Sterling Sharpe Said Randy Most Resembles His Brother Today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sterling Sharpe Said Randy Most Resembles His Brother Today

BlitPhinFan said:
Well the compairison is what threw me. If you would have compaired him to an accused wife-beater then I would not have jumped on it. My appologies. I was just trying to make a point.

No biggie. I probably shoulda kept my big mouth shut anyway. Squashed.

NY_FinFan_72 said:
No biggie. I probably shoulda kept my big mouth shut anyway. Squashed.

Nah, you should never keep your mouth shut. It's all the different views of life that make boards like these a learning experience for everyone that doesn't walk in your shoes. Well, those that are willing to have an open mind anyway.

Randy has a concentration problem. He loses focus too easily. If he can focus better (and keep that ever growing mouth shut and concentrate on the game) he can be an absolutely dominant TE.

I believe Randy will shine this year. Frerrotte is already falling in love with him. and if he is falling in love, you know Feeley will too. Randy had 71 receptions last year on a crappy *** offense that couldnt even line up straight and get out of there damn stance!

As far as the wife beating thing, there are pieces to this case that noone knows about and probably for good reason. If Saban is backing him up and chambers, i believe that this thing is not as big as it was made out to be. Me thinks his wife is after the big payoff! she is waitng for that big contract and now he is going to make her wait even longer.

IMO, Shannon Sharpe was the greatest TE in NFL history. He runs laps around the likes of Tony Gonzalez today. Randy would need about 10 all-star seasons to mirror that comparison....having said that, I think he's a stellar prospect and a great weapon for us.

Look at Sterlings #s' and you will see he was not that impressive early in his career! Randy could out-shine Sterling if he keeps himself out of trouble and works on the little things that make a good player great!

T.Gonz will blow sterling out of the water if he stays healthy a few more years. Sharpe had other weapons to help ease the pressure, where Gonzo is covered by the best defender and doubled most of the time and even tripled at times. Look at the #s' and the teams each have been on. # of pro bowls?

Shannon was just so agile and quick. It is refreshing though that Shannon's own brother made those comments. Randy is more of a run-you-over instead of run around you kind of guy. Shannon was both.

finfan54 said:
I believe Randy will shine this year. Frerrotte is already falling in love with him. and if he is falling in love, you know Feeley will too. Randy had 71 receptions last year on a crappy *** offense that couldnt even line up straight and get out of there damn stance!

As far as the wife beating thing, there are pieces to this case that noone knows about and probably for good reason. If Saban is backing him up and chambers, i believe that this thing is not as big as it was made out to be. Me thinks his wife is after the big payoff! she is waitng for that big contract and now he is going to make her wait even longer.

Randy will be ok. Good player, for the most part a nice guy...just in a bad marriage which is leading to some anger and domestic issues. If he's lucky it will blow over, and he can and will focus on his game. He is not a monster, he does suck his thumb when he goes to sleep, after all! :shakeno: :rofl3: :lol: :eek:

Randy has the skills to be one of the top TE's in the league. Although there were some untimely drops last year, up until then he has been pretty reliable. I still remember one game where Fiedler threw to him EVERY play to drive all the way down the field in the fourth quarter on a game-winning drive.

He has a knack for getting open... and more importantly does great things with the ball once it is in his hands. He can make people miss, and run them over, plus he fights really hard for those last couple of yards (and usually gets them)... especially if it is close to a first down or TD.

In the right offense he could be among the league leaders in statistics for TE's and will likely see a pro bowl before his career is over. (as long as he stays out of trouble)

SCall13 said:
Randy has a concentration problem. He loses focus too easily. If he can focus better (and keep that ever growing mouth shut and concentrate on the game) he can be an absolutely dominant TE.
If he's going to be the next Sterling Sharpe then the mouth will just keep on growing and growing.

popularwar said:
If he's going to be the next Sterling Sharpe then the mouth will just keep on growing and growing.

Remember, Sterling Sharpe was a mediocre receiver and Shannon was the great TE

Mcmicahel is a very talented player but he has a LONG way to go to be as good as Shannon Sharpe and getting arrested every offseason isn't going to help him elevate his game.

After the first incident with the wife, whatever it was, Randy should have ended it there.....I can foresee more problems with this woman (not saying it's her fault...)...

Randy is a beast though, I love it when the Fins call plays for him, hopefully he'll have an 80 catch season for us....Shannon was the man though, smart, strong, athletic, and a will to win....Randy could get there if he wants it.

Back
Top Bottom