as good as we could’ve hoped for this in 2024.
This is the correct answer. Not sure what else there is to say. We’re done at TE.

Back
Top Bottom