SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it... | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SuperBowl officiating was Horrible/Game was fixed/Steelers Stole it...

What was the worst moment broadcast-wise of the game?

• John Madden

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The viewres missing Bill Cowher's Gatorade moment

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Mike Holmgren's play calling from 8 minutes left til the final gun

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • The postgame analysis of the 3 stooges(Berman,Irvin,Young)

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Anyone thats thinks that game was called fair is full of it.

Ben admitted on Letterman last night himself he wasn't in on his TD.

flintsilver7 said:
If it's up for debate then you don't understand the rule. Vick was a ball carrier, not a receiver. Jackson didn't have possession because you cannot establish possession unless you have two feet in bounds.

Yeah ok and you understand them better than anyone.

You can go ahead and convince yourself what you want. I call it like I see it. It doesnt matter anyway. The game is over....
Im not losing sleep over this...lmao

Wait... there are people who actually think the officiating was acceptable???

That's nuts.

AquaAssasin said:

You can go ahead and convince yourself what you want. I call it like I see it. It doesnt matter anyway. The game is over....

You're dead wrong. Both of these calls are cut and dried, and I call them like they are. You call them like you see it, but you don't know the rules.

Vick was given a touchdown because the official ruled, upon review, that before he landed out of bounds the ball had crossed the plane of the goal line over the pylon. Vick, as the ball carrier, had established possession somewhere around the 3 yard line.

Jackson never came down with two feet in bounds and therefore never established possession. Whether or not he hit the pylon is completely irrelevant.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/forwardpass

8. A forward pass is complete when a receiver clearly possesses the pass and touches the ground with both feet inbounds while in possession of the ball. If a receiver would have landed inbounds with both feet but is carried or pushed out of bounds while maintaining possession of the ball, pass is complete at the out-of-bounds spot.

What part of this is unclear to you?

flintsilver7 said:
You're dead wrong. Both of these calls are cut and dried, and I call them like they are. You call them like you see it, but you don't know the rules.

Vick was given a touchdown because the official ruled, upon review, that before he landed out of bounds the ball had crossed the plane of the goal line over the pylon. Vick, as the ball carrier, had established possession somewhere around the 3 yard line.

Jackson never came down with two feet in bounds and therefore never established possession. Whether or not he hit the pylon is completely irrelevant.

http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/forwardpass

8. A forward pass is complete when a receiver clearly possesses the pass and touches the ground with both feet inbounds while in possession of the ball. If a receiver would have landed inbounds with both feet but is carried or pushed out of bounds while maintaining possession of the ball, pass is complete at the out-of-bounds spot.

What part of this is unclear to you?

Yeah, I guess you win! lmao, Do you still want your cookie?

Get a life bro, you will never prove a point with me so dont waste my time. By the way your interpretation needs to be very clear on the goal line. All that talks about was is the sidelines. It never talks about the pylon, which extends beyond the sideline.

In theory one can argue that if the pylon extends well beyond the sideline, jackson did indeed have possession. The pylon is considered the enzone and the endzone is considered inbounds.

Like I said, its all debateable and I'm not losing sleep over it like you are! Go and try and pound your "Im right" attitude with someone else.

Is that clear enough for you!!!:lol:

AquaAssasin said:
Yeah, I guess you win! lmao, Do you still want your cookie?

Get a life bro, you will never prove a point with me so dont waste my time. By the way your interpretation needs to be very clear on the goal line. All that talks about was is the sidelines. It never talks about the pylon, which extends beyond the sideline.

In theory one can argue that if the pylon extends well beyond the sideline, jackson did indeed have possession. The pylon is considered the enzone and the endzone is considered inbounds.

Like I said, its all debateable and I'm not losing sleep over it like you are! Go and try and pound your "Im right" attitude with someone else.

Is that clear enough for you!!!:lol:
It's not debatable, moron. It's a rule, and it's very clear. The rule states the GROUND INBOUNDS. It does not state just "inbounds." By the way, according to the rules, the pylon is both in the endzone and out of bounds. If what you said was true, then a receiver could simply dive and kick another player or a referee with both feet on their way out. After all, both of them are inbounds.

It's not an interpretation. It's a very clear rule. You are wrong. The correct call was made on the field, and it was not debated by the players or by any analyst. The pylon has never been nor do the rules allow it to be considered for possession. There is absolutely no argument here.

Mod Edit: Personal attacks are not allowed. Take 24 hrs off to review the rules.

flintsilver7 said:
It's not debatable, moron. It's a rule, and it's very clear. The rule states the GROUND INBOUNDS. It does not state just "inbounds." By the way, according to the rules, the pylon is both in the endzone and out of bounds. If what you said was true, then a receiver could simply dive and kick another player or a referee with both feet on their way out. After all, both of them are inbounds.

It's not an interpretation. It's a very clear rule. You are wrong. The correct call was made on the field, and it was not debated by the players or by any analyst. The pylon has never been nor do the rules allow it to be considered for possession. There is absolutely no argument here.
The only moron is you for arguing. Tell me if rules were follwed when Ben scored a TD td! Yeah, rules my azz!

So dont got spilling the rules crap.

PS. Dont forget to google and search for more rules. Seems thats all you like to do. Get a life, go outside and smell the fresh air and while your at it "get laid". Seems like you need it!

:sidelol:

Mod Edit: You seem to have trouble following the rules. Take 5 days off to re-read the TOS. Anymore violations and you may be banned from the site permanently.

AquaAssasin said:

Aqua, I'm on your side on this and everything because I think the SB was crap but after reading the rules and how the NFL defines a TD and a catch, it was NOT a TD. The pylon theory and the goaline extendeing to infinty only applies when a player has established possesion on the playing field. In this case, Jackson had only one foot in bounds when he tapped the pylon, meaning he didn't have possesion when he crossed the goal line. The officials actually made an excellent call on this and it was by far the best call they made all game.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Aqua, I'm on your side on this and everything because I think the SB was crap but after reading the rules and how the NFL defines a TD and a catch, it was NOT a TD. The pylon theory and the goaline extendeing to infinty only applies when a player has established possesion on the playing field. In this case, Jackson had only one foot in bounds when he tapped the pylon, meaning he didn't have possesion when he crossed the goal line. The officials actually made an excellent call on this and it was by far the best call they made all game.

Out of curiosity, where did you find a copy of the rule book. I find it funny that the NFL doesn't have a copy available on the internet

adamprez2003 said:
Out of curiosity, where did you find a copy of the rule book. I find it funny that the NFL doesn't have a copy available on the internet

I just searched NFL rules on yahoo and got a link to NFL.com. I'm sure what I was reading is no where near in depth as the actual rule book but it defined the play we were questioning pretty well.

EDIT: Here you go...

http://www.nfl.com/features/rulebook

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I just searched NFL rules on yahoo and got a link to NFL.com. I'm sure what I was reading is no where near in depth as the actual rule book but it defined the play we were questioning pretty well.

EDIT: Here you go...

http://www.nfl.com/features/rulebook

Thx for responding but when I looked I couldn't find anything referring to the pylon rule. Is it in there somewhere?

adamprez2003 said:
Thx for responding but when I looked I couldn't find anything referring to the pylon rule. Is it in there somewhere?

Nope, nothing about just the pylon but they do explain that the goaline is actually in the endzone, etc. It's wierd how they state that "A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above, or over the goal line." yet if a player kicks the pylon with his foot and the ball is nowhere near the goalins it's a TD.

MiamiHitman said:
1) The Roethlisberger TD run where he didn't break the plane of the goal-line. The ref started to call Roethlisberger down, but then changed his mind after watching Big Ben crawl forward another couple yards into the endzone. That was not a TD. And how was it not over-turned? Geez. ...
Yep...that was a weak call.

SteelersNonTD-1.jpg

Steelersview2-1.jpg

The defender made a great play on keeping Roethlisberger's arm/elbow out of the endzone. Unless Roethlisberger has a 1 inch thick arm...that ball doesn't see the plane.

Back
Top Bottom