Starting C & LB for less than Hunt | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting C & LB for less than Hunt

I would argue one step further than that; their contracts are shorter and have less guaranteed money as well. That means we get players while they are in their prime and have the ability to move on if things don’t work out. You give Hunt (who will be 28 in August) a 5 year $100M deal and you are stuck with him at least 3 years. If they have to rework his money, probably 4 or even 5 years at massive cap hits. These mid-tier contracts are the back bone of a roster.
This point has apparently flown over the head of half this place

Overall a pretty decent first day of Free Agency. The next couple of days should be interesting......

Also noticed not a lot of movement from the other AFC East teams. We must all be looking for the "blue light specials" (that is a K-Mart reference for all you kids out there)

A couple of things....we got better at LB for sure. I agree it was going to be hard keeping our guys at those prices.....the one I thought we might keep was AVG and I'd have paid that much to keep him but I understand why we didn’t.

Now on to the comp picks......started out by having 2 3rds plus a 5th and a 6th.....we already lost the last two....I thought we'd go for players that have been cut and might still do that.....whatever we do now we MUST keep those 2 3rd round comp picks.

Can we bring Connor Williams back as a Guard? What about Raekwon Davis? I’m not a huge fan of his but is he still around? Anyone left from the 2020 draft besides Tua and our LS for that matter?
Williams is not coming back. Relationship is done between he & FO, he’s not healthy, seeking a large contract and is coming off of multiple torn acls the past two years.

Guys calm down I think we will be fine! I am glad we didn't overpay for the guys we lost. It is like your parents asking you do you want the new car or the week vacation of your choice. We chose the new car and now we can't take the expensive vacation!! It is ok and we knew this day was coming!

If we can re-sign Connor Williams to play OG at a discount that might be a good idea.
Connor Williams was a LT in college and a LG for the Cowboys. The only place where he's played center is here. He can absolutely kick back out and I'd prefer to see him back at LG.

Back
Top Bottom