Sr BOWL GAME NOW! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sr BOWL GAME NOW!

With his performance in practices this past week, I can certainly see Bowe going in the mid 1st round. (16-22)

However, where he can really earn his money is at the combine. I know he can run a solid 4.45. If he runs that he'll solidify his spot as a mid 1st rounder.

As far as his game vs. Ginns...we all know how fast and electrifying Ginn is. But he's still very raw. If he can develop the nuances of playing as a true wide out, then he'll be great.

But as far as route running, getting in and out of your cuts, selling a route, hands and finding a soft spot in a zone, Bowe has Ginn beat.

Ginn has a higher upside, but Bowe will contribute right now and be great.

You know JaMarcus Russell has an unbelievable arm, but you wouldn't believe how many of those throws were to a wide-open Dwayne Bowe.

What would you do @ 9? Trade down for Bowe or take Ginn? I haven't seen them in games since I don't really follow college. I think if we don't go WR in the first round, we're definitely taking a CB.

I don't think so considering Hall only gave up 1 big play when he was covering Ginn; everybody just likes to ignore how he did the rest of the game while he was on Ginn. Same goes for Jarrett; Hall was on Smith most of the game, but when Morgan Trent couldn't cover DJ Hall was put on him (ad gave up 1 big play, but that's it).

You can't look at 1 play, or stats, you've got to lok at ow the two players did going against each other all game.

i did, i watched teh entire game and Ginn continously beat Hall.

What would you do @ 9? Trade down for Bowe or take Ginn? I haven't seen them in games since I don't really follow college. I think if we don't go WR in the first round, we're definitely taking a CB.

If there's a stud like Alan Branch there at 9, I'd take him.

But if the value at 9 to 16 or so is all the same, I'd try my butt off to trade down. I just don't know who would want to trade up.

But I'd trade down and take Dwayne Bowe over risking Ginn at 9. I like them both, but Ginn will be a boom or bust.

What do you guys think about Levi Brown? Mike Mayock seems to think he will go in the top 10. If he indeed is a solid LT, I think he should get strong consideration at #9.

What do you guys think about Levi Brown? Mike Mayock seems to think he will go in the top 10. If he indeed is a solid LT, I think he should get strong consideration at #9.

i agree. how was his year at school? how many sacks did he give up etc etc?

Jamaal brown of hte saints is doing really well and reminds me of Levi as far as size goes. Jamaal is a pro bowler in this 2nd year and doing very damn well.

Waht spot did he go again in round 1? was it top 10?

anyways, how did Levi do today in teh game adn who was he going up againsT? c'mon ppl u watched the game give us updates man im dissapointed.

I know one thing, after watching that Senior Bowl, if I was a 49'ers fan and Mike Nolan was my head coach I'd be awful worried about the future of my team! :lol:

Senior Bowl

I didn't get to watch any of the game.

In your opinion, without regard to where you think they would / should go in the draft...

name your top 5 players on offense and top 5 players on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree. how was his year at school? how many sacks did he give up etc etc?

Jamaal brown of hte saints is doing really well and reminds me of Levi as far as size goes. Jamaal is a pro bowler in this 2nd year and doing very damn well.

Waht spot did he go again in round 1? was it top 10?

anyways, how did Levi do today in teh game adn who was he going up againsT? c'mon ppl u watched the game give us updates man im dissapointed.

Brown went like 13 or 14 in the first round - Saints traded up to get him.

Players looking good:

DT Amobi Okoye (had a great sack and is getting very good penetration)
RB Tony Hunt (a nice TD run and a few other nice runs)
CB Leon Hall (great coverage against Dwayne Bowe 1 on 1 on a deep ball and a nice open field tackle on Tony Hunt)
LB Buster Davis (he's flying around, always around the ball)
FB Brian Leonard (had a nice run on 4th and 2 and a nice FD reception on 4th and a 5 or so)

Players not looking so good:

LB Patrick Willis (getting blown back and blocked a lot)
OT Levi Brown (getting burned on occasion)
QB Troy Smith (not making good decisions or throws

I didn't notice Brown getting burnt but omg how bad is Staley he looks like Wade Smith in the the Indy game. Got His QB killed!!!! 3 Times!!!

Players looking good:

DT Amobi Okoye (had a great sack and is getting very good penetration)
RB Tony Hunt (a nice TD run and a few other nice runs)
CB Leon Hall (great coverage against Dwayne Bowe 1 on 1 on a deep ball and a nice open field tackle on Tony Hunt)
LB Buster Davis (he's flying around, always around the ball)
FB Brian Leonard (had a nice run on 4th and 2 and a nice FD reception on 4th and a 5 or so)

Players not looking so good:

LB Patrick Willis (getting blown back and blocked a lot)
OT Levi Brown (getting burned on occasion)
QB Troy Smith (not making good decisions or throws

Levi Brown was a stud, what the hell were you looking at? I think you are talking about Staley.

he is my number one right now. He is pure LT all the way and gets down field nice too. Shuts off the inside for backside plays with authority.

For me it goes:

Jemarcus Russell - if for some reason hell freezes over and falls to us
Levi Brown
Dwayne Jarrett

That works for me right for now.

I watched the whole game and here is what I got out of it.

Brown- looked like a stud mould get on his guy and once he did would stay with him. Has a real mean streak he was looking to punish the guy in fornt of him on every play and did a decent # of times.

Hunt- ran real well and hard and his only downfall is he doesnt have the speed torun away on one play he a tackle on the outside and got the sideline but didnt have the speed to out run a corner who had an angle. Looks like he will be a solid back.

Stanton- I liked his performance today alot he made a nice throw on the run. He was calm and was really showing his arm I think this guy could be a great QB with the right coaching if we could get him in the 3rd great if not trade down in the 2nd to get him later and add a pick.

Pat Willis- was all over the field he had something like 8.5 tackles at half time wen blocked he was taken adavantage of but i think the tackles proves he a player.

Leon Hall- I wasnt a big draft hall fan still dont know if I am but if we picked him i would be less nervous. He made a few nice open field tackles, and made a great play one on one with Bowe. I still dont know about his speed because Bowe isnt all that fast.

Meriweather- This guy was all over the field. He made a couple huge sticks that showed even though he is a little light he can lay the wood. He even made a great play on a ball thrown by Palko into the endzone. He knocked away wat was a sure Touchdown while lined up at corner.

Griffin- same thing as meriweather without the ball skills but he was everywere on the field. They both cover a lot of ground.

Kareem Brown- This guy was unmovable I even saw a couple of time were he drove the gaurds 5-6 yards into the backfieldin just a straight bullrush. Could be a quality later round guy to be a run stuffer.

Missipi St DT- I forgot the name Antonio soimething but he was constantly blocked by two offensive lineman and then could not move him. He has really impressed all week and showed in the game.

Okoye- THis guy may not be 300 lbs but he can ball. He had a sack early on were he made a great rip with his right arm under the gaurd. He is unbelievably quick in his moves whether its a spin or rip and I seriously wouldnt be supriesed to here us call his name at 9. He might be short but tommie harris is that same type of player but it will all depends on Okoye's 40 and agility if he runs under 4.9 we have to serioulsy consider him.

Carriker- This guy is just a hell of a player and he has the stregnth ans speed to be a dominant 3-4 DE i jus hope he doesnt end up on any of the teams in our division besides us but we will not get him.

Buster Davis-all over the field today and showed he is great against the run. Great player undersized and not too great in coverage but he might be a guy similair to zach thomas. He is going to be picked later because of the fact he is 5'9"

Juwan Simpson- Just a guy wh I saw flying around the ball alot when he was in made some good plays and was decent in coverage but I dont no alot about him.

I could go on forever witha ll the names but I think this is good fro now. If you want to know about a specific player just aske me just message me and I will let you know.

For those of you who also watched what do you thik about my critiques?

Levi Brown thats the player I want. What a thought both Ricky and Ronnie able to run behind both sides of the line.

Brown Bad??

You guys who are saying Levi Brown is getting burned and looks bad are crazy! I watched him the whole game and he dominated, got to the second level alot and played with and mean streak and finished the plays. Brown at #9 baby!

Back
Top Bottom