Suns vs. Spurs | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

As far as the asterisk thing goes, every championship winning team has, on their run, at least 1 play that is going to have big question marks surrounding it...That doesn't mean every team has an asterisk does it? Do the Steelers have an asterisk for their recent SB victory? Or the Patriots from the tuck rule game?

What if he doesn't get suspended and the Suns lose tomorrow night, but win the next 2 do they still get an asterisk?

LOL, sorry, but everyone who grew up playing basketball was taught to clear a guy out to get extra space. You swing a knee/leg through to the body, or you swing your arms through across their arms if they're extended. Or through their head if you're Karl Malone. The defender either moves out of the way and you accomplish what you wanted, or they stay put, you get an offensive foul call and hope they start giving you more space.

A foul was called on the play, and then it was upgraded after the game. That's all it warranted, but you're a Suns fan so I would expect you to disagree.

I try to keep an open mind on things that don't involve my team, but know I'm biased when it comes to them. That's my honest opinion on this one.

Horry's intentions were to body check Nash, Bowen's are up in the air (on this play at least).

Okay, so with this same rationale, clearing somebody out with an elbow or a fist is part of the game and should be overlooked? Ask Kobe how well that goes over.:shakeno:

And with same rationale, how in the world does Horry get a 2 game suspension for a body check-which is part of the game....:shakeno: :shakeno:

As far as the asterisk thing goes, every championship winning team has, on their run, at least 1 play that is going to have big question marks surrounding it...That doesn't mean every team has an asterisk does it? Do the Steelers have an asterisk for their recent SB victory? Or the Patriots from the tuck rule game?

What if he doesn't get suspended and the Suns lose tomorrow night, but win the next 2 do they still get an asterisk?

Yes, yes yes and more yes, triple/quadruple/quintuple yes! :roflmao:

I'm not explaining the asterisk thing again. I'm just really surprised that as a Suns fan many of you would want that question mark in people's heads.

Several Years ago the Lakers had some question marks against the Kings (strangely enough it involved Horry) and I would have loved for it to have gone differently. All my friends back home (Sacramento) ever talk about is the Horry shot after the buzzer.

Do you really want to listen to Spurs fans for years talking about Amare not being suspended?

You know you can win without him, if I were you I'd be hoping he gets suspended. Could fire up the rest of the team, and instead of being a lame excuse for opposing fans in years to come it would just be another bragging point for you if they can pull it all off.

Okay, so with this same rationale, clearing somebody out with an elbow or a fist is part of the game and should be overlooked? Ask Kobe how well that goes over.:shakeno:

And with same rationale, how in the world does Horry get a 2 game suspension for a body check-which is part of the game....:shakeno: :shakeno:

You got it! If they make contact they're risking a foul or a flagrant.

If you remember, Kobe was suspended for making a non-basketball move, or unnatural motion.

He deserved the suspensions for his stupid arm extensions trying to draw contact after taking a poor shot and/or having it blocked.

Kobe's suspensions were not for moves like I described, you have to know you're really reaching on that one.

You're reaching with Horry too, his body check was not part of the game. The rules state that you're supposed to make a play on the ball. He didn't, he just flat out checked him (1 game suspension) then he went on to throw and elbow at Bell (another game +?).

Sorry, but you're really stretching it on your comparisons.

Wait a minute. Kneeing somebody in the balls is a basketball move? There is absolutely zero doubt that is all Bowens intentioned. His body was not moving forward only his knee. Not like he was gonna make contact somewhere else, it was his knee....
Who is making a stretch on the intent of basketball here?

Listen, unfortunate as the entire thing(s) have been, I dont want to see anybody get any time off (And I seriously doubt ANY of the players are going to). But to say that simple check was worthy of 2 games, and the shot to the Yam-bag was part of the game is chuckle material......

Thank you very much for this post. We come full circle, as I was finding it VERY hard to still like the Spurs (I really really have always rooted for them except against the Suns)...and now with the VERY CLASSY post, I find it much easier to "Like" the Spurs again.

Good luck, and I hope nobody gets hurt in the last couple of days. Win or Lose, this is easily becoming a series that will be remembered....

What you agree with me now b/c I said Phoenix will win the series? :wink: :tongue:

Wait a minute. Kneeing somebody in the balls is a basketball move? There is absolutely zero doubt that is all Bowens intentioned. His body was not moving forward only his knee. Not like he was gonna make contact somewhere else, it was his knee....

Listen, unfortunate as the entire thing(s) have been, I dont want to see anybody get any time off (And I seriously doubt ANY of the players are going to). But to say that simple check was worthy of 2 games, and the shot to the Yam-bag was part of the game is chuckle material......

It isn't fair of any of us to say what Bowen's intent was. IF he really wanted to knee Nash in the balls then I say kick his ashe. I don't know why he'd do that though considering the god damn game is live and refs actually CAN call fouls.

Sigh

Okay, and if the Spurz win, where Bowens didnt get suspended or Horry, does an Asterisk go next to it?

I think the league is gonna let by-gones be by-gones and let them play.

And you Aunt had ****s she would be my Uncle:wink:

Oh just zip it about the asterisk. There is no damn asterisk to speak of :wink:

Yes, yes yes and more yes, triple/quadruple/quintuple yes! :roflmao:

I'm not explaining the asterisk thing again. I'm just really surprised that as a Suns fan many of you would want that question mark in people's heads.

Several Years ago the Lakers had some question marks against the Kings (strangely enough it involved Horry) and I would have loved for it to have gone differently. All my friends back home (Sacramento) ever talk about is the Horry shot after the buzzer.

Do you really want to listen to Spurs fans for years talking about Amare not being suspended?

You know you can win without him, if I were you I'd be hoping he gets suspended. Could fire up the rest of the team, and instead of being a lame excuse for opposing fans in years to come it would just be another bragging point for you if they can pull it all off.
I haven't heard one person other than you say they should be suspended, oh wait Shaq might have mumbled something like that last night on TNT...Even the ESPN Sportsnation poll had 76% saying he should not be suspended...I really don't think it will be a talking point if he doesn't get suspended...On the other hand, if he does it will be a major deal, and the rule will more than likely be changed because of it IMO....

Read the rest of the thread genius...you act like I'm just tossing asterisks out everywhere I go.

First off, thank you for acknowledging my superior intellect. :chuckle:

However, I did read the rest of the thread. While you do make some worthwhile points, other things that you have said can merely be constituted as "troll-like" behavior. You give off the appearance of someone who is simply attempting to stir two sides of this argument for his own amusement.

As for the asterisk comment that you made ... that is simply ridiculous. The manner in which a championship is won need not be besmirched. History tends to remember who much more than how. Phil Jackson should have known better, and in my opinion was simply upset that his team was not in the Spurs' position.

We obviously disagree on the Bowen thing...It WAS a basketball move, coaches teach it to kids in junior high, or earlier, clear some space. You just don't usually end up sending that knee to the balls, but I've sent it there and received it too. When I've done it I've been aiming for the leg and the defender adjusted to my movement and I caught him in the bag. Sucks, but so it goes. Stepping through a defender is nothing new, I did it yesterday (no bag shots luckily) and I'll do it again when I play tomorrow. I'll coach my team to do it as well, just like my coach taught me and all those NBA guys have been taught. Now don't misinterpret me, coaches DO NOT teach their guys to knee others in the nuts (well I can't guarantee it) but they do teach them to clear a defender out to get their space with their knees or elbows. Anyway we may as well drop it as it is obvious we'll never agree. We both think we're right and we're both obviously stubborn.

And you're claiming that no one will get suspended? The NBA would be NUTS to not suspend Horry and they'll have to come up with some special circumstances explanation to not suspend Amare and Diaw since they did violate a rule.

Oh just zip it about the asterisk. There is no damn asterisk to speak of :wink:

Agreed, and I really dont think there is going to be ANY suspensions either...on either side.:wink:

Bottom line is that this is a business, and this series, along with the Warriors-Jazz, is making TONS of marketable sense for the league. This is an elite series, and I dont think that the higher-ups at the league office are going to take away from what is transpiring...that being said, the NBA league office hasnt been known for doing the smart thing in the past....:err:

I haven't heard one person other than you say they should be suspended, oh wait Shaq might have mumbled something like that last night on TNT...Even the ESPN Sportsnation poll had 76% saying he should not be suspended...I really don't think it will be a talking point if he doesn't get suspended...On the other hand, if he does it will be a major deal, and the rule will more than likely be changed because of it IMO....

lol, head over to the Lakers forum I frequent, you'll hear tons of "unbiased" guys saying Amare should get 5 games or other more ridiculous statements.

Last night on TNT, Charles said he didn't think it was fair, which I've all ready agreed with, the rule needs to be changed and if Amare is suspended I think you're right, it will be changed after the season. But Kenny, Shaq, and EJ all said they thought they would be suspended. Shaq mumbled something like "The law is the law" and Kenny said "That's the rules" and I don't remember what EJ said, he may not have actually said a thing.

The suspensions could go either way with Amare and Diaw, but you know it will be a talking point. You think SportsCenter, PTI, Cold Pizza and all those clowns aren't going to talk about it? If they're not suspended the NBA will have to have an explanation, and people will discuss it. You know that you and I will :D

And I'm not even starting with the sports nation polls, half the time they seem decent and the other half they're whacked out. They're not exactly legit surveys from a random population.

Wow, I just read Steve Kerrs latest article at Yahoo..

However, if the league decides to suspend Diaw and Stoudemire, it may have to suspend Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen as well. In a play that went entirely unnoticed until well after the game was over, both Duncan and Bowen actually left San Antonio's bench early in the second quarter after Francisco Elson and James Jones were entangled. Replays clearly show Duncan walking several steps onto the court as Elson and Jones appeared to be ready to get into it. Bowen then followed Duncan onto the floor, grabbed him and led him back to the bench. If the league does indeed follow the letter of the law, both Spurs players would also be suspended for Game 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...F?slug=sk-sunsspurs051507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Back
Top Bottom