Starting to like Eifert over Austin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Starting to like Eifert over Austin

Sometimes the draft just falls your way. That's Miami this year with Tyler Eifert.

Ireland doesn't need to do a thing at #12. Just sit back and add high quality talent to the roster. Don't over think it.

Don't think Keller was our first choice because he isn't a great red zone threat, eifert would sort that. Count me as one who would have him as my first choice.

Sometimes the draft just falls your way. That's Miami this year with Tyler Eifert.

Ireland doesn't need to do a thing at #12. Just sit back and add high quality talent to the roster. Don't over think it.

Amen.

I like Eifort as well. Have for a while. With the projected picks I don't see anyone else worth the 12th pick. We can get the other peices later in the draft.

Welcome aboard. The Eifert/Swope train adds explosiveness and speed to 2 positions, but also will score more TD's. Eifert is the very best red zone TE in this draft. He has length and lift to go over DB's with ease. He is the best catcher in traffic in this draft as well. Put the ball on his hands and it's a touchdown, and Tannehill has shown that he has consistent pinpoint accuracy. Not to mention that Eifert is fast and runs a great seam route. He is a no-risk throw on the seam route too, because he's strong enough to survive the jostling down the deep middle without being bounced away and allowing an INT. He is taller and longer to create a bigger throwing window for Tannehill. He adjusts to the ball in the air very well, so even errant throws are caught or knocked down. And, he is so good at catching in traffic that your completion percentage at those big chunk plays will rise dramatically. Nobody cares how fast you were if you drop the ball.

Eifert is going to join the group of elite TE's in this league. I hope it's as a Miami Dolphin. He reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.

Welcome aboard. The Eifert/Swope train adds explosiveness and speed to 2 positions, but also will score more TD's. Eifert is the very best red zone TE in this draft. He has length and lift to go over DB's with ease. He is the best catcher in traffic in this draft as well. Put the ball on his hands and it's a touchdown, and Tannehill has shown that he has consistent pinpoint accuracy. Not to mention that Eifert is fast and runs a great seam route. He is a no-risk throw on the seam route too, because he's strong enough to survive the jostling down the deep middle without being bounced away and allowing an INT. He is taller and longer to create a bigger throwing window for Tannehill. He adjusts to the ball in the air very well, so even errant throws are caught or knocked down. And, he is so good at catching in traffic that your completion percentage at those big chunk plays will rise dramatically. Nobody cares how fast you were if you drop the ball.

Eifert is going to join the group of elite TE's in this league. I hope it's as a Miami Dolphin. He reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.

Eiifert and Swope tearing up the middle with Wallace and Hartline and going down the flanks..... man thats a beautiful (and scary) thought.

Give me Eifert over Austin any day of the week. Maybe less fancy highlights but Eifert will contribute every down whether he is blocking, going down the field or catching in the red zone.

I see the Gonzalez comparison but he reminds me more of Jason Witten.

I could live with Eifert at #12....I don't think Eifert or Ertz will be around when we pick again at 2A. Many people like us taking Travis Kelce in round three, but some other team might grab him. There are more high quality WR's out there this year than top TE's, so I think Eifert could be the pick if we go with Offense in the first. I have a feeling a team like the Rams takes Austin in the first to replace Amendola/Gibson.

If Eifert is such a good red zone TE, why did he score so few TDs at Notre Dame (4 in 2011 and 5 in 2012)? I'm not against taking him at 12, just curious about the circumstances around his relatively average red zone production in college.

If Eifert is such a good red zone TE, why did he score so few TDs at Notre Dame (4 in 2011 and 5 in 2012)? I'm not against taking him at 12, just curious about the circumstances around his relatively average red zone production in college.

This is just my opinion, but Notre Dame's qbs were horrid.

He would be another great option at 12. Helping RT out with a reliable target would only be a smart move.

We could easily still use FA to fill a couple immediate needs with J.Abraham and E.Winston/T.Clabo.

Now were talking i love ur draft picks there , if it came close to them picks, New England will have to take a back seat cus will be right on the driver side ....

Draft >
1. T.Eifert TE
2. E.Lacy RB
2. J.Poyer CB
3. R.Swoop WR
3. C.Washington DE
4. B.Williams OT
5. B.McGee CB
6. D.Hopkins K
7. T.Hawkinson OT

FA signing J.Abraham DE

Well dcnr226 beat me to it, but Notre Dame's QB's were atrocious. They had one "passing" QB who was poor, and one "running" QB who was downright terrible. Those guys couldn't put the ball anywhere consistently, which is one of the reasons we know Eifert is so good at adjusting to bad throws ... because he had to adjust to so many bad throws at Notre Dame.

Additionally, Notre Dame's coach Kelly prefers an exciting open offense, but he didn't have the personnel to make it work last year. So, he played to his team's strength, the defense. He went for ball control and used an explosive runner as his QB to try and generate chunk yardage that way. It was successful. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade ... even if you want rum and soda. Notre Dame's QB's were two flavors of lemons.

I want Austin but would be ok with Eifert as long as they pick up another receiver, who has some good speed/ play making ability, with one of their first 4 picks. CB, DE, TE, WR, then OT should be the priorities with the first 5 picks.

Back
Top Bottom