Starting C & LB for less than Hunt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting C & LB for less than Hunt

rlandn

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
At this point, this is good business.
Now re-sign Lamm, add a 8-10/yr DT and we are ready for the draft.
There we can add another OL, DT and CB/S.
We can then fill in rest of roster with lower end FA (pass rush/WR).
We will be fine, should be as good as this year, hopefully better luck with injuries.
By end of year Phillips and Chubb should be back contributing and we could
make some noise.
PS, glad we didn’t pay 12-15 for the likes of Queen, would have been a waste.
I am optimistic, hope I’m right….

It seems like Grier knew he could free up 30 million but he also knew we were going to have 10 holes. So he couldn't pay a DT $27 mil or a guard $20 mil. Needed to spread that freed up money. Got a couple LBers, a center and a TE. Still a bunch of holes to go, safety, guard DT, WR3, etc

It seems like Grier knew he could free up 30 million but he also knew we were going to have 10 holes. So he couldn't pay a DT $27 mil or a guard $20 mil. Needed to spread that freed up money. Got a couple LBers, a center and a TE. Still a bunch of holes to go, safety, guard DT, WR3, etc
I think at this time they will use their first two picks in the draft on another offensive lineman and a DT.
There are a lot of good safeties available in free agency and I suspect they will try to find one to start next to Holland.

I agree they need to find a quality WR3 but unless they can find the money to sign one in free agency, they will have to be very lucky to find a quality WR3 with their picks in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.

Finding another quality WR probably won’t happen until the 2025 draft.

Can we bring Connor Williams back as a Guard? What about Raekwon Davis? I’m not a huge fan of his but is he still around? Anyone left from the 2020 draft besides Tua and our LS for that matter?
They can bring Williams back but it appears the signing of a center probably ends Williams career in Miami. Coming off a torn ACL, Williams probably will miss the early part of next season. I just don’t think they want to
pay him the money he’s looking for and that’s why they opted to sign the center from the Titans.

To me signing Davis would only be a last resort. I don’t think they see him as anymore than a backup DT and not as a starter who could take over for Wilkins. The player who will eventually replace Wilkins isn’t presently on the roster.

Can we bring Connor Williams back as a Guard? What about Raekwon Davis? I’m not a huge fan of his but is he still around? Anyone left from the 2020 draft besides Tua and our LS for that matter?
Austin Jackson had a good season and has a good future.

I think at this time they will use their first two picks in the draft on another offensive lineman and a DT.
There are a lot of good safeties available in free agency and I suspect they will try to find one to start next to Holland.

I agree they need to find a quality WR3 but unless they can find the money to sign one in free agency, they will have to be very lucky to find a quality WR3 with their picks in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round.

Don’t be shocked with a big time WR at 21.

Maybe Smith will be used as a hybrid TE, slot WR

Don’t be shocked with a big time WR at 21.
I would be surprised with them picking a WR in round 1 unless they are able to add a few more starting caliber offensive linemen before the draft.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I think the OL and DT positions are bigger needs than a 3rd WR. Depending on what happens with the safety position in free agency and the CB position. I can see them drafting a safety or CB in round 1 before they would draft a WR.

I’ll stick with my earlier prediction that the Dolphins won’t use a high draft pick on a WR until the 2025 draft but anything can happen on draft night.

Back
Top Bottom