Spoke to a "Friend" about the possibility of Andrew Luck being a bust | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spoke to a "Friend" about the possibility of Andrew Luck being a bust

Don't worry... Our front office and coaching staff will f*** this up too.

His WRs make more plays than they should. He looks savvy in the pocket or does he look more comfortable out of the pocket than in it? Everyone is thinking sexy pick. And at this point, we HAVE to take the best consesus QB on the board.

From the depthst of my soul, I do not think Luck is the right call.

Wow.....do you have your bullet proof vest on??? You should know better than to do anything but bow at the wonder that is Andrew Luck. Quick, take it back!

Wow.....do you have your bullet proof vest on??? You should know better than to do anything but bow at the wonder that is Andrew Luck. Quick, take it back!
Look, your "be safe and draft a cornfed lineman" bandwagon is catching on! Congrats. Pretty soon your boy Sparano will be available to man the Mediocrity '12 campaign office full time!

His WRs make more plays than they should. He looks savvy in the pocket or does he look more comfortable out of the pocket than in it? Everyone is thinking sexy pick. And at this point, we HAVE to take the best consesus QB on the board.

From the depthst of my soul, I do not think Luck is the right call.
Which QB in the draft do you think is better?

there's always going to be people going against the grain just for the hell of it. there's not really any glaring flaws in Luck's game. no more than any other top QB prospect. in fact, far less.

Look, your "be safe and draft a cornfed lineman" bandwagon is catching on! Congrats. Pretty soon your boy Sparano will be available to man the Mediocrity '12 campaign office full time!

My bandwagon? When did I say anything like that again?

More of the mindless temper tantrum that exudes when you don't stick your nose in Lucks jock. Maybe you should go back and read some of my posts. There is nothing about my mentality for this team that has anything to do with being safe.

But I do think we have to improve our Olineman, so kudos for getting that part right about me while you read my mind. :woot:

My bandwagon? When did I say anything like that again?

More of the mindless temper tantrum that exudes when you don't stick your nose in Lucks jock. Maybe you should go back and read some of my posts. There is nothing about my mentality for this team that has anything to do with being safe.

But I do think we have to improve our Olineman, so kudos for getting that part right about me while you read my mind. :woot:
Didn't take any mind reading. Mediocrity-lovers are all the same. They always go with the safe pick over the overblown "risk" of picking a QB. Every year they come out and speak out against drafting 1st round QBs. Last year you were probably against drafting Mallett. Same with Matt Ryan vs Jake Long. When we went with Ronnie Brown, you were likely upset we didn't pick Jammal Brown, but were glad we shied away from that "risky"/potential bust pick in Aaron Rodgers.

Every year it's the same thing. The only difference is that this year there is the slight possibility that we can land a borderline guaranteed franchise QB that can turn this mediocre franchise around and return it to being a team that matters. The last time we were in that position, guess what, we were there for one reason: a franchise QB. And if we can't land Luck, we have two other potential franchise QB's to choose from. No.other.position.matters.more. Period. Football 101.

Didn't take any mind reading. Mediocrity-lovers are all the same. They always go with the safe pick over the overblown "risk" of picking a QB. Every year they come out and speak out against drafting 1st round QBs. Last year you were probably against drafting Mallett. Same with Matt Ryan vs Jake Long. When we went with Ronnie Brown, you were likely upset we didn't pick Jammal Brown, but were glad we shied away from that "risky"/potential bust pick in Aaron Rodgers.

Every year it's the same thing. The only difference is that this year there is the slight possibility that we can land a borderline guaranteed franchise QB that can turn this mediocre franchise around and return it to being a team that matters. The last time we were in that position, guess what, we were there for one reason: a franchise QB. And if we can't land Luck, we have two other potential franchise QB's to choose from. No.other.position.matters.more. Period. Football 101.

You're on fire! You have me all figured out....

Maybe you should do a little more research on me. I have been all for drafting him, or any other top QB prospect if we get the chance.
I just don't see the sense in giving everything in order to. I certainly don't see the sense in talking about it on every thread in October.

I've been offered a couple of new positions for work, which one should I take? I love that I won't have to spend my money on a psychic when i can have you tell me for free!!

so you're just sold on always taking a risky player because it's more....fun? flashy? interesting?

believe it or not, sometimes (in fact, MOST times!), the best move is to draft the "mediocre" player. not because it's "safe," but because that "mediocre" player is actually very good!

also, Ryan Mallett is horrific, so i'm ecstatic we didn't draft him. i'll take "mediocre" over "horrific, but fun to talk about!" any day

its never a good idea to draft the mediocre player...thats how you end up with mediocre year in and year out results....fml

fitting though that someone would say that with a "penningtons rocket arm" user name

the problem is that you folks assign "mediocre" to any player that doesn't immediately excite you. Jake Long, one-of-the-best-players-in-the-league, is just too BORING! why not draft a QB? with a cool nickname like MATTY ICE!!! who cares if he has the lowest YPA in the league and can't do much more than checkdown on every single play, he has a cool nickname!!

there was nothing mediocre about jake long when he was drafted...ehhh...i can see there's no meat here

good day

Wow, he handled himself pretty well... I would have made the news if someone tweeted me that.

Back
Top Bottom