Source-Dolphins active in meetings with free agent receivers at combine. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source-Dolphins active in meetings with free agent receivers at combine.

honestly, id rather throw the money at Victor Cruz and Danny Amendola.

but thats just me.

Hard to gauge a rookies performance before they hit the field, I think. Almost like Ted Ginn Jr. When the fins picked him early. At Ohio State he was a beast....but that's the gamble all teams take.

hE ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH RED ZONE PRODUCTION

Mike Wallace has been a top 5 receiver in the league since he entered the league.. Why are people making a case against him?? It's beyond me. Always going to overpay in free agency? Of course. That is the nature of the beast.

Mike Wallace makes every other player on the field better gives Tannahill more separation for every receiver and when Tannehill scrambles, Wallace can take it to the house at any point. We have cap space..get a guy that scares opposing D's and is ONLY 26 years old.

You either get Wallace or Jennings or Tannehill is gonna wear handcuffs for at least another 12 games until your rookies develop. Look at Justin Blackmon. He was useless for 10 games.

Correct...and Blackmon was much more polished and prolific in college than Patterson. If Patterson is the truth, it will take him a year or 2 to realize his potential...I see his career ceiling being Torrey Smith, who also took a while to develop...time that Ireland doesn't have

Ideally we would bring in Greg Jennings, resign Brian Hartline, draft Cordarrelle Patterson and Ryan Swope. That would give us 3 guys who instantly work in our system and a deep threat with great potential. We would have a veteran to lead the locker room and help the draftees develop. We would have players who fit into Philbin's and Sherman's system and cause no drama off the field. We would have a good distribution of ages with Jennings as the elder statesman, Hartline and Bess as the young veterans, Matthews, Patterson and Swope as the youngsters. We would have depth at the X (Patterson, Jennings, Matthews), Y (Hartline, Matthews, Swope), and slot (Jennings, Swope, Bess) and a strong 6 receiver corps that could withstand injuries and legitimately go 5 wide.

In a perfect world we would find a way to draft Tyler Eifert as well to give us a deep seam threat and red zone mismatch TE. It would also make the 2 TE formation viable as well.

Yeah, Mike Wallace would be great too, but I'm not convinced Miami will pay his price. I think Jennings has delusions of 12M+ per year, but nobody is going to pay that price, so if Green Bay doesn't Franchise him, we might win that price war.

^^ This would be my ideal offseason moves on offense.

new england and san fran want him.

so, why would he come here exactly?

wallace isnt coming here. i am saying san fran as they will dump moss and pay him. billicheck wont.

but, if NO ONE comes up with his asking price, then whatever team between sf and ne gets closest is where he will go.

new england and san fran want him.

so, why would he come here exactly?

wallace isnt coming here. i am saying san fran as they will dump moss and pay him. billicheck wont.

but, if NO ONE comes up with his asking price, then whatever team between sf and ne gets closest is where he will go.

Moss was playing for peanuts, Wallace won't be. They have alot of talent they need to resign over the next couple of years, giving a WR 12+ million is dicey.

Then again if they paired Mike Wallace with Michael Crabtree, with Kaepernick's cannon of an arm..yikes.

Well, if we are not signing any of our guys, throwing money at a guy for one player is not unheard of. Wish Brian Hartline were getting signed. Dont think BB has his eyes on him? He is half the price.

The people that balk at paying Wallace 12 mill per year are probably the same people that had no problem paying a LT more than that.

Sorry people. In today's NFL, if your highest paid player is on the OL and not at a skill position, you aren't much.

And, if your starting WRs are called mediocre, slow and roster fodder -- and you are high on such WRs -- chances are, your team ain't much.

Please. Welcome to the NFL today.

Get real skill at skill positions.

LD

We need to sign all of our FA guys except for Smith who is not worth what he is asking. This team was very close with these players. The continuity must continue.
Draft 3 WR's in the first 3 rounds, a CB and DE, and sign a veteran TE like Finley.
Mike Wallace will not be coming here, and the other guys like Jennings are just above average system guys and not worth what they are asking

Bro Jennings wants 12 mil a year.
So do I, doesn't mean I'm getting it either.

Got to get a top wr in free agency. Some positions you can draft and expect immediate impact (RB, pass rusher). WR isn't one of them. Spend the money and get a proven performer. Then draft 1 or 2 in the 2nd/3rd rounds for youth and development.

Veteran CB also a must in free agency. Still will need to draft another.

I'd use our #12 pick on a dominant DE pass rusher - you will get the most immediate impact from him, plus with him and Wake chasing the qb around, a killer pass rush can make up for inadequacies in the secondary.

Then we need a TE and OT, either in FA or draft.
Everything else, BPA for depth.

I'm just pondering a thought, if everything is even as far as money between the bidders for Wallace's services, I think the fins have an advantage, not the women and not the beach but how about the weather, Wallace came from Mississippi and their climate is sort of like Miami isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom