Sports Weekly rates top CB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Weekly rates top CB's

I generally agree with the list except I would move Surtain up a bit. I think that Woodson is overrated, but everybody else in that top 5 group is clearly a step above the rest of the league.

i think howard could even be on that list in front of quentin jammer lol AND poole hahaha

TKO said:
This really isn't sour grapes at all, but how in the hell can Winfield be ranked that high. Granted he is a tremendous tackler and great in run support, but his coverage skills leave alot to be desired. I guess if you want an undersized linebacker on the field, Winfield is your man. I like the Bills chances with Vincent replacing stone-hands Winfield.
I loved Winfields potential. Id take him in the long run over Vincent ne day of the week. Vincent has 1 maybe 2 good years left in him(if tht), while Winfield has a career to grow.

''add on to last post''....Im sure glad thts 2 less games we have to play Winfield:cooldude:

I've never been overly impressed with Winfield in coverage. Only averages 1.5 INTs a year. He's hell on wheels as a run defender and a tackler (all 180 pounds of him). I think he's solid overall as a CB. But not elite. I think Clements is the better cover man. Has twice as many INTs in half as many years. Then again, most of them come against the Dolphins. :(

i think a lot of dolphin fans are too hard on madison. dont get me wrong surtain is better now. the problem is pat has gotten soooo much better he has passed sam thus leading everyone to believe that sam is not that good anymore...i'll take our pair over anyone including over any combo of mcallister, woodson, and champ

I was also surprised to see Sammy up so high. We have been spoiled at th CB posisition. We also had #13 Vincent in his prime, one of my favorite players.

agreed on vincent...old #23 won a lot of games for us in those four years. even though that td he got against the chiefs that crackhead atkins pitched to him should not have counted. atkins stepped out of bounds as his momemtum carried him after going for the pick. anyways he plyed great in the thanksgiving leon lett game. that that 31-0 whoopin we gave sd in the playoffs. man i still remember his two picks and keith jackson diving for that ball at the goal line from danny as the half closed

All I gots to say is...

Why isn't Surtain #1? :D
I think Surtain and Bailey are on the same level. Surtain is just a bit better than Mcallister and Ty Law IMO.

btw, Madison > Woodson :D

Fellow Finfans Nate Clements looks great vs us....but any other time he is average!!! He was overrated in college and some of us are doing it again...the guy lacks alot in the coverage Depo.....so I think his place on this list is justified....Winnfield is twice the football player Nate is.....so I think his placement on this list is about right.

its ok so we have the 5th and 7th best corners in the league, pretty good and madison really looked good at the minicamps, if i remember correctly, put howard, poole in there and we are loaded :eek:

DBoston80 said:
Fellow Finfans Nate Clements looks great vs us....but any other time he is average!!! He was overrated in college and some of us are doing it again...the guy lacks alot in the coverage Depo.....so I think his place on this list is justified....Winnfield is twice the football player Nate is.....so I think his placement on this list is about right.

If Winfield is so great, why is it that he averages 1.5 interceptions per year? Winfield is great in run support, but thats a linebackers job. I would rather have a corner who can actually cover somebody, and thats not Winfields strong suit. And you couldn't be more wrong about Clements. He takes chances, so he may get burned now and again, but he is definately a play maker. I'll take him any day of the week over Winfield.

Untrue....Clements is average he just plain lacks ability....nothing wrong with being average......Vincent is good...My point is clements never shuts anyone down..simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom