Stephen Ross and CBA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross and CBA

cuban_refugee

Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day
Club Member
Reaction score
Apparently Ross (along with Kraft from NE) are the two owners that are having issues with the current proposal for the new CBA. Just read it in Rotoworld. Not sure if this is will be a big hold up, or they just need clarification on a few things. Let's hope it's the latter.

Apparently Ross (along with Kraft from NE) are the two owners that are having issues with the current proposal for the new CBA. Just read it in Rotoworld. Not sure if this is will be a big hold up, or they just need clarification on a few things. Let's hope it's the latter.

Given Ross's wherewithal in past football matters he really should just sit down and shut the **** up.

Ross and Kraft basically want a contingency that if the revenues go down because of an economic downturn, that the salary cap will go down so that expenses don't overrun revenue. The players have wanted, and seem like they will probably get, an contingency that if revenue is higher than expected, the salary cap will go up, so this seems to be fair to me.

Ross and Kraft basically want a contingency that if the revenues go down because of an economic downturn, that the salary cap will go down so that expenses don't overrun revenue. The players have wanted, and seem like they will probably get, an contingency that if revenue is higher than expected, the salary cap will go up, so this seems to be fair to me.
I always like when the cap goes up (every year) because the Dolphins can get more/better players.So obviously I am cool with the cap rising.

But if the league is losing money, there is no reason why what Ross is saying should not be accepted.

My only problem is who will be in charge of making these predictions? Because what was just a guess will now need more accuracy because there is now money on the line.

Fair, but it begs the question as to why the owners are pursuing this angle of "pegging the cap" rather than simply negotiating a percentage revenue split. If you set a percentage then the players share in the upside and they share in the downside, and it's a lot simpler way of doing it.

Fair, but it begs the question as to why the owners are pursuing this angle of "pegging the cap" rather than simply negotiating a percentage revenue split. If you set a percentage then the players share in the upside and they share in the downside, and it's a lot simpler way of doing it.

who knows why anyone does what they do? I honestly am not following the lockout closely anymore, it's just too boring to spend the time or energy on it.

I really do not like Stephen Ross.

right or wrong - who is this guy? he acts like he is some big-shot in the Football world. hes a goon.

right or wrong - who is this guy? he acts like he is some big-shot in the Football world. hes a goon.

Ross is a billionaire that owns a NFL team, which there are only 32 of. He has every right to have an opinion on this matter. His opinion matters just as much as any other owner in the league.

He's a good businessman, who wants his investment in the team to pay off. He's not a goon, he's just not being stupid, and is protecting his investment. You don't become a multi billionaire without doing that.

Back
Top Bottom