Spielman Says that Thompson "wasn't comfortable last season" and that he is now. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman Says that Thompson "wasn't comfortable last season" and that he is now.

I have absolutely no idea what "uncomfortable" means in this context????? I'm used to coaches and GM's being vague but what does that mean?

SmokeyPhinz said:
He has one more chance to prove his worth. If he fails, screw 'em..

Our new James Mcknight? :lol:

It's really amazing the year Chambers had compared to Thompson. The same QB was passing the ball, whether it was Fielder or Greise. Sure Chambers had a lot more chances, whether he had to jump for the ball or catch it off his shoe laces, he still made the catch.

Wanny: "Why do you think I got a contract extension?"

Laughter as both walk off. Somewhere in the distance, a dog barks... and a Dolphin fan sobs quietly.

LOL!

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Thompson, I'm sorry man. I didn't know you posted here.

:roflmao:

I am not Thompson, however your spoofs should at least seem to be an attempt at being funny.

Plus wide recievers don't get tackled during their routes.

In our system we emphasize the run. I would be surprised if we have any receiver put up 60+ catches, for 1000+yds. With Boston, Chambers, McMichael, and Ricky the ball is going to be spread around quite a bit. This will make it difficult (hopefully) for teams to zero in on stuffing Ricky at the line, or doubling up on Chambers.

Chambers has the talent to be a top 5 receiver, but we just don't get him the ball enough to pump his stats up. To me it seems like were wasting one of the best young receivers in the game.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I am not Thompson, however your spoofs should at least seem to be an attempt at being funny.

Well, I found it mildly amusing overall. Plus, as a WR, if you CATCH the ball while running your route? They WILL try and tackle you. IF you catch the ball.

See, it's never funny when you have to explain it. :confused:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

Derrius? Is that you? You really got him there. Wide receivers don't get tackled in their routes. Excellent analysis.

Hey good job picking apart that joke. You really did your research. You got him. And you really made him look stupid. There's nothing I like more than someone who takes a joke and then analyzes it for both grammatical and practical content. HA. What an idiot he is. You're the man.

Ladies, ladies. You're all pretty.

The problem with Thompson last year was his route running and failure to fight for balls. He rounded stuff off and hung his QBs out to dry. When he wasn't invisible, he had some good catches (Dallas) and some bad plays (Buffalo). Remember last year vs Buffalo?? Thompson beats Nate Clements and is open for a TD. Jay puts the fade right on the money for a 19-yard TD. But Thompson jumps about a full second too early and blows it.

Luckily, he somehow drew a holding penalty on Clements. And Jay hit Chambers for a TD two plays later.

TX-FinFan said:
In our system we emphasize the run. I would be surprised if we have any receiver put up 60+ catches, for 1000+yds. With Boston, Chambers, McMichael, and Ricky the ball is going to be spread around quite a bit. This will make it difficult (hopefully) for teams to zero in on stuffing Ricky at the line, or doubling up on Chambers.

Chambers has the talent to be a top 5 receiver, but we just don't get him the ball enough to pump his stats up. To me it seems like were wasting one of the best young receivers in the game.
Thats because we lack a quarterback to get him the ball consistently, this offense has not been balanced since Wannstedt got here.

When we truly do have a balanced offense Chambers will far exceed 1000 yards, Boston too............................

Back
Top Bottom