Sweeping The Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sweeping The Patriots

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins are being built to win championships. To get to that point the Dolphins must overtake the New England Patriots. Last season the Patriots swept us and won the Super Bowl in thrilling fashion. Tom Brady, at age 39, had one of his greatest seasons and even though he'll be 40 this year, he doesn't seem to be slowing down. On top of that, New England had a very strong off season highlighted by the signing of dynamic receiver Brandin Cooks. Julian Edelman, James White and 7/11 Chris Hogan are returning along with Rob Gronkowski back healthy from back surgery. With New England looking so invincible what does Miami need to do to flip the script. We have N.E. in weeks 12 and 14. Week 12 on Nov 26 we're up there in the cold, week 14 at home on Dec 11, when it isn't too hot usually. So with N.E. looking like a combination of Babe Ruth's Yankees, Jordon's Bulls and Muhammad Ali versus Jerry Quarry how do we begin to bridge the gap. What must we do scheme wise to force N.E. to play on their heels. Do we run first and then go play action, do we pass first to loosen things up? What's the game plan needed to sweep N.E. this year? When we play them on Nov 26 we will have 10 games under our belt. The 3 games before N.E. are Baltimore, Oakland and Carolina, we do have a tough schedule. OK, we're 8-2, heading up to Foxboro, you're the coach, what's the game plan?

only knowing what we know now- bring pressure sporadically from different areas as we cant tire out our D and Brady tough to sack. play tight underneath and dare Brady to go over top. that saves our D for hopefully 4 good quarters and hopefully we get a few drive-ending pressures.

likewise try to have sustained drives (good
mix of rushing and shorter passes) to keep our D rested. i think we'll have a lot of options to keep them guessing. then go over the top when they press too hard. goal is to play them close so have shot in the last 8 min. i feel good about our O and RT in closing minutes- we have weapons to try to outscore them in end. 8-2 record and playing them close through 3 quarters should be giving lots of confidence to get job done.

Sweep the Pats? Have you seen the roster they built? Combined with the best coach and qb around?

UK, I'm not ready to concede 2 victories to N.E. this season, in fact, I think we're going to play them very tough this year. Gase and Tannehill are poised to do great things this season on offense where we are loaded with talent. I think a physical brand of football stands the best chance of beating N.E. Let Harris, Wake and Suh get after Brady in a big way. We have to sack him and pound him all day. If you can't get there put your hands up and limit his passing lanes. We must stop the run game and force Brady to pass, then come with some exotic blitzes and body slam the heck out of him. On offense run Ajayi, set up play action and keep N.E.s defense guessing all day as we take a lead with a potent offense and a scrappy, opportunistic defense. In order to get the w against N.E. we must win the turnover battle, stay away from stupid penalties and keep the pressure on for 60 minutes.

UK, I'm not ready to concede 2 victories to N.E. this season, in fact, I think we're going to play them very tough this year. Gase and Tannehill are poised to do great things this season on offense where we are loaded with talent. I think a physical brand of football stands the best chance of beating N.E. Let Harris, Wake and Suh get after Brady in a big way. We have to sack him and pound him all day. If you can't get there put your hands up and limit his passing lanes. We must stop the run game and force Brady to pass, then come with some exotic blitzes and body slam the heck out of him. On offense run Ajayi, set up play action and keep N.E.s defense guessing all day as we take a lead with a potent offense and a scrappy, opportunistic defense. In order to get the w against N.E. we must win the turnover battle, stay away from stupid penalties and keep the pressure on for 60 minutes.

We may well beat them once, we have a good record of this. But sweeping them? Don't see that happening at all, the Pats O is going to be a monster

NE may lack their usual motivation. They just won a Super Bowl, how are they going to be sky high this coming season? This gives Miami a chance to sneak up on them a bit. If I was offered a split right now I'd take it!! I'm not crazy!!

Sweep the Pats? Have you seen the roster they built? Combined with the best coach and qb around?
While I don't think Miami will sweep the Pats I'm also not just going to hand them the Siper Bowl just because they had a good off season. Everything on paper doss the always pan out in real life. And I get the odds are in their favor but as of right now, everyone is 0-0 and until its proven otherwise, the Pats are just as likely to stumble as any other team.

NE may lack their usual motivation. They just won a Super Bowl, how are they going to be sky high this coming season? This gives Miami a chance to sneak up on them a bit. If I was offered a split right now I'd take it!! I'm not crazy!!
They are going to be sky high because they are shooting for an undefeated season. That's what Belicheat is after.

While I don't think Miami will sweep the Pats I'm also not just going to hand them the Siper Bowl just because they had a good off season. Everything on paper doss the always pan out in real life. And I get the odds are in their favor but as of right now, everyone is 0-0 and until its proven otherwise, the Pats are just as likely to stumble as any other team.

The fact they won the Super Bowl (and 2 of the last 3!) Doesn't hurt either :p As I said we may well beat them, but can't imagine us sweeping them.

And I do think they have a very very good chance of winning the Super Bowl...again :(

I may be the only one who is skeptical of the hype Cooks is getting? I mean I feel his targets are going to drop a good number. Michael Thomas was a rookie and got more targets and receptions. I mean the Pats have a good amount of targets. Edelman, Gronk, Mitchell, Amendola, Allen not to mention James White and Dion Lewis out of the backfield.

You need a defense that can travel to beat the Pats in Foxboro. We don't have that yet. We all know Pats get a lot of home cooking up there so you have to beat the Pats and the refs.

The pats are better this year than they were last, we will be lucky to win 1 game against them.

And to say we are built to win championships is ridiculous when we haven't shown an ability to consistently win in a very a long time.

I think we are trending in the right direction, but we are years away from really competing.

The fact they won the Super Bowl (and 2 of the last 3!) Doesn't hurt either :p As I said we may well beat them, but can't imagine us sweeping them.

And I do think they have a very very good chance of winning the Super Bowl...again :(
Yeah. I won't disagree with you there.

Back
Top Bottom