*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

Not sure why everyone is so upset - this team was not very good last year on either side of the ball. These are not Gase's players. This team needs a full purge and rebuild int he shortest period of time. The chemistry didnt work and we need to find chemistry that does. I have no problem with a complete roster overhaul. In fact - I encourage it. Gase has an opportunity to build what he wants, if it doesnt work, then its all on him

So with the culture change and Gase’s ego running it. What happens when we fall flat for a 3 win season this year? Or is that the goal?

Let's see if I understand this correctly. We have Suh who plays well, but is now way over paid due to his original big contract and a follow up restructuring. I see three basic ways to handle this situation.

1) Our best solution is to trade him if we can find a trading partner. Due to his exceptionally high salary, this is not a realistic option.

2) Our easiest solution is to keep him for two more years, eat his high salary and then let him go in two years. If we keep him it leaves us with two choices:
  • We can play him for two years.
  • We can sit him on the bench as a backup while we play one of our developmental players so that when he leave we have an experienced player available at that position.
3) Our last solution is to cut him. This will reduce our current salary expense by 3 or 4 million dollars. We will then need to field a replacement for that position.

The real difference between the 2nd choice and the 3rd choice is that keeping him for two more years (choice #2) costs us 3 or 4 million dollars more for his skill set and keeps a potential replacement off the field for those two years.

It seems to me this is a bad situation that is not going to go away for 2 years unless the team takes some kind of action now. That being the case, I think cutting him now and getting a few million more dollars available for other salaries along with getting a two years of playing opportunities for new players is the best (least problematic) choice the team has. If we can trade him and reduce the salary hit even more then by all means do it.

Well this is not a good move. Just to save 3M. Hope we ain't making a lame run at Kirk Cousins. T-bum is scaring me.

Not sure why everyone is so upset - this team was not very good last year on either side of the ball. These are not Gase's players. This team needs a full purge and rebuild int he shortest period of time. The chemistry didnt work and we need to find chemistry that does. I have no problem with a complete roster overhaul. In fact - I encourage it. Gase has an opportunity to build what he wants, if it doesnt work, then its all on him
I for one am upset because we never see any light from the moves this team makes. Pretty simple in my eyes we're losing franchise and have been for a long time some of us I would like to win

So we are going to move on from Suh/Landry/James etc, free a small amount of cap space and then sign a bunch of FAs to low first year numbers but high later year, killing future cap space. Way to go Tannenbaum!

This really is some incredible decision-making. To go from the optimism of 2016 and making the playoffs in Year 1 with Gase, with contributions from younger players like Landry, Ajayi, Tunsil, Stills on offense, to tearing it down a year later....insane.

I just don’t get it. 2017 was destined to be a disaster the second Tannehill went down. You still had some positive signs - a young, cheap secondary seeming to develop (even after the Lippett injury), some solid and cheap additions to the defensive line, Drake’s performance, Grant’s late-season emergence.

What suddenly sent the signal that this team was broken??

Gase needing to overhaul the roster to establish control of the locker room in his 3rd year isn't exactly a good endorsement of him as a coach. I can't help but wonder if Gase handpicking noted team cancers Jay Cutler and Julius Thomas had something to do with this dysfunction.

If this off season ends in baker mayfield taking practice reps from a center not named Mike pouncey I will still be a happy camper

Do we know if he has offset language? Release makes more sense if he does and we get a lot of the guaranteed money back.

Adam Beasley made some sense on his twitter feed.

Had Suh lived up to his contract? He’s had 15.5 sacks since he signed. He had 10 his rookie year.

Gotta purge the team to get better. Buffalo did the same thing last offseason and they were fine. When he signed I was hyped but that hype quickly died down when we all saw the contract.

I wouldn't say "fine." They snuck in partly because we wanted to give Fails a looksie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom