Spielman Says that Thompson "wasn't comfortable last season" and that he is now. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman Says that Thompson "wasn't comfortable last season" and that he is now.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I don't get it I mean, couldn't he just say that he played horrible. Missed opportunities and was a waste of a signing?

i dont think he was a waste to sign however he did play horrible last year and hopefulll all the good things i have been hearing about him at this years camp are true. not to mention jay never threw the ball to the guy last year but most likely he was having trouble getting open

juniorseau55 said:
I don't get it I mean, couldn't he just say that he played horrible. Missed opportunities and was a waste of a signing?

"wasn't comfortable"???.....get the guy a Laz-Z-boy and walk him over to the state line. Helllo, Mcfly...the guy stunk, end of story. :shakeno:

i wish i could be that uncomfortable

playing for a nfl team(especially the dolphins)
signing a multimillion dollar contract.

Personally, I was shocked at how poorly DT played last year. He's got great skills IMO, and when he was in Washington, he was a very solid WR with tons of upside....

He also looked great during TC last year, and I think the main problems he had during the regular season were between him and Fielder. They never really looked comfortable with eachother in game time situations, and given more time, I think they will be....

He should get it together this off-season and prove himself. I think he will....

PHINZ RULE!!!

juniorseau55 said:

yeah, if he was an ******* he would say that. OR he could be objectionable about it and tell it how it was. How DT was on a team with no OL, an anemic passing game, his first year in our system, and that we played musical QB's.

I want to see ANYONE flourish under those conditions. It's hard enough to get ahold of Jay's ducks, without being in a new system playing musical QB's! By your reasoning, you might as well say Ricky flopped last year, and give the OL none of the blame.

That's a nice way to put things and save your a** in the media because you don't have a #3 WR. I don't want to hear anything about Derrius Thompson doing good in the camps. What's new? He was "Michael Irvin" last year in camp. :rolleyes2

catapano said:
i dont think he was a waste to sign however he did play horrible last year and hopefulll all the good things i have been hearing about him at this years camp are true. not to mention jay never threw the ball to the guy last year but most likely he was having trouble getting open
Obviously Jay is a problem for any receiver, Chambers has yet to post a 1000 yard season and he's pretty good in my book.

As far as Thompson, he was the talk of the last camp, he looked great in camp and disapeared when the season started, I don't think he's anything special.........just my opinion

I think if you guys loook at tapes, in some games thompson was just lost. I didn't really see any effort and Yes, he has talent but like Payton Manning says, when you get to the nfl, how hard you work there is what its all about. He will get his opportunity at third. If they coaching staff has so much faith in him still then why are they pushign him inside the pig pen to battle it out with other no name receivers.

SmokeyPhinz said:
He has one more chance to prove his worth. If he fails, screw 'em..
I agree with you but you know how our team treats failures.......

I saw a lot of effort. I did see a guy who looked like he was lost out there. I don't think he handled the pressure of starting last year

When I watched the games I thought DT's struggles were due to Jay. Everytime we needed a first down or a touchdown Jay looked For McKnight, Chambers, or McMichael. The onlt time he really gave DT a good look was against the Bills when DT dived for a TD when he didn't have to.

You can also make the case he stuggled being number 2, when in Washington he was the number 3 option. I garantee Thompson will do better this year since Boston has come over.

Ah, that must have been an interesting conversation:

Wanny: "Hey DT, looking at the game tape, I saw you're not getting any speration from the DB."

Thompson; "Uh, yeah coach, it's tough out there." Pauses to rub chin thoughtfully. "I mean, guys are like... trying to tackle me!"

Wanny: "Oh, yeah, the other team will do that."

Thompson: "I mean, like, tackle HARD coach... like they would like to hurt me!" Grimaces and sighs loudly. "I'm just... you know, just... I'm not comfortable out there."

Wanny: Throws reassuring arm around Thompson. "Hey, look, I know you are trying to get open and catch some passes." Awkward silence. "Well, DT... you, uh, you... in training camp you looked like the NEXT RANDY MOSS!"

Thompson: "Yeah, that was great coach, I never had to worry about getting smacked around too much."

Wanny: "Look, you are trying, right?" Grins at Thompson. "What more can I expect?"

Thompson: Looks relieved. "Hey, I'm gonna kick *** next training camp!"

Wanny: "Alright, I just don't want to put too much pressure on you to, uh, make plays DURING a game, okay?"

Thompson: "You're so much more understanding than that Parcells guy, coach."

Wanny: "Why do you think I got a contract extension?"

Laughter as both walk off. Somewhere in the distance, a dog barks... and a Dolphin fan sobs quietly. :cry:

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Ah, that must have been an interesting conversation:

Wanny: "Hey DT, looking at the game tape, I saw you're not getting any speration from the DB."

Thompson; "Uh, yeah coach, it's tough out there." Pauses to rub chin thoughtfully. "I mean, guys are like... trying to tackle me!"

Wanny: "Oh, yeah, the other team will do that."

Thompson: "I mean, like, tackle HARD coach... like they would like to hurt me!" Grimaces and sighs loudly. "I'm just... you know, just... I'm not comfortable out there."

Wanny: Throws reassuring arm around Thompson. "Hey, look, I know you are trying to get open and catch some passes." Awkward silence. "Well, DT... you, uh, you... in training camp you looked like the NEXT RANDY MOSS!"

Thompson: "Yeah, that was great coach, I never had to worry about getting smacked around too much."

Wanny: "Look, you are trying, right?" Grins at Thompson. "What more can I expect?"

Thompson: Looks relieved. "Hey, I'm gonna kick *** next training camp!"

Wanny: "Alright, I just don't want to put too much pressure on you to, uh, make plays DURING a game, okay?"

Thompson: "You're so much more understanding than that Parcells guy, coach."

Wanny: "Why do you think I got a contract extension?"

Laughter as both walk off. Somewhere in the distance, a dog barks... and a Dolphin fan sobs quietly. :cry:

Worst spoof ever

Back
Top Bottom