Sports Buzz: Dolphins Focusing on WRs in Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz: Dolphins Focusing on WRs in Draft

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We reported in recent days that the Dolphins have summoned Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant and Mississippi receiver Donte Moncrief to team headquarters to meet with coaches and front-office officials. (Both are likely second- or third-round picks.)

And a source confirmed tonight that USC receiver Marqise Lee will visit Dolphins headquarters on Tuesday, as first reported this evening by ESPN’s James Walker. That means at least three of the Dolphins’ 30 permitted visits will involve receivers, a position that might be their deepest on the team.

If Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin is available at No. 19, it would be surprising if the Dolphins opted for Lee instead. But if Martin is off the board at No. 19, everything is in play. And the Dolphins are showing more interest in receivers than most expected.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ter-goldens-monday-musings.html#storylink=cpy

Good...if Hickey truly is a BPA type of GM then there will be a solid chance that a WR would be the BPA at some point...probably early.

I think that a case could be made for Lee in the first and imo Brandin Cooks, even though he doesn't fit the size profile that Philbin wants. 2nd/3rd rds- Moncrief, Bryant and I would add Jordan Matthews to that list.

Lee seems like a good scheme fit, and exactly the type of wr philbin covets.

With three wrs with knee injuries, it's not surprising were looking hard at WR.

And I also think hartline is a joke of a #2 WR. I don't know why he gets such a pass around here, but he makes no plays and is way to reliant on double and triple moves to create separation. I wonder how many times tannehill got sacked waiting for him to get open.

Lee seems like a good scheme fit, and exactly the type of wr philbin covets.

With three wrs with knee injuries, it's not surprising were looking hard at WR.

And I also think hartline is a joke of a #2 WR. I don't know why he gets such a pass around here, but he makes no plays and is way to reliant on double and triple moves to create separation. I wonder how many times tannehill got sacked waiting for him to get open.

Hartline is decent, but the team ended up paying around $6 million a year for a pretty good receiver, not a whole lot more than that imo.

Interesting. I think everyone of these guys are the big bodied type. Which is what we need

Interesting. I think everyone of these guys are the big bodied type. Which is what we need

Moncrief and Matthews fit the bill, tall and relatively thick, muscular receivers. Bryant is a little more slender but he's a big one at 6-4, 211 lbs.

Nice to hear they're looking at wide receivers. Class is too damn good to ignore.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Moncrief and Matthews fit the bill, tall and relatively thick, muscular receivers. Bryant is a little more slender but he's a big one at 6-4, 211 lbs.

I'd think Philbin/Hickey will be looking rather hard at Matthews. He could be available at 50 and he fits the 'high character' profile that Philbin/Hickey likes.

I would love to get another guy on the outside and maybe find a home for Hartline in the slot and Wallace and Lee on the outside. I like that more than anything. Lee was so good two years ago I think he's been undervalued now.

Hartline is best on the boundary where he makes a living on outs.

Hartline is best on the boundary where he makes a living on outs.

His ability to run outs would be amazing in the slot.

Imagine the combo routes him and Wallace on the same side could run. Wallace runs a post clearing out and Hartline runs a out with nothing but green in front of him.

His ability to run outs would be amazing in the slot.

Imagine the combo routes him and Wallace on the same side could run. Wallace runs a post clearing out and Hartline runs a out with nothing but green in front of him.

I guess that's true i never thought of that

I cannot see us using the #19 overall pick on a WR. Look at all of the hype over Tavon Austin last year...I know I got hooked in with his speed as well, BUT there are a lot of very good WR's who will be there from Round 2 onward, if we go down that road. I think we need a TE before possibly adding another WR.

I cannot see us using the #19 overall pick on a WR. Look at all of the hype over Tavon Austin last year...I know I got hooked in with his speed as well, BUT there are a lot of very good WR's who will be there from Round 2 onward, if we go down that road. I think we need a TE before possibly adding another WR.

Its not that I don't agree but the argument to that is Hartline and Gibson both coming off injuries. Lee two years ago was a top 5 pick. At 19 he's s steal in my mind. Keenan Allen of this year but will be taken in the first.

Back
Top Bottom