St. Louis Dispatch: Long checked out "fine" physically, no "red flag" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

St. Louis Dispatch: Long checked out "fine" physically, no "red flag"

Some have suggested rotating Martin with Long or signing both Long and Winston. Martin was a second round pick and a good RT as a rookie. He will be starting at RT if we sign Long and if we don't, Martin will start at either tackle depending on who Ireland signs or drafts. Martin is a starter. If Long is signed we won't sign Winston. We will focus on our guard play in the draft IMO.

For the right price, sure, bring Boselli Jr. back. But don't think for a minute that it means that LT/RT isn't still a need. The guy is falling apart (yeah, I read the first post, and I remember reading the same thing last year), so it's time to find his or Martin's replacement (at RT). Luckily, it doesn't take a first round pick to do that, despite what some think.

If the dolphins didn't like him we wouldn't be after him. Players are trying to recruit him so I am sure they are trying to give hints that JAKE YOUR TO ****ING EXPENSIVE! Jake Long has been here in Miami longer than most of these guys. He is also the only jersey I have ever owned for the Miami Dolphins or just sports in General( I am only 22). I really like Jake Long and have a lot of respect for him because he was the only real top tier athlete we had for the longest. But the reality is that this is the second season where he ended it early on an injury as well as being injured through out the season. And he doesn't fit the zone passing scheme we are becoming. Also when Jonathan Martin
replaced him at LT there wasn't to many plays where you noticed the difference. Except that 49ers game when he got ran the **** over LOL. But seriously it was his first year and he improved!

But if you watch Jake through the games he is getting slower... A lot slower. And who is to say how long he will last next year before getting injured again. It will happen, especially with this schemed offense. I love Jake Long and I want him back BUT only for the right price. We need to continue this YOUNG recruiting and drafting process. We were a GOOD 7-9 last year with SO MUCH potential. We can find a decent replacement in the draft maybe even a stronger Jonathan Martin. Or maybe JM gets a bit stronger. Either way I don't think our OL is as big of an issue than most people put it out to be. I am more worried about Lamar Miller carrying the weight( which I think he can) and our CB situation.

tell me again which patriots olineman makes 8 million to protect Brady. Tell me which one makes 8 on the ravens to protect there Superbowl winning QB? In fact find me a playoff team from last year and tell me how many 8 million dollar olinemen they had...

I'll wait
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Well Matt Light and Mankins are making big money on that line both are 7 and 6 mil versus the cap. Please
Don't act like they don't pay their linemen

Back
Top Bottom