Sweeping The Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sweeping The Patriots

Is it possible to sweep NE....yes, I just don't see that happening.

On paper this looks like the best Patriots team since 2007. That said, a lot of things can happen during the course of the football season. Although a sweep seems like a pipe dream, New England could be ravaged by injuries like Miami was last year.

I think to compete with New England this year, Miami's offense is going to have to score close to 40 points in those games. I don't like how the Dolphins match-up with the Pats in the slot and it looks like Miami didn't address this, while New England added Brandin Cooks who is another mismatch piece.

Guys, seriously! They're just a different animal. They just are. They're whispering about going undefeated up there. They've PUBLICLY taken steps to trademark what title # 6 will be called. That's what confident, winning teams do that know that no one can stand in their way. Yes, it WILL end one year and FINALLY be over, but this isn't the year, sadly. :(

theyre good, but this is sports. Miami will likely split with them this year.

We don't need to think about the Pats until we play them.

This team should have enough time to grow to challenge by the time we face them.

Last edited:
Maybe we should be talking about: How Not to be Swept by the Patriots? I'd love to get the broom out as much as the next guy, but we've got work to do!

I may be the only one who is skeptical of the hype Cooks is getting? I mean I feel his targets are going to drop a good number. Michael Thomas was a rookie and got more targets and receptions. I mean the Pats have a good amount of targets. Edelman, Gronk, Mitchell, Amendola, Allen not to mention James White and Dion Lewis out of the backfield.

i agree, his targets will go down for Cooks. the porblem is though, Cooks gives that Patriots offense another dimension. every opponent will have to repect their deep passing game and account for Cooks. they didn't have that last year.

i agree, his targets will go down for Cooks. the porblem is though, Cooks gives that Patriots offense another dimension. every opponent will have to repect their deep passing game and account for Cooks. they didn't have that last year.
What a Draft for WRs that class is turning out to be. Very likely the best in NFL history to date.

Watkins
Evans
Cooks
Davante Adams
OBJ
Landry
Benjamin
Bryant
Robinson
Huff
Matthews

Plus a bunch of other decent role receivers like Enunwu, Lee, John Brown.

[/Sidetrack]

Don't worry. Gronk will get hurt as always. He's their Pouncy

Brady's knee + baseball bat = chance.

wk2_09_td.gif

562.jpg

Back
Top Bottom