Sorry Cam , victim of the bad years | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sorry Cam , victim of the bad years

Tackles were not a tracked stat when ZT's career started.....

But the rumor was, had it been tracked, one of his early years he registered north of 300 tackles combined....

His presence on the stat sheet under tackles was by no accident, I do understand your logic though...

Tackles were most certainly tracked throughout his career and he was never close to 300.

That should be never had a deep playoff run. Or a run at all actually.

Thomas was never on a defense that won more than a single playoff game in any season. Their record in the divisional round was 0-3, and they lost in the wild card round in 1997 and 2001.

I couldn't remember what year he came in when I typed that, nor could I remember what year we lost to the Chargers in the championship game.

The way Cam abused the record books in Canada got a lot of NFL GMs calling. The one good thing Ireland did for this team. Even if it may have been by accident.
As the resident CFL guy, just want to say that even though Cam was a total beast up here, I actually don't know of any CFL records he set. (Maybe most sacks in first two years if there's such a thing). There have been some great pass rushers up here over the years. Anyhow, carry on...

Tackles were most certainly tracked throughout his career and he was never close to 300.
Maybe I am miss quoting some abnormality in relation to the tackle statistic.....

They adjusted a tracking method early on in his career that significantly effected the numbers...

I remember reading a very comprehensive column on it...

At any rate, your argument that because the defense in its entirety never "made a deep run" is ZT fault or somehow should lead to him not being HOF worthy is flawed.

Seau played on awful teams for a large duration of his career.....

Anyone who has issue with what ZT brought to the aqua and orange should probably find a new hobby, or become a Pats fan.....

Last edited:
As the resident CFL guy, just want to say that even though Cam was a total beast up here, I actually don't know of any CFL records he set. (Maybe most sacks in first two years if there's such a thing). There have been some great pass rushers up here over the years. Anyhow, carry on...
Hey I wasn't trying to demean the league. I'm like 99% sure he set the record for sacks over a two-year period. His play got noticed as a result and I believe at least 6 NFL teams were interested in him.

Hey I wasn't trying to demean the league. I'm like 99% sure he set the record for sacks over a two-year period. His play got noticed as a result and I believe at least 6 NFL teams were interested in him.

I seem to remember him too being talked about as a record breaker when he came in. He wasn't just a random CFL signing, this was a guy we were really excited about who we really thought had a legitimate chance of making an impact, even if only situationally.

Yeah - no, that would be Joe Montford who had 46 sacks between 1998 and 1999 with Hamilton, Grover Covington (father of Christian Covington, the Texans DE) had 42 sacks in 1987 - 88, etc. etc. (Cam had 39 in his two seasons with BC.) Anyhow, much as I like being the party show-off ;), your point is still very valid and well-taken.

Yeah - no, that would be Joe Montford who had 46 sacks between 1998 and 1999 with Hamilton, Grover Covington (father of Christian Covington, the Texans DE) had 42 sacks in 1987 - 88, etc. etc. (Cam had 39 in his two seasons with BC.) Anyhow, much as I like being the party show-off ;), your point is still very valid and well-taken.
I did leave a 1% chance that I was wrong :)

Wake is the best pure pass rusher we've had in our storied history. That's a hell of an impressive title to have. It's been a real joy watching him play.

Btw why is there Zach bashing going on in this thread? That's disturbing to see. He was a truly exceptional player. Also I've never really bought the narrative that somehow a Jay Fiedler led Dolphins teams failure in the playoffs was somehow the defenses fault. They had some tough games but even the 2000 Ravens and 85 Bears had games where they needed their offenses to step up and win for them. Dolphins didn't get that.

Maybe I am miss quoting some abnormality in relation to the tackle statistic.....

They adjusted a tracking method early on in his career that significantly effected the numbers...

I remember reading a very comprehensive column on it...

At any rate, your argument that because the defense in its entirety never "made a deep run" is ZT fault or somehow should lead to him not being HOF worthy is flawed.

Seau played on awful teams for a large duration of his career.....

Anyone who has issue with what ZT brought to the aqua and orange should probably find a new hobby, or become a Pats fan.....

Actually my post wasn't demeaning at all to Zach, it just appears that way to people who don't have reading comprehension. I was just saying why those who only judge based on statistics and team success (aka people who vote for the HOF) are not going to understand how good he was.

He took advantage of a few bad looks yesterday from the jets front protection wise yesterday but yes I’d agree it sucks for cam.

He deserves better than this qb situation

OP has 18 posts and 7 started threads lol. But yeah, Wake and a lot of other players aren't fortunate when it comes to that. Really is a special achievement to win a SB.

Actually my post wasn't demeaning at all to Zach, it just appears that way to people who don't have reading comprehension. I was just saying why those who only judge based on statistics and team success (aka people who vote for the HOF) are not going to understand how good he was.

Your logic of Zach being over looked because he was the QB of a defense that never had a "deep run" is flawed....

See my reading comprehension is pretty sound....

Now your rationale.......

That on the other hand could use some looking into...

Back
Top Bottom