Starting to like Eifert over Austin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting to like Eifert over Austin

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
I have been all over Austin as he has shown great explosiveness and the ability to score from anywhere and from any position.......Recently, I have been checking out Eifert. If we take him at 12 we could also get another great slot guy in Swope at 2a or even 2b. Then use our other 2nd on a tackle or CB.......... I would rather have Eifert and Swope than Austin and Ertz. I think this day and age, the way the NFL has changed, we can find an adequate tackle from a 2nd, 3rd, or even a 4th round pick as they seem "less" important to a Super Bowl winning team. I know many of you guys want a LT with our 1st pick, but I think Jeffy, with his job on the line, will not do it. Sexy sells, and a LT does not... Worst case scenario is that we do draft a tackle in the later rounds and sign Winston.........Just my opinion; what do you guys think???

Believe it or not, I would actually take Eifert... I never would have said that 2 months ago, but after our recent FA pickups it would seem to make sense. Look at all your better teams, most of them have a respectable if not really good tight end. To me it's worth it if he lives up to his potential and is set at the position for awhile. It's been a long time since we've had a TE that other teams had to respect. He not only would solve the seam threat issue we've had for awhile, but would also give us a nice red zone target which we are sorely lacking. A top flight TE would just about complete our offense.

Eifert might be the way to go . If we trade back and get more pics . There are alot of good players in this draft and with a cpl more picks we can fill pretty much all our needs .

I like Eifert and wouldn't be upset w/ that pick, but drafting Austin and then Kelce w/ either our late 2nd or 3rd round picks would make me pretty darn happy too.

He would be another great option at 12. Helping RT out with a reliable target would only be a smart move.

We could easily still use FA to fill a couple immediate needs with J.Abraham and E.Winston/T.Clabo.

I'd much rather have Eifert and Swope than Austin and Kelcie. X 1000

For me.....Eifert has been the pick all along.With Keller/Eifert,we'll have our own Gronkowski/Hernandez safety valves for Tanney.There is NO "CAN'T MISS" pick......but this is as close as you'll get to it!!!

For me.....Eifert has been the pick all along.With Keller/Eifert,we'll have our own Gronkowski/Hernandez safety valves for Tanney.There is NO "CAN'T MISS" pick......but this is as close as you'll get to it!!!

I agree. Look at what the Colts did with Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener. Pats with Gronk and Hernandez. Vikings trying to help Ponder by loading up TE's. Bears same thing..

Eifert and Keller make Tannehill a top 15 qb out of the gate

Even last year we moved the ball between the 20's. Are defence allowed teams to move between the 20's but did a very good job keeping them out of the endzone. Presently we have greatly improved our abiltiy to move between the 20;s and an ability to score from deep but have not greatly improved inside the 20 offence-so I also think Eifert is the guy. His supposed weakness-lacking great speed does not matter close to endzone-his height and incredible ability to snatch the ball up high fit perfect.

I like Eifert, I really do. But I think Austin/ Ertz is better than Eifert /Swope - I would be thrilled either way. But I don't see Eifert that much higher than Ertz. I see Austin much higher than Swope.

I like Eifert, I really do. But I think Austin/ Ertz is better than Eifert /Swope - I would be thrilled either way. But I don't see Eifert that much higher than Ertz. I see Austin much higher than Swope.

I don't really disagree w/ you but I can't imagine a situation where Ertz falls all the way to us at 44. We would probably have to trade back into the mid to high 20s to grab Ertz after taking Austin at 12, and I'm not sure if we would be able to do that without giving up both 2nd rounders... If we can get from 44 to say 30 and give up something like a 3rd and a 4th then we might be talkin.

I just think that Eifert is a pick that we won't regret at 12. I love his skill set long term and his immediate impact would be huge. Putting Eifert in the slot or at TE on the field at the same time as Wallace, Hartline and Keller with Miller in the backfield gives us the ability to attack every single area of the field and creates huge matchup problems for defenses. I didn't even mention the possibility of having Eifert at TE and Bess in the slot with Wallace and Hartline or Gibson outside, and I'm salivating about the potential of these offensive sets.
If we can nab Eifert at 12 and then fill out our needs at cb, ot, pass rusher, and rb with our next 4 picks I will be a very happy man.

Back
Top Bottom