Sports Buzz 6/27- Dolphins roster battles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz 6/27- Dolphins roster battles

sure sounds like will davis is in trouble...once the pads come on is when you can really see his issues...

damian williams should be camp fodder...don't waste a spot on the 53 for that guy

I see Will Davis as a boom or bust prospect. He consistently makes interceptions but the big question is whether he is physically strong enough to compete. I hear that Will took a one hand freak interception the other day. With the talent we have assembled at WR, Davis will have his work cut out beating the likes of Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Landry. I still think that he has potentially better upside than Jamar Taylor, if his physical strength has significantly improved.

Agree to disagree re Damian Williams, if he's fully healthy.

I have to again bring up how much worse our special team's blocking was to the year before in Thigpen's defense. It made a big difference.

That is true but some of his decision making last year really made me scratch my head despite the blocking problems.

I see Will Davis as a boom or bust prospect. He consistently makes interceptions but the big question is whether he is physically strong enough to compete. I hear that Will took a one hand freak interception the other day. With the talent we have assembled at WR, Davis will have his work cut out beating the likes of Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Landry. I still think that he has potentially better upside than Jamar Taylor, if his physical strength has significantly improved.

Agree to disagree re Damian Williams, if he's fully healthy.

davis is gonna have to tackle better to get run on specials even...his warts are already showing and the physical side of the game and the tackling required in our scheme hasn't even shown itself yet...both of which were very poor last year

as for williams as a returner i don't hate it i guess although i still think thiggy has a better feel for the job but as a wr that's a flat waste of time to keep...i'd play at least 5 guys and probably binns also before i would damian williams as a wr...and maybe this hazel kid too depending on how he shows come camp and the preseason...i know that williams is not an nfl caliber wr

i'm not keen on making jarvis landry the punt returner either...there's no doubt in my mind that he should be working his way into at minimum specific packages and sets in the offense...don't just ban him to specials cause we have other options...i'm sure once camp starts jarvis landry is gonna start creeping into some incumbents reps with the 1's etc...

Just saw this on Jackson's column. Probably a good time to take a break being it's the dullest time of year for sports.

07/01/2014
Note to readers

This blog will be inactive for at least several weeks because I am on assignment and then on vacation.

Hope everyone has a good summer and thanks for making this The Herald's most-read blog in June.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

TE and LB intrigue me most. as far as camp battles that is. sorry im hammered, and haven't posted hammered in awhile (since ive been on wagons) outside of clay where do we go. I really like gator, but where as he's a clay clone which is great, how many clays can you have playing at the same time. (Hoskins should make the 53 though!) but at the same time, you've dropped a top 4 draft pick on simms, egnew, and UGA guy (cant remember name and too drunk to look up, think lynch) so do you jump an UDFA ahead of any of the players you spent a min of a mid round pic on? and then LB, I want to see how our back up LB's pan out because I have no clue where or how the starting LB's will line up. as long as derrell Johnson makes team though im happy. I think Johnson ECU will at least earn a PS spot. if we try to stash gator on PS he'll be taken away if any team has a starting FB go down

Can't believe we can't find nobody to unseat Thigpen on returns. It's early yet and it sounds like Lazor might want incorporate him in the offense.

Sounds like Johnson is working his way to a roster spot. I'm not a betting man but if I was to put my money on UDFA making the roster it would be him.

JT has said in the past he wants to work in television but he seems to be building a resume for working within the Dolphins organization.
I think Thigpen is good to keep, especially if you don't have receiver and running back filled with a bunch of stars. He can play either spot in a pinch and often role guys like that have a great attitude and work ethic that rubs off on some other players (hopefully). I bet Lazor has thought of some ways to use his versatility and keep defenses off guard a bit, even if he is not an explosive or dominant player.

Back
Top Bottom