Sullivan Singing his Catchy Tune (latest Herald Article) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sullivan Singing his Catchy Tune (latest Herald Article)

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is a few snippets in this article...

DOLPHINS WIDE RECEIVERS

Sullivan singing his catchy tune

Dolphins wide receivers coach Jerry Sullivan just keeps on talking . . . and his players keep on listening, each and every day.

''Basically, the only way you can describe it is if you listen to music or a song,'' said Boston, who had a career-best 98 catches for 1,598 yards in 2001 working under Sullivan with the Arizona Cardinals. ``You may not be paying attention to it, but if you hear it a bunch of times, you're going to be able to repeat that song. I really listen carefully when Jerry speaks and, in turn, I hear him out on the field.''

Sullivan's methods have produced an exemplary résumé over 12 NFL seasons. He has helped seven wide receivers combine to produce 11 1,000-yard seasons, including the NFL rookie-record 101 catches for 1,377 yards by Anquan Boldin last season with the Cardinals.

Second-year receiver J.R. Tolver found that out quickly. One day while working against a press coverage, Tolver made a seemingly imperceptible mistake. With his left foot forward in his stance, Tolver broke on the snap and brought the left foot about four inches backward.

Sullivan stopped the tape of practice and went over it.

'I was like, `How did he see it?' '' Tolver said. ``You can't really even tell. We're talking a three- or four-inch move.

``Your first instinct against press [coverage] is that you want to get away from the cornerback, so you move back. [Sullivan] wants you to attack the guy and the key to attacking that guy, is keeping that foot forward. That's when I knew this guy was a technician.''

Article Link

hey, any news is good news - our recivers had a hard time with sepapration last year - maybe it was technical and not physical - we can hope sully makes a difference

juniorseau55 said:
I'm tired of hearing how praised our coaches are like if they were going to take us to the super bowl.

Jr, I guess you made your mind up already in May. Seem to me, that you feel better, if you only see negative reports from the media concerning our team.

Gloom and Doom seems to be what other fans, can relate to, in order to backup their preditions....

Cheerup, its only May, and those coaches, Sullivan, in particular, which is one of the best WR coaches in the past decade, may take us to the SB...

juniorseau55 said:
I'm tired of hearing how praised our coaches are like if they were going to take us to the super bowl.

Hey.....Weis and Crennel get ALOT of credit for the success of the Patriots....I don't think there is a HUGE difference in talent between the Fins and the Pats do you?

If not coaching.....then what seperates the good from the best? In the salary cap era....management has made the difference, management starts at the coaching level....I for one am very excited about Sullivan....

juniorseau55 said:

This sentence doesn't even make sense. I can't figure out what you are trying to say. Jerry Sullivan may be the best pickup of our offseason. I can't for the life of me figure out what you have against him. He is a great, great WR coach.

We can have a discussion about the shortcomings of Wanny, but no, not on Sullivan.

juniorseau55 said:

Sullivan is recognized around the league as one of if not the best receivers coach in the game.

It takes a lot of skill from a lot of places to get to the promise land. This is one place where we will have more than sufficient skill.

dcm said:
Hey.....Weis and Crennel get ALOT of credit for the success of the Patriots....I don't think there is a HUGE difference in talent between the Fins and the Pats do you?

If not coaching.....then what seperates the good from the best? In the salary cap era....management has made the difference, management starts at the coaching level....I for one am very excited about Sullivan....

Point made, we still have Wanny in our coaching staff. Time to get rid of him sooner or later.

eltos_lightfoot said:
This sentence doesn't even make sense. I can't figure out what you are trying to say. Jerry Sullivan may be the best pickup of our offseason. I can't for the life of me figure out what you have against him. He is a great, great WR coach.

We can have a discussion about the shortcomings of Wanny, but no, not on Sullivan.

Our Coaches have been getting praised too much apart from Sullivan. Bates is a conservative coordinator, Norv Turner made a difference in the first year however in the second year there were a lot of questionable calls. Norv isn't with us anymore however.

juniorseau55 said:
Point made, we still have Wanny in our coaching staff. Time to get rid of him sooner or later.

I hope he is here for years to come!

allred65 said:

Miami media isn't going to allow it. They're determined to get him out of here. These guys are going to look brilliant when the phins turn in 5-11 seasons over and over.

allred65 said:

Me too!!

Hopefully everyone else understands what that would mean. ;)

BLUEPHIN said:
hey, any news is good news - our recivers had a hard time with sepapration last year - maybe it was technical and not physical - we can hope sully makes a difference
With David Boston you can guarantee separation is not a physical issue :roflmao:

Well, Bills fans are banking on their O-line to get better with McNally there.

Why couldn't Miami fans feel the same way with Jerry Sullivan and Marc Trestman working solely in their expertise??

Back
Top Bottom