Stephen Ross and CBA | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross and CBA

He's a good businessman, who wants his investment in the team to pay off. He's not a goon, he's just not being stupid, and is protecting his investment. You don't become a multi billionaire without doing that.

You're right on. Besides, it's better for EVERYONE (owners, players, league, and fans) if this CBA has a better financial model than it's predecessor. They could play under this agreement for the next 20 years if there's more comprehensive contingencies.

I always like when the cap goes up (every year) because the Dolphins can get more/better players.So obviously I am cool with the cap rising.

You do realize the cap goes up for EVERY team. Making it easier for teams to KEEP the players they have, meaning less free agency movement!

WOW!!

It was reported that Ross is the second wealthiest owner behind Paul Allen in Seattle. His net wealth has gone down with the recession and the impact on property development but what many don't understand is that he can buy and sell many of the other owners, including Jerry Jones.

How is it that Kraft is having issues with the deal, he's the leader of the labor negotiating committee for the owners. He's been at every player/owners meeting negotiating the parameters of the deal...this makes no sense to me.

In any case we should find out today or tomorrow if things will progress on their current course or if things will regress significantly once the owners have met and discussed what progress has been made. If the owners aren't onboard then all progress will probably be scrapped and we're back to square one. The likelihood of football this season will be in serious jeopardy.

Somehow Ross grows more hate-able every day. He's a ****ing scumbag and dark days are ahead for this team under his ownership.

Somehow Ross grows more hate-able every day. He's a ****ing scumbag and dark days are ahead for this team under his ownership.

I think that you are misinterpreting things. He is asking some valid business questions pertaining to his asset that is valued at hundreds of millions of dollars - that doesn't make him a scumbag.
Reality is that he doesn't profess to be a football expert and personally get into the player acquisitions like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder. He is still learning to be a good owner. Last year was a disappointing season and he is holding Sparano and Ireland accountable. There is nothing wrong with him putting some pressure on his key football people. If they don't get performance improvement, they will be gone and others will be given an opportunity. That doesn't make him a scumbag.

You do realize the cap goes up for EVERY team. Making it easier for teams to KEEP the players they have, meaning less free agency movement!

WOW!!
You do realize that's not something to get so worked up over, right? Wowza.

You do realize that FA decisions by the players aren't always over whether their current teams are willing to resign them? For example, another team may now be able and willing to pay a player more than the current team.

That being said, I don't think it impacts FA all that much. Teams find ways to sign FA's regardless of the cap. A rising cap just means the players get a bigger piece of the pie.

You do realize that's not something to get so worked up over, right? Wowza.

You do realize that FA decisions by the players aren't always over whether their current teams are willing to resign them? For example, another team may now be able and willing to pay a player more than the current team.

That being said, I don't think it impacts FA all that much. Teams find ways to sign FA's regardless of the cap. A rising cap just means the players get a bigger piece of the pie.

Who's worked up? Just making an observation.

And have you ever heard of the "Franchise Tag"....give teams more cap room they are more likely to franchise quality players preventing them from hitting Free Agency.

Back
Top Bottom