Sunday 8/01/04 TC Report-Morning Session | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday 8/01/04 TC Report-Morning Session

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Pat, Sam, Zach, D-Mac, and Bowens all did not practice. They started with the warmups and stretches, then Mare kicked a few field goals, he made all of them as compared to yesterday afternoon when he was very erratic in the rain. I hope it rains again so I can see how he handles it. Armstrong was the maestro of practice early on, he conducted all the drills as they did kick return and punt coverage drills. I've heard alot more of him and some of the other coaches than I have Wanny.

The LB's did some int drills, Mallard and Pope dropped a couple and Seau didn't get a good jump. Bua, Moore, and Jenkins were the only ones to catch all their balls.

The OL was doing some drive blocking drills, James and McKinney were looking great and drawing praise. I'll say it again, James will be better than Nails was in his pro bowl alternate season, and will be the leader on this line for the next half-decade. He draws the most praise and attention, is the most physical and aggresive of all our o-lineman, and leads by example...he motivates his teammates on nearly every play, he's alway talking to them.

They did a drill where the qb passed to a receiver or two who were matched up man to man with the corners.

1 on 1's

Jay inc to Chambers, way behind him
Jay to Newson but he falls down and Howard picks it off
Jay to Newson along the sideline 6 yds
Jay deep bomb to Thompson great throw for the TD
Jay deep post to Simmons 25+ yards
AJ nice throw to Simmons (Knight is playing way off the reciever)
AJ sweet over the top throw to Tolver TD
AJ inc to Bellamy who let if bounce off his chest
Jay ince to Willie Johnson on the fly off his fingertips good throw though
Jay bad throw to Boston on the slant
Jay cross in complete to Chambers
Jay high throw behind DT but he caught it anyway
Jay picked off by Roundtree
Jay nice slant to Newson
Terrific catch by Tolver on low ball from AJ
Simmons even better catch on sliding grab
Snoop lets one slip through his hands
AJ inc to Wilkins just off his fingers
AJ wide to Tolver bad throw
Jay to Bellamy dropped by Ronald on slant
AJ to Boston quick slant
AJ inc pass deflected by Roundtree, nice job Alphonso
AJ floater to Derrius Thompson nice catch

Pass-Only Scrimmage

Jay bad throw nearly picked off by Roundtree
Jay under big heat throws it up incomplete, Chester blew up the whole play
Jay nailed by Seau, Taylor, etc.
Jay fumbles the ball after Taylor and Moore blitz him
Jay under big pressure again nearly sacked but lasers one to Thompson
Poole makes great play to break up pass to Chambers
Jay is doing a quick 3 step drop now to avoid the pressure, quick slant to Simmons
AJ in shotgun formation, complete to Chambers nice bullet
FS or offsides, couldn't tell which
AJ to Thompson, nice catch and run
Poole again nearly picks off AJ's pass
Screen pass to Morris on blitz, great call big gain
AJ to Newson under heavy pressure
AJ to Newson again, 8 yards

Run-Only Scrimmage

Minor 1 yd (Chester)
Minor hit in backfield (Chester,Taylor)
Minor hit in backfield again (Moore, Greenwood)
Minor minimal gain (Zgonina, Chester)
Morris 2 yds (Taylor, Romero)
Minor stopped at line (Chester)
Minor 1 yd (Jenkins)
Morris stuffed at line 1 yd (Bua, Moore)
Morris 1 yd (Roundtree)
Works caught on outside 1 yd (Bua)
False start
Morris 4 yds (Romero, Brown, Pope)

The o-line got manhandled pretty good, guys. Chester was eating them alive the whole day. Not too encouraging, I overheard Drew and Marvez and Drew was commenting on how the oline looks lost. Can't disagree with him right now. Jay is getting alot more snaps with the first team, he took nearly all of them in the one on ones.

3 Stars

Larry Chester/Jason Taylor
: Were causing havoc all day, in the backfield on both running and passing downs.

Alphonso Roundtree: Several nice deflections starting in place of Madison and a very nice int.

Derrius Thompson/Chris Chambers: Both were the only highlights on offense, Thompson made a lot of catches.

Highlight: Thompson's TD grab from Jay, nice to see Jay hit him in stride.

Lowlight:
Jay's sack and fumble, horrible pass protection from oline

Thanks for the report.

From what I have read so far it really looks like Larry Chester should be a force this year with all of the weight he lost.

I was thinking about driving down to the afternoon practice today but it is a 2 hour drive for me, and the way it looks outside I don't want to drive all of the way down there and get rained out. Is the weather pretty crappy looking down there as well?

I havn't heard much of Boston these past 2 days, whats up with him?
And do you know why Sam and Pat are sitting out?

Thanks for the report!!=)

Thaks for the Update- Great Stuff. Can't get to worried or enthused this early. It's Just great to read about the start of the season. :cooldude:

Thanks for the report, I'm going to try and hit the late session today....

The OL looks lost, but there is still time to get things straightened out IMO. Besides, our DL is awesome. Any OL in the NFL would have a tough time against it....

PHINZ RULE!!!

#84Fan4Life said:
Thanks for the report.

From what I have read so far it really looks like Larry Chester should be a force this year with all of the weight he lost.

I was thinking about driving down to the afternoon practice today but it is a 2 hour drive for me, and the way it looks outside I don't want to drive all of the way down there and get rained out. Is the weather pretty crappy looking down there as well?

No it's sunny right now but then again it was sunny yesterday morning but I do see some clouds on the horizon....I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

thanks for the updates, it is really appreciated from those of us out of state. Knowing what is going on in camp really prepares us for the season. I hope the o-line coach gets a plan together soon!

-tex

saves said:
I havn't heard much of Boston these past 2 days, whats up with him?
And do you know why Sam and Pat are sitting out?

Thanks for the report!!=)

Boston had a couple catches, nothing big to report on. Sam sat out yesterday too I think he has a hamstring injury. Pat I'm not sure about but I did see someone looking at his knee so that would be my guess.

Finsflurry said:
No it's sunny right now but then again it was sunny yesterday morning but I do see some clouds on the horizon....personally I wouldn't risk it if I were you.
Thanks. I guess to be safe I will have to drag my butt out of bed at 6 AM to make it to an early practice. You know in South Florida it rains almost every afternoon so the late practice is a hit-or-miss ordeal.

#84Fan4Life said:
Thanks. I guess to be safe I will have to drag my butt out of bed at 6 AM to make it to an early practice. You know in South Florida it rains almost every afternoon so the late practice is a hit-or-miss ordeal.

Tomorrow and Wednesday they don't have practice in the morning, so keep that in mind. The only chance you can see them again in the morning is Tuesday before they leave for Houston, then you got to wait till next Sunday Monday I believe.

oracle3410 said:
so was Fred Russell not even there or something?

He was he just didn't see alot of action, the third stringers were practicing too but I didn't pay attention to them. He's also stuck behind Minor, Morris, and Henry so don't expect him to see alot of action aside from the occasional draw, screen, or third down.

thanks for the updates, it is really appreciated from those of us out of state. Knowing what is going on in camp really prepares us for the season. I hope the o-line coach gets a plan together soon!

Yea, us out of the country also appreciate it =).

touborg said:
Yea, us out of the country also appreciate it =).

touche!

military? transplanted US citizen? enlightened dane? whats your story? i've been to "koop-en-aum" before and its beautiful.

glad to hear we have fans abroad!

-tex

military? transplanted US citizen? enlightened dane? whats your story? i've been to "koop-en-aum" before and its beautiful.

enlightened dane, who happens to live in copenhagen =).

Hopefully I'll be off to florida to study soon though.

Back
Top Bottom