Spielman Says that Thompson "wasn't comfortable last season" and that he is now. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman Says that Thompson "wasn't comfortable last season" and that he is now.

What`s Spielman supposed to say? DT just got the dreaded "vote of confidence" so I`m sure his play will improve dramatically this season being the 3# wideout. Sure couldn`t be any less productive than he was last year. I think everybody expected alot better things last year from him, and for whatever reasons he struggled.

Ohiophinphan said:
I have absolutely no idea what "uncomfortable" means in this context????? I'm used to coaches and GM's being vague but what does that mean?

His pantyhose was ridin' up! That's what it means.

That's a nice way to put things and save your a** in the media because you don't have a #3 WR. I don't want to hear anything about Derrius Thompson doing good in the camps. What's new? He was "Michael Irvin" last year in camp.

Pretty good at seeing through the BS ChambersOwnz. Spielman is just trying to cover his @ss now that it looks like nobody is going to come available who could play our 3rd WR spot. The Cowboys think Bryant is too damned talented to give up on and Parcells is even taking it as a challenge now to "break him," and Muhsin Muhammad never came available like we thought he might...so now Spielman has to say somethin to make it look like this is how we wanted it all along.

But there is some truth to it all. Derrius didn't handle it very well and looked uncomfortable, but also keep in mind that Norv Turner thinks that Derrius' problems in 2003 weren't quite as "self-inflicted" as people think...in other words either the offensive line, qb, or play-calling (most likely and Dave play-calling) were partly to blame. I read that somewhere from a sports writer that spoke with Norv Turner...maybe Joe Schad

BLITZKRIEG said:
Personally, I was shocked at how poorly DT played last year. He's got great skills IMO, and when he was in Washington, he was a very solid WR with tons of upside....

He also looked great during TC last year, and I think the main problems he had during the regular season were between him and Fielder. They never really looked comfortable with eachother in game time situations, and given more time, I think they will be....

He should get it together this off-season and prove himself. I think he will....
DT had one year in Wash where he did anything. After that season the Redskins who were dying for a WR never tried to retain him. Made me wonder why? DT should be a decent 3rd WR. However ask him to do anything else and he will suck. Like he did last year. He is not that good.

Back
Top Bottom