Subject Change: Who's washed up? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Subject Change: Who's washed up?

WitheringPlant said:
That because he was used as an endzone back for the beggining of the year. He was at something like 3/4 in the first 3 games.
But he also only had a handful of carries in those first few games so it would only weigh down his YPC accordingly

Jerry Rice...he should have quit before the `04 season, he did nothing for the Raiders or Seaducks last year.
Kurt Warner
Eddie George...is he even on a roster still.
Wayne Chrebet
Rob Konrad...wait, he already quit.
Drew Bledsoe
Kordell Stewart...see Eddie George.
Junior Seau...he`s got ALOT to prove to Miami in `05.
Troy Brown...not a starter anymore, can he make it as DB? No!
Charles Rogers...we`re still waiting to see him play half of one season.
Tim Couch...again, is he even on a roster somewhere?

Boik14 said:
Jerome Bettis (cant believe no one said him yet)
I couldn't believe how well he did as a part time starter last seaon, dude only started 6 games and still nearly gained a 1000 yards. He may not be the starter, but I don't think he can be considered to be washed up either, he'll be more productive in a back up role than probably 1/4 of this years starters.

Wildbill3 said:
I couldn't believe how well he did as a part time starter last seaon, dude only started 6 games and still nearly gained a 1000 yards. He may not be the starter, but I don't think he can be considered to be washed up either, he'll be more productive in a back up role than probably 1/4 of this years starters.
True but hes effective because hes a backup. Duce Staley is nothing spectacular yet he took Bettis' spot cause hes old and cant start anymore for a full season.

Brian F'ing Griese, he shows a glimpse of brilliance every where he goes but lets face it, he will never be anything more than a flash in the pan type QB where ever he goes. Guranteed TB will pick top 5 next year.

Hines Ward has seen his zenith and his pitfall is imminent, I may catch some flack for this one but this guy is OLD.

a few more....

- Trent Green (how god do you have to be to run this offense? oh well he still sucks)
- Edgerrin James
- Terrel Owens
- Matt Hassellbeck
- Tiki Barber

I just tried to name the ones that come to mind that no one else has mentioned (as far as i know)

Boik14 said:
He also only averaged 3.8ypc behind 1 of the best run blocking OL's in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2354&out
only 3.8? hmmm, so every time he touched the ball 3 times he got a first down right? Oh, and you are factoring in the whole season, where in the beginning before duce went down, bettis only got the rock on short yardage situation. IN his back-up role he would have something like 6 carris for 5 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns. :lol:

well, lets look up his stats shall we?

CAT G Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1st
SEPTEMBER GAMES 3 12 13 1.1 4 3 3
OCTOBER GAMES 4 40 116 2.9 29 5 8
NOVEMBER GAMES 4 122 481 3.9 24 3 21
DECEMBER GAMES 4 76 331 4.4 23 2 18

Wildbill3 said:
only 3.8? hmmm, so every time he touched the ball 3 times he got a first down right? Oh, and you are factoring in the whole season, where in the beginning before duce went down, bettis only got the rock on short yardage situation. IN his back-up role he would have something like 6 carris for 5 yards and 2 or 3 touchdowns. :lol:

well, lets look up his stats shall we?

SEPTEMBER GAMES 3 12 13 1.1 4 3 3
OCTOBER GAMES 4 40 116 2.9 29 5 8
NOVEMBER GAMES 4 122 481 3.9 24 3 21
DECEMBER GAMES 4 76 331 4.4 23 2 18
He was unproductive as a back up. The 6 carries weighs no differently then his 6 longest runs of the year. Maybe if he had played better the year before as starter he wouldnt have been demoted.

Boik14 said:
He was unproductive as a back up. The 6 carries weighs no differently then his 6 longest runs of the year. Maybe if he had played better the year before as starter he wouldnt have been demoted.
So, sorry you don't agree, if you look at his stats last year you would have to be a moron to think he was in decline, if you were to go by the year before or the year before that... (devil stats...666) then yeah I could see where you would get that opinion. Sorry but you just threw his name out there without doing any research, or were you making another prediction?:shakeno:

Wildbill3 said:
So, sorry you don't agree, if you look at his stats last year you would have to be a moron to think he was in decline, if you were to go by the year before or the year before that... (devil stats...666) then yeah I could see where you would get that opinion. Sorry but you just threw his name out there without doing any research, or were you making another prediction?:shakeno:
I put that out there having done research. You go from all pro to back up? Thats severe decline regardless of how you spin it. And its nothing to be ashamed of; it happens to older players and especially RBs. he happens to be one of my fave players but to deny that hes not nearly the player he was in disturbing. During his better years Duce Staley would have seen 5 carries a game at best.

Boik14 said:
I put that out there having done research. You go from all pro to back up? Thats severe decline regardless of how you spin it. And its nothing to be ashamed of; it happens to older players and especially RBs. he happens to be one of my fave players but to deny that hes not nearly the player he was in disturbing. During his better years Duce Staley would have seen 5 carries a game at best.
I think Duce was a bad choice for them personally, he has never shown himself to be all that durable, unlike bettis, I really think Pitt should've looked somewhere else for a starter if they have no faith in bettis, I am willing to bet Bill was doing his best homer impression when bettis tore it up at the end of the year...

How could anyone forget....Kurt Warner!!

he was done 1 year before he left the Rams...actually he only had 2 or 3 good years.

I forgot, the man with more Touchdowns than yards.... Jerome Bettis!!!! He was a fluke last year.

Here's the list of almost all of the players mention:

Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, Vinny Testaverde, Rich Gannon, Steve McNair, Drew Bledsoe, Amani Toomer, Doug Flutie, Marcellus Wiley, Warren Sapp, Kurt Warner, Eddie George, Mark Brunell, Jake Plummer, Sam Cowart, Keyshawn Johnson, Kyle Turley, Tim Bowens, Junior Seau, Marshall Faulk, John Lynch, Charles Woodson, Deion Sanders, Rod Dayne (Bust?), Mike Alstott, Gary Andersen, Morten Andersen, Brock Marion, Ted Washington, Terrell Buckley, Wade Smith, Jerome Bettis, Jimmy Smith, Wayne Chrebet, Peter Boulware, Rod Smith, Dan Wilkerson, Jonathon Ogden, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Terry Glenn, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, Kordell Stewart, Troy Brown, Charles Rogers, Tim Couch (not sure if I would call it washed up... probably just a BUST but he's done regardless.)

Also one I'd like to add that I'm surprised I didn't see mentioned... Tim Brown

The ones I agree with and feel are washed up are in BOLD

Back
Top Bottom