Stop mentioning cutting Incognito!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop mentioning cutting Incognito!!!

I say we'd be risking a lot in losing him because he helps us win "now" while if we draft a cheaper guard I doubt he would have a better year than cogs would even though he might be better down the line.

Mitch I respect your different view as always. This is the same Oline that had Ryan getting battered and beaten all last year. I like Richie as well but I question if he is the right fit here now.

We had issues this year no question. I don't think Cog was it though. Jerry did his best and was our best option but hes still way to slow and Martin for all the praise he gets on this forum was absolutely putrid at times this year. On top of that Jake had a down year (and yes I'm still a fan).

I predict he'll be gone simply because in my opinion he's not a Philbin guy. The $4 mill we save is a bonus.

he's overpaid but he's probably a year away from being purged from the roster...

Since when do probowl guards get cut for 4 mil in salary cap space? I think anyone who mentions him being a cap casualty should stop making off season scenario suggestions.

Or am I the dumb one? Has there been mention of this by our front office?
:hclap: Illscriptures just had a MrEd moment back in November when I posted a thread like this about all the LET LONG WALK madness and I had one of these STOP IT!!! Moments too. Haha :up:

In fact, I have a numbers breakdown thread lurking around where Incognito was actually our 3rd best OL after Pouncey and Long. The 3 that had "positive" numbers overall, with Jerry being "ok" in pass protection, blowing in run blocking, and Martin "ok" in run blocking and blowing in pass protection being the "worse" of the OL in pass protection mind you and everyone wants Long gone and Martin to take the torch. ROFL

if miami uses a top 15 pick on a guard like womack or cooper they'll likely move cog to right guard (where he's a mch better fit athletically b/t) and move jerry to the bench as a rotational olineman with right tackle versatility

if miami uses a top 15 pick on a guard like womack or cooper they'll likely move cog to right guard (where he's a mch better fit athletically b/t) and move jerry to the bench as a rotational olineman with right tackle versatility

That's actually what I would like. John Jerry then falls into the Nate Garner backup G/T role with Samuda backing up at C and Yeatman the athletic developmental OT in the making.

Long, Warmack, Pouncey, Incognito, and Martin would be nice to throw/run behind. :D

Yeatman at OT? I never thought of that.

the NFL is getting more and more faster, athletic. These young college OL guys are gonna be taking over eventually. Personally i wouldnt mind having an Andy Levitre come in and compete with Incognito for OG.

Agree. He should moved to the right side.

Sign Levitre in FA or draft Cooper or warmack at 12 (cant believe I'm even saying that).
With some injuries and medical red flags to some of the top prospects, there will probably be a run on the top 5 OL in the first
10-12 picks (joeckl, fisher, Johnson, warmack and Cooper).

Here's a question for everyone:
Would you prefer a Volmer/warmack or Cooper tandem
Or a Levitre/Lane Johnson combo?

Back
Top Bottom