Sparano refers to free agency "a lot" when addressing the running back position | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano refers to free agency "a lot" when addressing the running back position

He mentions in this article that we need our Rb's to make people in the second level miss. I think this is an understatement. Our backs are big thick guys with no "dance" left in them (except at the hole right?). Ricky doesn't pop people while resisting going out of bounds any longer, Ronnie has been banged up (broken foot/finger/ACL tear) and neither of them make defenders miss after the line of scrimmage on a regular basis.
Doubling up on RB's is what my crystal ball tells me..........
Jaquizz Rodgers and Mario Fannin in later rounds?
Helu and Rodgers?

While RB is a big need - we HAVE to get a speed WR. We spent a fortune in 2 draft picks and money for Marshall and if we can get someone to open up the field for him he will make this offense very tough. Without someone to stretch the field the safeties will be able to double up and we wil continue to have dump off passes for 2-3 yard gains. Hartline was another in a long line of mistake WR picks because he doesn't have the speed needed to do this. We lucked out on Bess so it's possible that Hartline was designed for that role. Either way we don't need him - we need a burner.

While RB is a big need - we HAVE to get a speed WR. We spent a fortune in 2 draft picks and money for Marshall and if we can get someone to open up the field for him he will make this offense very tough. Without someone to stretch the field the safeties will be able to double up and we wil continue to have dump off passes for 2-3 yard gains. Hartline was another in a long line of mistake WR picks because he doesn't have the speed needed to do this. We lucked out on Bess so it's possible that Hartline was designed for that role. Either way we don't need him - we need a burner.

I think they'll do that, as getting a guy to handle the return duties with the zip to get to the 50 once in a while would help the offense quite a bit. Then you can break him in on some go routes just to open things up underneath. The opportunity should be there for him to be successful as a rookie if we can find a QB to get it to him. And if he catches better than Ginn.

I would love to see Ingram or Leshoure back there with Sproles coming in to help out off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom