Subject Change: Who's washed up? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Subject Change: Who's washed up?

Wade Smith or Ron Dayne can't be washed up, they would just be considered a bust.

DeeAy3000 said:
Brian F'ing Griese, he shows a glimpse of brilliance every where he goes but lets face it, he will never be anything more than a flash in the pan type QB where ever he goes. Guranteed TB will pick top 5 next year.

Hines Ward has seen his zenith and his pitfall is imminent, I may catch some flack for this one but this guy is OLD.

a few more....

- Trent Green (how god do you have to be to run this offense? oh well he still sucks)
- Edgerrin James
- Terrel Owens
- Matt Hassellbeck
- Tiki Barber

I just tried to name the ones that come to mind that no one else has mentioned (as far as i know)
Edge- 1548 yards, 4.6 AVG. Not even close to dead.
Owens- 1200 Yards, 15.6 AVG. I'd love for one of our receivers to have those #s.
Hasselbeck-3382 Yards, 22 TD, 15 INT. And remember, his receivers have a habbit of dropping the Ball
Barber- 1518 Yards, 4.7 AVG. Morris and Minor together had 911...
I don't care much for Green, so I'll leave that. So then, who are you going to say next, Michael Vick :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:.

DeeAy3000 said:
Brian F'ing Griese, he shows a glimpse of brilliance every where he goes but lets face it, he will never be anything more than a flash in the pan type QB where ever he goes. Guranteed TB will pick top 5 next year.

Hines Ward has seen his zenith and his pitfall is imminent, I may catch some flack for this one but this guy is OLD.

a few more....

- Trent Green (how god do you have to be to run this offense? oh well he still sucks)
- Edgerrin James
- Terrel Owens
- Matt Hassellbeck
- Tiki Barber

I just tried to name the ones that come to mind that no one else has mentioned (as far as i know)
I hope you're kidding.

Trent Green- Yeah sure their O-line is the best in the NFL and they have the best rushing attack in the NFL in my honest opinion. But other than Tony Gonzales they don't necessarily have OUTSTANDING AMAZING WR's... Johnnie Morton and Eddie Kennison.... STARTING. :rolleyes: Trent Green isn't washed up and has backed it up with stats the past few seasons.

Edge- You're kidding, right? After last season... 1548 yards.. 4.6 AVG, his highest rushing average ever in his career and 9 rushing touchdowns. Also 51 catches for 483 yards and he played and started all 16 games last season.

TO- No... Just no. No need to prove anything...

Matt Hasselbeck- I'll give you some leeway, it's still undetermined though if he was just a one hit wonder or just had a bad season last year.

Tiki Barber- I'm beginning to think this might be a joke but the fact you threw Hasselbeck in concerns me. Tiki had the best season of his career last year and led Giants to a 4-1 record until Coughlin eventually threw Eli in too early... 1581 yards (career high) 4.7 Average, 13 Rushing Touchdowns (career high), 77 First downs (career high), 52 receptions for 578 yards.

I wouldn't call Trent Green, Edgerrin James, Terrell Owens, or Tiki Barber "WASHED UP" and as for Matt Hasselbeck, I wouldn't say he is washed up... I would say that he is on the hot seat this season and has A LOT to prove.

I don't think Matt is on the hot seat. Holmgren loves him too much. Holmgren may be on the hot seat though, and if he goes I think Matt would too.

Year Gm Att Cmp Cmp% Yds Yd/A TD Int Sacked Rating
2001 16 510 314 61.6 3921 7.7 32 15 22 94.1
2002 16 551 341 61.9 3658 6.6 27 16 26 85.6
2003 16 471 308 65.4 3361 7.1 32 21 19 90.4
2004 16 540 346 64.1 4088 7.6 30 17 12 92.4

Sorry guys. Say what you will but that is Brett's numbers from the last four seasons and that is not from someone that is washed up. Sure he makes mistakes and some very bad mistakes but come on. He may be the reason they lost in the playoffs but he is the reason they were in the playoffs also. Favre still has it. He passed for over 4000 yards last year.

Year Gm Comp. Att. Cmp% Yds Yd/A TD INT Rat.
1996 13 221 373 59.2 2795 7.49 17 9 87.8
1997 16 319 548 58.2 3780 6.90 16 11 80.7
1998 16 310 537 57.7 3497 6.51 23 15 80.0
1999 11 204 369 55.3 2448 6.63 12 17 67.4

That my friends is Marino's last four years. Now be honest. How many of you defended Dan when someone said he is washed up and needs to retire. I was one of them. I will bet at least 97% of you that are saying Brett should retire thought it was a shame Dan retired. That he still had a couple of good years left and maybe he did but I can admit it now that more than likely he did not.

You guys can bash me and say what you will. I suppose I have a man crush on Favre like Madden does but I am proud of it and love to watch Brett play. The Packers are my second favorite team because of him.

Before I stop I want to throw one more number at you guys. 45. That my friends is how many touchdowns Brett needs to break Dan's touchdown record. That is only two seasons worth or even one if he has a magical year.

Heck he only needs 11628 to break the yardage record. It's a little harder to reach but not impossible in three years.

NJ_Fin_Fan said:
With all the same types of threads going around (Ricky, Fins vs. Bills, etc.), I thought it would be nice to open the bashing to the entire NFL, rather than limit it to just the AFC East. :)

What player(s) do you feel is(are) washed up, and should just call it quits?

I'll throw out a few big names:

• Brett Favre
  • Jerry Rice
Rice was an easy one, but I'll probably take some flack for saying Favre. First off, I'd like to say that Favre was an EXCELLENT QB... but I think his time has passed. He still has talent, and has decent games once in a while, but he's been making more and more mistakes in the past few years. I mean, seriously, how many playoff games in a row have ended with a Favre INT?

Anyway, that's my opinion. Feel free to throw the dirt, fellas!

The thing is he needs to see it through. A competitive guy like Marino was. Some guys need to go til they just don't have a thing left. Favre is still ok and has a role with his team. Especially now that he has a young QB to help. The only problem is the Oline is bad and his legs won't save him like they could years ago.

Is Tesaverde still playing? He could be one. Eddie GEorge?

MelbournePhin said:
did i miss something? is he starting for them? oh boy

Yes he is, but he won't be the starter for too much longer. Crennel got Charlie Frye to be the guy who's going to hopefully blossom to the franchise QB.

Dolfan99 said:
Jerry Rice is an example of what an NFL player should be. He plays because he loves the game not because he loves the money. Im not ripping on any of the players that do do it for the money because the NFL is a business but i would rather have a player who loves the game than some one who is holding out because you won't redo their contract.

The NFL would be a much better game if there were more players like Rice.

Ricky Williams. In 2003 he averaged a scant 3.5 yards per carry and scored only 9 rushing TDs as a featured back in a rushing-oriented offense. Following that season he abandoned his team to leave the game for a year burning out. He's as washed up as they come.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Ricky Williams. In 2003 he averaged a scant 3.5 yards per carry and scored only 9 rushing TDs as a featured back in a rushing-oriented offense. Following that season he abandoned his team to leave the game for a year burning out. He's as washed up as they come.

Last time I checked 3.5 YPC was pretty good.

TarHeelFinFan said:

washed up? question. were you pi$$ed when he quit the team?? seeing that hes "washed up," you should have been happy that he abandoned the team. btw, if Saban doesnt think hes washed up, what merit does your argument hold?

QBs -
Jeff Garcia
Kurt Warner
Brad Johnson
Testeverde
Flutie
Gannon

RBs -
Eddie George
Marshall Faulk
Charlie Gardner
The Bus (I thought this last year too, and i was wrong, but at this stage in his career he has to prove me wrong every season)

Nasty

WeVie said:
Last time I checked 3.5 YPC was pretty good.

Pretty good? 3.5 YPC is not good at all, the bare minimum you need to have a "good" season is 4.0 and that's a 1/2 yard less.

NathanHunt said:
Posterity.

But, honestly, McNair needs to get on that horse and look for the sunset.

In respect to the franchise, Volek's time is now. He's capable of gawdy numbers, he just needs to tweak his mental game.

I.E. McNair = Tutor.

I agree... I think Volek could be great. He's got a lot of talent, but needs a bit of coaching.

Back
Top Bottom