"sporting news today" claims these 5 guys will be Free agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"sporting news today" claims these 5 guys will be Free agents

TJ Houshmandzadeh
Jeff Garcia
Center Jeff Saturday
Jags MLB Mike Peterson
Center Matt Birk.

they also say these guys will be cut or traded

Torry Holt
Edge
Marvin harrison
TO
Larry Johnson

they claim these guys will get the franchise tag

Nnamdi asomugha
Terrell Suggs
atogwe
of course karlos Dansby
julius peppers

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20090211/?sub_id=Crbq31mavkUpx&folio=CGI

I don't think we will pursue any of these guys really. Parcells has a knack for drafting stars so we don't really need to chase the big names.

Why would Arizona want to tag Warner? Warner will either play in Arizona again, or he'll retire.

If we were to get one of those players it would be Saterday but more realisticly it will be Birk, letting us trade or move Satele to gaird

I would say zero chance Arizona puts the franchise tag on Warner. No need. If he isn't playing for Arizona, he isn't playing.

I wouldn't go that far. A team like the Jests would probably be very interested in him since Farve retired again today. :up:

TJ Houshmandzadeh
Jeff Garcia
Center Jeff Saturday
Jags MLB Mike Peterson
Center Matt Birk.

Torry Holt
Edge
Marvin harrison
TO
Larry Johnson

Nnamdi asomugha
Terrell Suggs
atogwe
of course karlos Dansby
julius peppers

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20090211/?sub_id=Crbq31mavkUpx&folio=CGI

As far as Warner goes, he is still in Hawaii vacationing with his family. His agent will be in Phoenix tomorrow to start the talks but everyone in Phoenix knows he is going to sign a two year deal for a reasonable sum and he is definitely not retiring.

Jeff Saturday is old and he was a terrible liability in run blocking last year.
There is a really good chance he is a FA or retires.

Holt and Pace are both supposedly available for a 3rd rounder.

Edge has been gone this year two years ago. Duh Is that news to anyone?

Matt Birk is on the record as saying he will not sign with a warm weather team. He hates the heat. Forget about him. Brown is our guy.

TJ Houshmandzadeh
Jeff Garcia
Center Jeff Saturday
Jags MLB Mike Peterson
Center Matt Birk.

Torry Holt
Edge
Marvin harrison
TO
Larry Johnson

Nnamdi asomugha
Terrell Suggs
atogwe
of course karlos Dansby
julius peppers

The dolphins might take a look at putting Mike Peterson in the middle but that is just speculation. Matt Birk is definately a possability but I just don't see Miami as an area that he would settle down. Torry Holt will most likely be traded for compensation, and Larry Johnson is not going anywhere in KC.

Terrel Suggs is not worth a Franchise tag and I expect the ravens to find a replacement through the draft, and Julius Peppers will most likely stay with Carolina.

None of these guys really blow my skirt up. If I had to choose it would probably be TJ Houshmanzadeh. One guy not mentioned who has already been cut is Mike Furrey. After all we are trying to improve the back end of the roster and that guy is a player.

Mike Furrey is a system player. Whereever Mike Martz goes, he will go.

Mike Martz is unemployed this year.

Sign him for the veteran minimum, but no more.

Saturday is an awesome dude but his run blocking was never great and last year he stunk it up.

The last thing the Dolphins need is an old undersized Center who can't run block anymore.

Back
Top Bottom