Spielman is a bum!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman is a bum!!

Dphins4me said:
Fact: Feeley was listed at No. 3 on the depth chart.
Fact: Miami was the only team willing to give up a No. 2 for him
Fact: Miami begged JF to stick around as soon after the trade was announced.
Fact: Miami is not sure enough about Feeley to give him the starting job.
Fact: Feely only started about 12 games since HS.
So these are the reasons why you agree withe the thread starter as to why Speilman is a bum and should be given the axe? cmon..

Ill still wait and see how he performs before i pass judgement... a 2nd rounder may have been high but if Feeley ends up to be a star in this league then I hope your off the bandwagon before he does surprise people or be prepared to eat some crow.... Who would we have gotten in the second round to compete with Feidler for the staring job anyway? ill answer it for you .. no-one..

Ill take Ron Wolfs reccomendation over your reasoning anyway even if the price was a little high..

Football 101 and cap 101, go learn it and then come back. You make no sense. Rick should know Ricky will retire and Boston will get hurt and make multiple position moves per position and do all this while starting the offseason 17 mil over the cap? He wanted receivers in the draft but they were taken. He did well with what he had.

Dphins4me said:
I posted this somewhere else. I will post it again. We do not even know if Feeley is going to play. Soon after they traded for him, Miami then went out and begged JF to stay, because they were not sold on Feeley. That tells me a whole whole lot.

What statement have I made that I cannot back up with fact? Tell which ones and I'll address them.

Fact: Feeley was listed at No. 3 on the depth chart.
Fact: Miami was the only team willing to give up a No. 2 for him
Fact: Miami begged JF to stick around as soon after the trade was announced.
Fact: Miami is not sure enough about Feeley to give him the starting job.
Fact: Feely only started about 12 games since HS.

He is a bust in my mind. Not because of what he might do on the field, but because of the price they paid to get him. They overpaid for a 3rd string QB that has only played in a handful of games since High School.

Who else was high on him? Let me rephrase. Who else was high enough on him to pony up a No.2? No one. Beside I have not read one thing that said anyone else was interested in him. They might have been, but not at the asking price.

I did read that the Jets laughed at the price of a No. 2 last year when they were desperate for a QB when Pennington went down.

This is a ridiculous post!
How can someone be a bust and not even play for your team to allow yourself to analyze his play on the field? Do you always allow yourself to be led around by the noggin or do you make decisions you feel are sound after valuable research time??
Just because another team didn't swoop in and grab Feeley doesn't mean he can't perform on the field. I'd even bet that if a team did grab him and won the damn super bowl, you would be ther FIRST person to scream why the Fvck we didn't get that guy.

BTW, the Jets tried to get Feeley from Phili the year before...guess what they offered...a 2nd rounder and the eagles turned them down because they wanted a 1st.

MikeO said:
Now injuries happen and all and no coach or GM can be blamed for that. But thus far Rick Spielman has shown himself to be a fool.

1) Miami's WR's SUCKED last year. Adding Boston helps, but lets be honest, Miami has no real depth after Chambers and Boston. Adding Boston didn't solve all of the problems at WR for Miami. He didn't even try to add someone else. They were 1 injury away (which just happened) from being in the same boat as LAST YEAR! And incase Speilman hasn't noticed, Newson, Tolver, and that crew aren't NFL ready and won't be! So now because Spielman was so hell-bent on adding more cornerbacks this offseason Miami is shot at the WR position. Now go trade away more picks for Keenan McCardell and totally blow the future. Maybe James McKnight will be cut by the Giants, that should solve everything!
!
Dude, you're an idiot and I can't believe I read your whole post. You can't predict season ending injuries. IF boston were healthy all season and had a probowl season you'd be kissing his ***. And you can't have depth at every single position. There's this thing called a salary cap. Maybe you should try and understand it before making a stupid post.

Superself said:
How can someone be a bust and not even play for your team to allow yourself to analyze his play on the field? Do you always allow yourself to be led around by the noggin or do you make decisions you feel are sound after valuable research time??
Just because another team didn't swoop in and grab Feeley doesn't mean he can't perform on the field. I'd even bet that if a team did grab him and won the damn super bowl, you would be ther FIRST person to scream why the Fvck we didn't get that guy.

BTW, the Jets tried to get Feeley from Phili the year before...guess what they offered...a 2nd rounder and the eagles turned them down because they wanted a 1st.
HAA!

OWNED

FiN.in.RI said:
So these are the reasons why you agree withe the thread starter as to why Speilman is a bum and should be given the axe? cmon..

Ill still wait and see how he performs before i pass judgement... a 2nd rounder may have been high but if Feeley ends up to be a star in this league then I hope your off the bandwagon before he does surprise people or be prepared to eat some crow.... Who would we have gotten in the second round to compete with Feidler for the staring job anyway? ill answer it for you .. no-one..

Ill take Ron Wolfs reccomendation over your reasoning anyway even if the price was a little high..
I'm not saying Feeley will be a bad player. I'm simply saying the price for what an established player cost should be more in line with what he has done in the NFL. Feeley is a 3 year player that in 7 years has seen a start about 12 times. That concerns me.

Feeley had accomplished so much that Philly still listed him as a No. 3. Reason regardless. He was listed as a No. 3. We know the lip service given but the fact is. He was a No. 3 QB on the depth chart. Anything else is simply lip service and we know how coaches lie.

Also Ron Wolf spent years in the NFL and it was not until GB that he stuck gold with Farve, Hasselbeck & Brooks. He also missed on some. Like JJ and acquiring picks for the draft. When you draft a QB every year you are bound to hit on a few. I'd have to do some research but I do not recall right off hand if he ever found any other QB before GB.

FiN.in.RI said:

Where in the original post did I say Spielman should be given the axe? You still don't understand this topic in this thread!

I just said he is a bum. He did a bad job this offseason and doesn't have this team ready for 2004.

Go re-read the FIRST post in this thread then come back and lets have a debate! You are now just making stuff up and putting words in the mouths of others to help fit your arguement!

Superself said:
You obviously do not know me, so the last comment is completely out of here.

As for Feeley. I think he can be a decent QB. What concerns me is Miami thought so much of him that they gave up a 2nd round pick for him, but then turned around and begged JF back because they are not sure about Feeley.

I am not saying the Feeley is a bust as a player. I'm saying the price paid is a bust because they over paid. If RS thought and seen so much of Feeley then why did he not draft him in 2001? Also Miami has a player on the team that was drafted higher than Feeley, its just Miami will not give him the chance to show what he can do in a real game. Give the young guys a chance to see what they can do before going out and getting someone elses castoffs.

Superself said:
Correction. The Eagles ask for a No.2 and the just laughed. Herm Edwards said so himself in an interview.

Back
Top Bottom