Sunday 8/01/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday 8/01/04 TC Report-Morning Session

being a hawkeye fan, my opinion is slightly biased, but I think everyone is overreacting to the Ricky situation when it comes to Fred Russell. When wanny signed him, he knew he wasn't going to be a #1 back. He knew he was going to be a 3rd down, draw, toss, PR/KR kind of guy. Since the whole Ricky thing went down, everyone's opinion on Fred seems to have divebombed. Before that happened, people were almost positive he'd make the team as at least a PR. Now, people are saying it's likely he won't even survive the preseason. The only thing I can see changing since then that would affect Fred, is the number of roster spots available. If they go and sign a vet, that's a spot less available. But is my thinking flawed when I assume that if it was between a player who's playable in one sitation (Return man) vs someone who's playable in two (Return man and situational back) they'd pick the guy they can get the most work out of?

oracle3410 said:
being a hawkeye fan, my opinion is slightly biased, but I think everyone is overreacting to the Ricky situation when it comes to Fred Russell. When wanny signed him, he knew he wasn't going to be a #1 back. He knew he was going to be a 3rd down, draw, toss, PR/KR kind of guy. Since the whole Ricky thing went down, everyone's opinion on Fred seems to have divebombed. Before that happened, people were almost positive he'd make the team as at least a PR. Now, people are saying it's likely he won't even survive the preseason. The only thing I can see changing since then that would affect Fred, is the number of roster spots available. If they go and sign a vet, that's a spot less available. But is my thinking flawed when I assume that if it was between a player who's playable in one sitation (Return man) vs someone who's playable in two (Return man and situational back) they'd pick the guy they can get the most work out of?

I was the first one to say that Fred Russell would make this team and I stand by my prediction. He should help us as a situational back and a PR/KR as you said. But I haven't seen any posts stating that he won't make the team, what thread is it in?

I think russell will end up in the WFL. I also think alphonso roundtree is a keeper. Dude looked great last year in preseason ,WFL, and now. We are defenitely set at CB. If Madison is looking like last year in the second half, i think we trade him personally especially if Poole shows up. I think Chester is going to be an animal this year but lets keep in mind with the Oline that the D knows it pass or run. They are getting there clocks cleaned for a reason. cus they want to go against all odds.

Who has been assigned to block Chester? Did they move Carey? Thanks for the report btw.

Great Post Man Great Work You Are The Man For Giving us The Insight Of The best team In Football. P.s. Ricky Who? :roflmao:

DrewOldSchool said:
Who has been assigned to block Chester? Did they move Carey? Thanks for the report btw.

He's been abusing McKinney and Jerman for the most part. Carey is still at tackle.

Finsflurry said:
He's been abusing McKinney and Jerman for the most part. Carey is still at tackle.
Thanks. Taking lumps is good for them.

I wonder what the strategy is with Boston? Let his foot heal? Keep his reps down?

Sounds like the O didnt fare too well today. How would you compare the QB play today.

So how is Carey looking so far? I know its early, but is it possible he will be starting season opener?

Despite all the off season talk, I've not seen you call Konrad's name either running or receiving. Darn!

Who's playing the two back-up FB roles with the second and third teams? What is the make-up of the second team Oline? Is Jerman starting at RG?

I appreciate your reports very much. I'm the kind who is always looking for personnel information especially back-ups. It makes figuring out the roster later on a bit easier. So with Pat and Sam sitting and Roundtree starting at the one corner, was Howard starting at the other or Poole? or even Banks?

Good stuff!

You get my vote for Rookie Reporter of the year!

Were they practicing on the far field again?

Thank you for the reports. I live in New York so your reports are the only way that I can follow the team in training camp from a fan's perspective. Thank you!!

What did you see AJ do, was he significantly better than Jay.

Back
Top Bottom