Supplemental Draft scheduled for July 12th, might have up to 10 players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Supplemental Draft scheduled for July 12th, might have up to 10 players

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Didn't the NFL allocate 32 picks to 15 teams? I don't think we are getting any supp picks Nub??? :confused: Maybe I am thinking about the compensatory picks that go to NFL teams during the NFL draft?

This draft is for players who were not eligible for the normal draft in April for various reasons. Any team has the opportunity to place a blind bid (next year's draft pick) on a player in this draft. This is how the Raiders got that OSU QB a couple years ago.

Didn't the NFL allocate 32 picks to 15 teams? I don't think we are getting any supp picks Nub??? :confused: Maybe I am thinking about the compensatory picks that go to NFL teams during the NFL draft?

Youre gonna have to explain this. What now? Are you thinking of compensatory picks?

Didn't the NFL allocate 32 picks to 15 teams? I don't think we are getting any supp picks Nub??? :confused:

That's a different thing. The NFL allocates compensatory picks to teams for the normal draft. The supplemental draft is a separate event for players that either missed the deadline to file for the draft or they're in eligibility trouble with their school (academic or disciplinary). Teams submit bids for the players based on what round they would draft them in (or what round pick they would be willing to give up for them). If they get the player, they give up a pick in the round they submitted in the next draft (2013). Teams with 6 wins or fewer have priority.

Youre gonna have to explain this. What now? Are you thinking of compensatory picks?

Yeah, my bad....I was thinking about the compensatory picks that they usually start giving out around the end of the third-seventh rounds during the actual draft. :chuckle:

I would be surprised if Ireland used a pick in the Supplemental Draft, but I wouldn't be shocked if they target someone who goes undrafted. I am sure Ireland wouldn't lose any sleep if he likes one of the undrafted guys and has to cut guy #90 to make room. Will be interesting to see who all declares for the draft.

I wonder what the word is on the Georgia safety Bacarri Rambo, who the article listed as a possible draftee?

I wouldn't expect any real action in the Supplemental Draft this year. The position that has turned into a problem for them is WR but that's probably why they're snooping around Kashif Montgomery, who won't be in the Supplemental Draft.

Is there any chance the two guys from Ohio state enter the draft

As far as I can gather, three have officially declared for the Supplemental draft.

TCU Running Back Ed Wesley
Baylor Wide Receiver Josh Gordon
Stephen F. Austin Wide Receiver Houston Tuminello

Of those three, only Wesley has a shot of being drafted, the other two will be undrafted free agents.

That is it so far, but there could be as many as 10 when all is said and done. It is rumored the full list will be released tomorrow or by mid week. Other names that could soon join the list are Georgia safety Bacarri Rambo, Miami safety Ray-Ray Armstrong, Miami offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson, Kansas State offensive tackle Manase Foketi and Boston College running back Montel Harris.

Of those three, Josh Gordon has the best shot at getting drafted and may actually go in the mid rounds. Given the Dolphins' rumored interest in Kashif Montgomery, they may actually have their eye on Flash Gordon in the Supplemental. You're not in the process of bringing Kashif Montgomery onto the roster unless you believe there's a spot open for another young, developmental receiver, particular a speed guy. The problem for Kashif is, Josh Gordon is the same kind of guy, a young developmental type with burner speed. He's a legit 6'3" or 6'4" with good solid mass and has legit 4.40 type speed. There are rumors he has tested even lower than that. You're talking about a legit Vincent Jackson type size/speed combination.

Based on the small amount I have seen of Gordon, which is to say his most recent game as a collegiate athlete...I would definitely book him, depending on the price tag. Don't know if I'd give up a 3rd for him, because I hate giving up high picks in the Supplemental, but I would consider anything lower. His reputed speed is legit, and he has legit acceleration to go with it. He has legit strength and physicality to match his natural size advantage. I haven't seen enough to know how good his hands are but they seem OK to me.

Back
Top Bottom