suprising poll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

suprising poll

Stop making stupid excuses for Sage. If he was as good as everyone "dreams he can be", he'd be our starting QB right now. That's all there is to it IMO...

Feeley was a number #3 in Philly, but he's proven alot more than Sage has on the playing field....

Psss...I'll let you in on a little secret....It was during the "regular season" too.

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
That's hillarious. :roflmao: Sage??? :shakeno:

You guys must be highly medicated if you think he could do better than Fiedler or Feeley. No chance in hell he would be able to lead this offense as the starting QB IMO...

He's third string for a reason, the reason being he's not good enough to be a #2. If he was good enough, Dave would give him more opportunity to battle for the position. How, if he can't beat out the #2, is he ever going to start??

Not happening. :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!!! :fire:
Dave bases his opinion of quartebacks on how well they practice, which probably explains his infatuation with Fiedler all these years, its clear it doesn't translate into real results in the season, no the fact is Sage has never been given a real chance, would we have traded for Feely or would anyone really think much of Feely if he hadn't gotten his chance in those 5 games?

Maybe Sage isn't good enough, but if we already know that why didn't we make a move for another established quarterback or a real young prospect like a Drew Henson in case the Feely thing is a failure, We already know Jay doesn'rt raise his game up in important ball games, in fact his playoff performances are laughable.

CD13 said:
Well if that is the case, then AJ was not good enough to be #2 on Phili, which makes Detmer better than AJ, so we might as well trade a #1 for Detmer, and make him the starter.

Really, from what I read Sage has a good arm, just a slow decision maker...and they never work out...ala Scott Mitchell, Ryan Leaf, etc. Anyway, I don't think the #3 QB is necessarily worse than the #2 potential wise. I think AJ wins the job, and does well. I think Fiedler is a great backup. If Fiedler wins the job, then he will be hurt by game 6, and AJ will be in. Either way AJ finishes the season.

This topic has been discussed here already.......Feeley was in fact the backup QB in Philly.

That is why I am mad at wanny for not starting Sage in the last game last year. It would be nice to see how this kid could play in a real NFL game.

Yes, Sage plays in the preseason mostly against 3rd stringers. However, because he looks very good proves he's better then most 3rd stringers. If he was crap, he would be crap against 3rd stringers, not make it look as easy as he has. Secondly, not all 3rd stringers are 3rd stringers because they suck. A lot are there because they need to be groomed. Hensen is a 3rd stringer right now, yet many on this board creamed for the chance to get him. Wasn't Warner a 3rd, or was it Boldger? Dorsey was and may get to plat this year. So we'll see.

All I want is for Sage to have a shot so he can once and for all convince you or show me that he should or should not be 3rd stringer.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That is why I am mad at wanny for not starting Sage in the last game last year. It would be nice to see how this kid could play in a real NFL game.
I agree 100%, in fact, since we were eliminated from the playoffs before the start of the Buffalo game in week 16 Sage should have gotten a two game audition.

But the sad fact is Dave was more concerned with saving his own arse and avoiding an 8-8 season by beating 6-10 Buffalo and New York. It could be argued that seeing what Sage could do in live action might have eliminated the need to trade a second rounder for Feely. It also could be argued that it was more important than a superficial 10-6 record built upon 8 wins against teams 6-10 or worse.

I'm not for Sage and I'm not against Sage but here is my opinon on this subject. A lot of people are saying there is a reason why Sage has not been given a shot and that is becuase he lacks in some of the QB qualitys, while others are saying he has a great arm give him a chance. My thoughts are that we have only seen Sage in Training Camp and Preseaon how does anyone really know what he is capable of? All we can do is state opinion on this subject because we haven't really seen him in action. Do I think that Sage should be given a shot? Sure we brought in someone else to challenge Jay why not let Sage get in the mix? Really why not, what would it hurt? We have an open competition right now lets see what he has. I honestly believe that the Dolphin org is not given him a shot because this is a make or break year. I truely think no one knows what we have in Sage and no one will until he gets that chance.

Why would that be a surprise?? We have only WON 1 play-off game in FOUR (4) years!! We need a new and improved QB.

bigmiamifan said:
Yes, Sage plays in the preseason mostly against 3rd stringers. However, because he looks very good proves he's better then most 3rd stringers. If he was crap, he would be crap against 3rd stringers, not make it look as easy as he has. Secondly, not all 3rd stringers are 3rd stringers because they suck. A lot are there because they need to be groomed. Hensen is a 3rd stringer right now, yet many on this board creamed for the chance to get him. Wasn't Warner a 3rd, or was it Boldger? Dorsey was and may get to plat this year. So we'll see.

All I want is for Sage to have a shot so he can once and for all convince you or show me that he should or should not be 3rd stringer.

Don't compare sage and hensen, sage has been a career 3rd stringer. If he did so excellent against other 3rd strings he would be a 2nd stringer.... I could put up presentable numbers in garbage time against 3rd stringers. Sage is nto a starter.... bottom line.

another way of looking at it...

76.5% of the people responding want somebody other than Jay. Now that says something, but like all statistics, specially those without scientific/mathematical basis, they can mean virtually anything to anyone. :shakeno:

RevRick said:
76.5% of the people responding want somebody other than Jay. Now that says something, but like all statistics, specially those without scientific/mathematical basis, they can mean virtually anything to anyone. :shakeno:
It tells me the majority of Dolphin fans have seen enough of Jay Fiedler, fours of mediocrity is quite enough. Just as the majority of Dolphin fans have seen enough of this team floundering to even make the playoffs, we've seen enough of Dave Wannstedt.

Williams34Phins said:
A guy that is been a 3rd string qb as long as sage, does not have the ability to start, if he did, he would have shown signs of real greatness.... his ability would have forced the coaches to give him a shot.
Maybe now is that time.

Yeap, Fans have seen the light, they had to find the switch in the dark and turned it on...

AJ- 47%..
Sage- 32%
JF- 21%

Back
Top Bottom