Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
All over the map, players and positions. I am still of the mind, if there is a decent veteran guard available at a reasonable price, sign him, and put yourself in a position to go BPA at the draft:

A summary of the summaries: (click MSN link to read the drafter's thoughts)

Graham Barton- 4
JC Latham- 3
Jerzhan Newton- 3
JPJ- 2
Tyler Guyton- 1
O. Fashanu- 1
A. Mims- 1
Byron Murphy- 1
Brian Thomas- 1
Jared Verse- 1
Penix- 1
X Worthy- 1

Last edited by a moderator:
So many fascinating options! They range the full gambit (from BPA to Nix/Pennix on the other extreme) and Grier is capable of anything. My priority is taking advantage of a talented OL draft (OT/OG/C). But there are so many possibilities that will help our team. So many choices to be made. Get your popcorn ready!

So many fascinating options! They range the full gambit (from BPA to Nix/Pennix on the other extreme) and Grier is capable of anything. My priority is taking advantage of a talented OL draft (OT/OG/C). But there are so many possibilities that will help our team. So many choices to be made. Get your popcorn ready!
I tend to agree.....many possibilities and it is likely Grier will surprise us. My preference is OL, but DT/Edge or WR are all on the table. There is still likely a free agent move or two to help fill in the gaps

First and foremost, a starter. We have holes to fill - C, G, T, DE, DT are the most pressing. Any pic from these 5 spots will be needed to start. If Grier misses with this pick, then he may be in strife.
I’m not sure why you list center as a hole to fill. Brewer was signed to a three year contract and since he played center with the Titans, I don’t think they would have given him a three year contract unless they felt he could come in and be their starting center for the next several years.

I do agree with you that G, T, DE, and DT are positions they will likely look to add players in the draft and in free agency before the season begins. I also think adding another starting caliber WR is a strong possibility before the season starts.

I’m not sure why you list center as a hole to fill. Brewer was signed to a three year contract and since he played center with the Titans, I don’t think they would have given him a three year contract unless they felt he could come in and be their starting center for the next several years.

I do agree with you that G, T, DE, and DT are positions they will likely look to add players in the draft and in free agency before the season begins. I also think adding another starting caliber WR is a strong possibility before the season starts.
Thanks mate, I missed the Brewer signing.

Thanks for posting. It was interesting to read a summary of the various mocks.

With QB and WR #1 and #2 “settled” imo, my usual draft philosophy is to spend 1sts on the premium positions in OT, DE, or CB.

If we spend a 1st on an OG, C, DL, or 3rd WR, they better be individually fantastic.

And yes, CB is still huge need imo. Ramsey turns 30 In October and Cam was essentially redshirted by a DC that’s been professionally coaching since McD was in diapers.

It will be an interesting draft. I'll give Grier credit that he was able to fill all of the roster holes with at minimum 'camp worthy' players prior to the draft. With all of our free agents that was a pretty decent job.

We've got a number of areas that really could use a talent injection (especially both sides of the line) but I don't see any giant holes in the roster at the moment. I am most nervous about generating organic pass rush from the defensive line but I doubt there will be a highly rated pass rusher available in the 20s, at least one without some serious blemishes. I assume we will be a blitzing club until our defensive ends get healthy.

My gut is either offensive or defensive line, or wide reciever. I personally prefer to do anything we can to protect Tua so lean offensive line.

I still believe our best bet is to trade down, assuming we have a trade partner, and pick up 1-2 more picks. An infusion of younger cheap contracts is much needed. We could probably use 1 draft pick in each area: OG (maybe 2), OT, DT, DE, CB, S, WR, LB, in no specific order. I would also consider a QB in the later rounds for development. Release White and go with Skylar as backup.

I still believe our best bet is to trade down, assuming we have a trade partner, and pick up 1-2 more picks. An infusion of younger cheap contracts is much needed. We could probably use 1 draft pick in each area: OG (maybe 2), OT, DT, DE, CB, S, WR, LB, in no specific order. I would also consider a QB in the later rounds for development. Release White and go with Skylar as backup.
I would do multiple trade downs

To 28-32 and the from 28-32 to the 50’s

I think we need to bolster the lines. We signed Brewer so in theory the Center position is solved and IMO #21 is too early to go for the best Guard. My guess is one of the two best interior DL prospects, with an outside flyer on the Edge from Free Shoes U. I can see BPA OL at #55, or perhaps a WR.

Back
Top Bottom