Speculation: Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Attending Orange Bowl to scout Jim Harbaugh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation: Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Attending Orange Bowl to scout Jim Harbaugh

If I was a billionaire owner of the Dolphins, I would go to the game going on at the stadium too.

Ross better be careful how he plays this. if he fires Sparano, he can't just call Harbaugh and say "Hey Jim, come coach my team."
He has to follow the guidelines of the Rooney rule, and interview minority coaching candidates as well.

He could have a problem if those candidates feel that the interviews are a joke, and he plans on hiring Harbaugh anyways.
I'm not saying the league would take draft picks from us, but don't be surprised if we get some negative media coverage.
Huizienga played games with the Rooney Rule when he hired Saban, so the league office could be keeping an eye on us if we fire Sparano.

Is this the same rule that the Cowboys are following?
What is really funny is that the Vikes can hire Frazier full time without interviewing anyone else yet the Cowboys can't hire Garrett without a bogus interview. IMO that is BS!! Talk about a double standard. If you are a interim HC and it works out you should be able to get hired period! Why should you have to interview anyone else. If that person works out then they should be able to get the job - it's an in house hire which should be applauded. Reward those that work hard for a team. Garrett should be the same situation as Frazier - both did well and deserve the job. This Rooney rule should not apply here - ridiculous!!

Back
Top Bottom